post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Revenge?????

Is this how Christians are supposed to behave towards Muslims? I thought only Muslims are capable of such atrocities, now I am confused....
Quote:
Religious Riots Continue in Nigeria
Christian Mobs Attack Muslims Over Cartoon Violence

By Craig Timberg
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, February 22, 2006; 10:37 AM

ONITSHA, Nigeria, Feb. 22 -- Religious riots sparked by the publishing of cartoons of the prophet Muhammad continued into their fifth day in Nigeria as Christian mobs in this southern city attacked Muslim motorists, leaving at least 22 dead. Nationwide, the toll was at least 65 dead and likely to rise.

Thousands of refugees also huddled at police stations and army barracks near here to avoid hordes of angry young men bent on avenging days of killings in northern Nigeria cities.

"They've been killing our brothers and sisters in the north," men shouted Wednesday morning, according to motorist Afoma Clara Adigwe, 40, shortly after driving through Onitsha. She escaped the mobs, she said, only by speaking the Ibo language dominant in this heavily Christian section of Nigeria.

Nigerian news reports put the death toll at 22, but that appeared low. At least 19 bodies were visible along the road within several hundred feet of the Head Bridge, a massive steel-girder crossing of the Niger River. The bodies appeared to have been beaten and, in several cases, burned beyond recognition. Discarded sandals and the round, decorative hats favored by Muslims from northern Nigeria were left behind in the dirt.

The road, controlled by dozens of police and soldiers, bore black burn marks. Adigwe and other witnesses said there were at least 14 other bodies, including several that had been decapitated and mutilated, farther from the bridge, in an area where mobs remained in control. Five other bodies were in a morgue, authorities said, in the nearby city of Asaba.

"Horrible," Adigwe said. "I just closed my eyes it's so horrible." Her traveling companion, magazine editor Tony Iweka, 45, said one man in the mob displayed what appeared to be a freshly decapitated head in his right hand.

News reports also said that the mobs burned two mosques in Onitsha. The rioting began, the reports said, on Tuesday morning after a bus arrived in the city carrying the bodies of Christian victims killed by mobs in the predominantly Muslim northeastern city of Maiduguri on Saturday. At least 18 Christians were killed and 30 churches were burned there. (Shabah: Oh I see why...)

Those attacks were followed on Monday by rioting in another northern and mostly Muslim city, Bauchi, where 25 died over two days.

Nigeria, a country of 130 million people, is split roughly in half between a mostly Muslim north and a Christian and animistic south, but most areas contain a mixture of all three religious groups after centuries of migration and extensive trading. The Hausa are the main ethnic group in the predominantly Muslim north, while Onitsha is in the heartland of the Ibo Christian group.

Religious violence in one part of the country often sparks reprisal killings elsewhere in Nigeria.

Nigerian security forces guarded churches and mosques and patrolled streets in several Nigerian cities in an attempt to quell the rising sectarian tensions.

© 2006 The Washington Post Company
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
One of the BW Old Guard

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1988 560Sl
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Revenge?????

Regardless of profession of faith or otherwise, Christians, like anybody else, are human, and prone to the reactions belonging to the human race. Right or wrong...

Human is a matter of biology, faith a matter of ideology...

RM Smith www.rmsmithco.com

Where is it again that we are going... And why are we in a handbasket?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

I guess they feel that turn about is fair play. Or they have decided to fight fire with fire.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:57 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

How about how Muslims behave towards Muslims??

From BBC News 22/2/06
Iraq shrine blast sparks protests

Tens of thousands of people have staged protests across Iraq after a bomb attack heavily damaged one of the holiest sites in Shia Islam.
Dozens of Sunni mosques are reported to have been targeted and six Sunnis killed after a gang blew up the dome of the al-Askari shrine in Samarra.

Iraq's top Shia cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, has appealed for calm and called for a week of mourning.

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said the country must work to avoid a civil war.

In a television broadcast, Mr Talabani, a Sunni Kurd, accused the attackers of trying to sabotage attempts to form a coalition government.

"We must... work together against... the danger of civil war," he said.

No-one has claimed responsibility for the attack on the shrine, although Iraqi television said several people had been arrested in connection with the bombing.

The BBC's Jon Brain in Baghdad says the attack was almost certainly designed to raise the existing tensions between the majority Shia and minority Sunni populations.

Clashes

Following the attack, thousands of demonstrators gathered near the shrine, waving Iraqi flags and calling for justice.

Shia leaders have called for calm amid soaring anger

"We demand an investigation so that the criminals who did this will be punished," one of the protesters, 28-year-old Mahmoud al-Samarie, told the Associated Press news agency.

"If the government fails to do so, then we will take up arms and chase the people behind this attack."

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

The word 'Christian' means Christ-Like. I don't think you're going to find any references in the Bible where Christ rioted and killed other people. A true follower of Christ would not be a party to this. These are just thugs claiming to be Christians.

Would this not also be the same argument that a 'True' muslim would use?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Ears - 2/22/2006 1:15 PM

Regardless of profession of faith or otherwise, Christians, like anybody else, are human, and prone to the reactions belonging to the human race. Right or wrong...

Human is a matter of biology, faith a matter of ideology...
I am laughing so hard that my animalistic belly is hurting. Yeah, the last time I saw shit flinging my way I was called an animal and that I should go back to my sand box because I have not evolved properly from a caveman status. It's funny that when Arabs kill they are animals and when others do it to them oh well that's human nature...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
Shabah - 2/22/2006 12:29 PM

News reports also said that the mobs burned two mosques in Onitsha. The rioting began, the reports said, on Tuesday morning after a bus arrived in the city carrying the bodies of Christian victims killed by mobs in the predominantly Muslim northeastern city of Maiduguri on Saturday. At least 18 Christians were killed and 30 churches were burned there. (Shabah: Oh I see why...)
You even point it out yourself. While the response isn't justified, it did take a busload of dead christians and burned churches to set off this behavior. That's quite a bit more incentive to riot than a drawing, wouldn't you agree???? Your comparison blows.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
That Guy - 2/22/2006 3:26 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/22/2006 12:29 PM

You even point it out yourself. While the response isn't justified, it did take a busload of dead christians and burned churches to set off this behavior. That's quite a bit more incentive to riot than a drawing, wouldn't you agree???? Your comparison blows.
You said it...
let's face it Christians Muslims or what not, they are all the fukin same... My comparison was not to elevate one over the other but show that we are all fucked up!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:09 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shabah - 2/22/2006 3:14 PM

I am laughing so hard that my animalistic belly is hurting. Yeah, the last time I saw shit flinging my way I was called an animal and that I should go back to my sand box because I have not evolved properly from a caveman status. It's funny that when Arabs kill they are animals and when others do it to them oh well that's human nature...
There are different rules for different people, almost anywhere you go.

I think you've discovered this [;)]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 78s 240D&300D (w123s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Morpheus

FUCK YOU SHABAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in