post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Neil Entwistle

This case is so bizarre.Reminds me of the OJ circus.
Other than assuming the guy is insane,what theories/comments do you all have?
Meanwhile,my condolences to all those affected.[V]

FROM BBC NEWS
Q
Briton denies US family murders

A British man has pleaded not guilty in a US court to murdering his American wife and baby daughter.
Neil Entwistle, 27, extradited from the UK on Wednesday, appeared at Framingham District Court, in Massachusetts.

He is accused of killing wife Rachel and nine-month-old Lillian in January, before flying to the UK to stay at his parents' home in Worksop, Notts.

After his lawyer made the plea, the court said he would be held without bail until appearing again on 15 March.

If found guilty of first degree murder, Mr Entwistle would be sentenced to life in jail.

No details of the charges were read during the hearing, which lasted only a few minutes.

Mr Entwistle, grim-faced in a black zip-up top, nodded when asked whether he knew what the charges were.

Rachel's stepfather Joseph Matterazzo and mother Priscilla, who was carrying flowers, were in court for the hearing.

Mr Entwistle's lawyer, Elliot Weinstein said outside court that he would "vigorously, aggressively and successfully" defend his client.

'Today at Framingham District Court we will appear for the arraignment. At that time we will plead not guilty'

Elliot Weinstein
Lawyer

A plane carrying Mr Entwistle to the US from the UK landed just before 1730 local time on Wednesday at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, north-west of Boston.

He was taken to Hopkinton police station in a four-car cavalcade, with press helicopters flying overhead, and was fingerprinted before spending the night in cells.

His lawyer earlier said: "Neil Entwistle has had a long journey from the United Kingdom to here and it's been a long procedure inside the station, the formal procedure of booking.

"I've had the briefest of conversations with him, and that was my decision because I don't consider the police station the environment for a private attorney-client substantive discussion.

KEY DATES
22 January - Rachel Entwistle and her daughter Lillian are found dead in their home
28 January - Mr Entwistle is questioned in London after returning to the UK
1 February - Mrs Entwistle and Lillian are buried
15 February - Mr Entwistle is extradited to the US to face murder charges
16 February - Mr Entwistle pleads not guilty in US court

"A very serious tragedy occurred in this town several weeks ago when a woman and her daughter were found murdered.

"The State and the Middlesex District Attorney has decided to charge Neil Entwistle with these crimes, and today at Framingham District Court we will appear for the arraignment, when he is formally charged in the court with the crimes of murder.

"At that time we will plead not guilty, and from that moment forward all of our efforts will be to see that he receives the fairest of trials with the expectation of him being exonerated... for that which he is now charged."

But Mr Weinstein will also reportedly petition for all the charges against Mr Entwistle to be dropped, saying the high level of publicity about the case has made it impossible for him to receive a fair trial.

Mrs Entwistle and baby Lillian were shot dead on 20 January, and their bodies found in a bed at the home two days later.

The Entwistles had moved to the US after their daughter was born

Mr Entwistle left the US on 21 January and went to stay at his parents' home in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.

He was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers at Royal Oak Tube station, in west London, on 9 February, and agreed to be extradited at a court appearance a day later.

Framingham District Court released documents on Tuesday claiming Mr Entwistle had conducted internet searches about euthanasia, suicide and "killing people with a knife" the week before his wife and daughter's deaths.

State trooper Michael Banks also gave a sworn statement that the Entwistles had accumulated a "sizeable amount of debt" that appeared "to have caused a strain in their relationship".

Mr Weinstein has been assigned to defend Mr Entwistle by the Committee for Public Counsel Services, the Massachusetts body which provides representation for people who cannot afford to hire a private lawyer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Neil Entwistle

This is getting a lot of local press here in the Commonwealth. Some things that are missing from your article.

Neil admitted to investigators that he left the house that morning to run an "errand". He returned to find them dead and bloody. He covered them with a blanket and contemplating killing himself. He couldn't because of the pain it might cause him. He drove to his in laws, but stated he did not have a key to the house (it was found in his BMW at the airport). He then flew to London without notifying the police that he found his family dead. Meanwhile....

The gun used was a .22 owned by the father-in-law. It had Neils DNA on the handle and powder matched the victims GSR. The bodies were not bloody and had no outward signs they were shot. This guy is sick. To kill your wife and infant because of money trouble is twisted. I know some correction workers. I hope he gets the full treatment in prison, including full shower priviledges.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

^^^
Yeah,I have followed this from the first bulletin,so I do know the facts you have highlighted but just put up the latest report for the sake of brevity.
I just can't get my head around his behaviour.I assumed once he was arrested he would go quietly and plead insanity.I can't believe the cops have screwed up,so what is on his mind? Seems he's asking to be victimised presuming we see him safely to jail.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

My wife just had a baby friday, as most know. I can't imagine for the life of me how a man can kill his wife and child.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Okay, I'll concede the wife part[:D] but the CHILD???
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005

Quote:
cmitchprint - 2/16/2006 7:47 PM

If you off the wife you will have to change all the poopy diapers

1962 300SL roadster
2003 ML500
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:

Quote:
cmitchprint - 2/16/2006 7:46 PM

My wife just had a baby friday, as most know. I can't imagine for the life of me how a man can kill his wife and child.
I can't either.

Quote:

but to contradict my previous statement, wait two more years [}:)][;)]

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

Miiiiiiitch........behave yourself.

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in