Are Bush Supporters ready to admit Iraq was a collossal mistake? - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Are Bush Supporters ready to admit Iraq was a collossal mistake?

If Saddam had attacked Pearl Harbor with all of the nuclear subs and fighter jets he has buried in the desert, I'd be all for it. You see, then we would be defending our country. Or if our European allies had asked for our assistance in regard to dealing with the Iraqi Fourth Reich that was about to rise up and rule the whole world, I might also be for it. What I am not for is swatting a fly with a hand grenade and doing our best to bankrupt our nation in the process. It's both destructive and fool-hearty, and we'll all be suffering the consequences for generations to come. Snap out of it man -- there was no Iraqi invasion fleet -- really.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Watch the body count once the civil war (which we precipitated)kicks off-you ain't seen nothing yet guys.[:(][V]

post #83 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 05:47 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/23/2006 5:53 PM

If Saddam had attacked Pearl Harbor with all of the nuclear subs and fighter jets he has buried in the desert, I'd be all for it. You see, then we would be defending our country. Or if our European allies had asked for our assistance in regard to dealing with the Iraqi Fourth Reich that was about to rise up and rule the whole world, I might also be for it. What I am not for is swatting a fly with a hand grenade and doing our best to bankrupt our nation in the process. It's both destructive and fool-hearty, and we'll all be suffering the consequences for generations to come. Snap out of it man -- there was no Iraqi invasion fleet -- really.

So the only menace in the nuclear/terror age is a risk of invasion? So you were opposed to US action in Afghanistan, Somolia, Kosovo, and Haiti.

post #84 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

We invaded Afghanistan in retaliation to an attack upon our country. That invasion was wholly justified, despite the fact that the 9/11 attack would have probably never occurred without U.S. complicity. If you don't see the distinction, maybe you should work on that...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #85 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to Ammonium

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/23/2006 7:47 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/23/2006 5:53 PM

So the only menace in the nuclear/terror age is a risk of invasion? So you were opposed to US action in Afghanistan, Somolia, Kosovo, and Haiti.

You missed his point. He's trying to explain that the only armed conflict which he can reasonably stand behind is that either A) We are attacked, know who attacked us, and have a strategic plan to strike back. Or B) A nation is in the processing of invading several nations throughout a region and eventually wants to conquer the world by any means necessary.

In Iraq, neither of these things happened in 2003. In 1991 you had you shot to take out saddam and Bush 41 blew it, too bad. In 2003, Saddam neither attacked us or was threatening to conquer the entire middle east. He was a lame duck trying to hold off the kurds in the north and the Iranians in the east. His weaponry was from the 1970's or older and he lacked the capability to deliever a weapon outside of the middle east.

You are also very contradictory in your arguing points. I know I have, one multiple occasions, pointed out to you why we went to Bosnia while you contend it was foolish.

Are we really in any more danger today than we were in the Cold War?
post #86 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

The premise is false. It assumes that an opinion concerning what is going on overseas is implicit support of this or that politician.

One could support Bush and not support the war or one could support the war and not support Bush.

Bot
post #87 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Ammonium - 2/23/2006 6:07 PM
I know I have, one multiple occasions, pointed out to you why we went to Bosnia while you contend it was foolish.
The Bosnia situation was horrific, and someone should've stepped in and stopped it long before. Fact is that any number of European countries could have, but no one wanted to lift a finger to help the Bosnian Muslims. I remember when Croatia finally got it's little army together and kicked the crap outta the Serbian invaders, but turned around and went home after they made their point without helping the Bosnians more than just a little.

post #88 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:06 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/23/2006 8:30 PM

Quote:
I know I have, one multiple occasions, pointed out to you why we went to Bosnia while you contend it was foolish.
The Bosnia situation was horrific, and someone should've stepped in and stopped it long before. Fact is that any number of European countries could have, but no one wanted to lift a finger to help the Bosnian Muslims. I remember when Croatia finally got it's little army together and kicked the crap outta the Serbian invaders, but turned around and went home after they made their point without helping the Bosnians more than just a little.

The Iraqi situation was horrific and the invasion was totally justified on those grounds.
On top of that you had refusals to comply with UN chapter 7 resolutions and aiding and harboring terrorists.
Your double standards are amazing.
post #89 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/23/2006 7:51 PM

We invaded Afghanistan in retaliation to an attack upon our country. That invasion was wholly justified, despite the fact that the 9/11 attack would have probably never occurred without U.S. complicity. If you don't see the distinction, maybe you should work on that...

Afganistan didn't attack our country. How about those other countries I had mentioned?
post #90 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to Ammonium

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/23/2006 8:30 PM

Quote:
Yes the EU and/or NATO should have stepping in long before it got as bad as it did. After WW2 the Allies pledged "never again" to genocide and concentration camps. Turns out that's excatly what was going on in Bosnia, they were just turning a blind eye so long as the war stayed within Bosnia. Shame on them all.

Then we come in, guns blazing, shooting off DU rounds and make a mess of the region forever. I always wondered what a three eye'd fish would look like in real life. Guess we'll find out sooner or later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in