BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: '86 190E 2.3L
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: type 1a supernovas

I always loved tiger lilys, they grow wild all around my yard every year[:D]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46_1796599_221200695556PM.jpg (43.5 KB, 36 views)

If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
1986 190E 2.3L 135,000mi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shabah - 2/21/2006 9:49 PM

Hey bot I got this friggin plant taking over my strawberry fields, what the hell is it? how fo I get rid of it?
Jeez, man whatever you do, don't cut them down at the ground. That will only get rid of them. Locate all tops and cut 3 to 5 inches below on all plants. Watch for a few weeks and then do it again. If you are fortunate, you will say, "Fuck these strawberries!"
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 07:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
jjl - 2/21/2006 9:43 PM

^^^^ The Foxglove - I think it is used (or was, there may be a synthetic alternative now) for cardiac therapy, as you say - not some thing I would nibble in the garden. It is really quite surprising how many toxic plants there are - they seem to shunt their excess carbon (secondary metabolites) into a spectrum of physiologically interesting compounds, mainly to deter herbivory, apparently. Bot, is this your area at all?
Not as a subject of study, but I have seen an awful lot of interactions, mostly plant-animal symbiosis in various forms. Cecropia/ant and mequite/ant especially intrigued me. I also like the gut of termites. Everybody has their little dalliances.

Talk about fox in the henhouse, back in the 1970's I spent a 6 weeks in and around Iquitos, Peru collecting bulk specimens of Malpighiaceae, Hippocrateaceae, Rubiaceae, and a couple other families for an NIH study of psychotropic drugs. We even collected a liverwort that the indians smoked. No chemicals of any consequence had at that time ever been described from bryophytes so we thought we had something interesting. We dried a handful and smoked it in a pipe. A mild, cool smoke with absolutely no effect. later we thought that we should have asked what the local indians mixed it with, figuring that the smoldering quality was the vehicle for something more interesting. But we got in trouble with the local military and that's another story.

Bot
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

Hey bot I got this friggin plant taking over my strawberry fields, what the hell is it? how fo I get rid of it?
I don't kno what that is. Please send me several pounds of dried specimens for proper id.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
cmitchprint - 2/22/2006 2:56 AM

Quote:

Jeez, man whatever you do, don't cut them down at the ground. That will only get rid of them. Locate all tops and cut 3 to 5 inches below on all plants. Watch for a few weeks and then do it again. If you are fortunate, you will say, "Fuck these strawberries!"
Nice one.

btw, what tf have you guys done to my supernova thread? You'd all rather lie around stoned than learn, admit it.

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

people who get stoned don't get leanr, ...

... they get fatter.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Did someone say STONED??
Attached Images

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Huh??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46_1796631_2212006101148PM.jpg (38.1 KB, 40 views)
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Botnst - 2/22/2006 2:59 AM

Quote:
jjl - 2/21/2006 9:43 PM

^^^^ The Foxglove - I think it is used (or was, there may be a synthetic alternative now) for cardiac therapy, as you say - not some thing I would nibble in the garden. It is really quite surprising how many toxic plants there are - they seem to shunt their excess carbon (secondary metabolites) into a spectrum of physiologically interesting compounds, mainly to deter herbivory, apparently. Bot, is this your area at all?
Not as a subject of study, but I have seen an awful lot of interactions, mostly plant-animal symbiosis in various forms. Cecropia/ant and mequite/ant especially intrigued me. I also like the gut of termites. Everybody has their little dalliances.

Talk about fox in the henhouse, back in the 1970's I spent a 6 weeks in and around Iquitos, Peru collecting bulk specimens of Malpighiaceae, Hippocrateaceae, Rubiaceae, and a couple other families for an NIH study of psychotropic drugs. We even collected a liverwort that the indians smoked. No chemicals of any consequence had at that time ever been described from bryophytes so we thought we had something interesting. We dried a handful and smoked it in a pipe. A mild, cool smoke with absolutely no effect. later we thought that we should have asked what the local indians mixed it with, figuring that the smoldering quality was the vehicle for something more interesting. But we got in trouble with the local military and that's another story.

Bot
Yet more evidence of a much more interesting life than mine. Damn. So, why were NIH interested in hallucinogenic plants? Did you guys sit around in lab coats firing crazy powder up each other's noses? And then the military burst in. I'm sure I've seen that film.

Vaguely related - a PD of mine is off to Peru to study hummingbirds this year (climate change malarky) - I get to sit in front of the blasted computer - again.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

Smokeable hair. Cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in