What do you think about the attacks of 9/11? - Page 16 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?
The administration was caught unaware 12 27.91%
The administration had info, but failed to "connect the dots" 17 39.53%
The administration knew specifics, but failed to prevent in time 2 4.65%
The administration knew, but allowed it to happen anyway 1 2.33%
The administration knew of the attacks and acted to enable them 11 25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
Fulcrum525 - 2/21/2006 10:34 PM

Don't forget to through in that the supposed turn that the plane took also took it straight over the highway which leaves to questions, why are all of the trees and light posts undamaged and why weren't there any cars thrown from the jetwash?
You guys who don't live in the DC area forget the details so quickly. As the photos show above, light poles were taken out by the plane. No bomb or missile could have hit those things and then continued into the Pentagon.

Not only that but what about ALL of the eyewitnesses?!?!?!?
395 is a frickin parking lot during the morning rush hour. The plane flew over thousands of people in cars and office buildings who SAW the plane.

Are THEY part of the conpsiracy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
That Guy - 2/22/2006 8:20 AM

Quote:

Don't forget to through in that the supposed turn that the plane took also took it straight over the highway which leaves to questions, why are all of the trees and light posts undamaged and why weren't there any cars thrown from the jetwash?
You guys who don't live in the DC area forget the details so quickly. As the photos show above, light poles were taken out by the plane. No bomb or missile could have hit those things and then continued into the Pentagon.

395 is a frickin parking lot during the morning rush hour. The plane flew over thousands of people in cars and office buildings who SAW the plane.

There are plenty of eyewitnesses that corroborate many views. If it was a plane, where is the wreckage? Where are the engines? These are simple questions, and again, I don't pretend to answer them, they just need to be asked.

OBK #35

post #153 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005

Quote:
old300D - 2/22/2006 4:04 PM

Quote:
That Guy - 2/22/2006 8:20 AM

Quote:

There are plenty of eyewitnesses that corroborate many views. If it was a plane, where is the wreckage? Where are the engines? These are simple questions, and again, I don't pretend to answer them, they just need to be asked.
hmmmmm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46_1797554_222200641529PM.jpg (66.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 46_1797554_222200641558PM.jpg (29.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 46_1797554_222200641623PM.jpg (96.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 46_1797554_222200641646PM.jpg (49.5 KB, 24 views)
post #154 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
old300D - 2/22/2006 4:04 PM
I don't know of ANY eyewitnesses that corroborate any view other than they saw (and heard) a plane flying low that smacked into the Pentagon. If you are aware of anyone who was an eyewitness that contends there wasn't a plane, I'd be curious who they were. This thing happened in broad daylight in front of 10s of thousands of people. None, that I'm aware of, didn't see a plane.
post #155 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

What about these eyewitness accounts then?

ABC news, 10/24/01 reported a traffic controller at Dulles, who saw the aircraft at 9:25 9/11, as saying "The speed, the manuverability, the way that he turned, we all thought in the radar room, all of us experienced air traffic controllers, that that was a military plane."

The Washington Post reported on 9/11 that a witness seeing the plane from a 14th floor apartment in Pentagon City said that it "seemed to be able to hold eight or twelve persons" and "made a shrill noise like a fighter plane".

Lon Rains, an editor at Space News said "I was convinced it was a missile. It came in so fast it seemed nothing like an airplane." http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/flight77.html

OBK #35

post #156 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
old300D - 2/22/2006 5:59 PM

ABC news, 10/24/01 reported a traffic controller at Dulles, who saw the aircraft at 9:25 9/11, as saying "The speed, the manuverability, the way that he turned, we all thought in the radar room, all of us experienced air traffic controllers, that that was a military plane."

The Washington Post reported on 9/11 that a witness seeing the plane from a 14th floor apartment in Pentagon City said that it "seemed to be able to hold eight or twelve persons" and "made a shrill noise like a fighter plane".

Lon Rains, an editor at Space News said "I was convinced it was a missile. It came in so fast it seemed nothing like an airplane." http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/flight77.html
Honestly, the accounts are unconvincing. The sheer magnitude of witnesses there, versus the paltry number of people corroborating this alternate theory makes them unreliable, but thank you for stepping up to the plate (no sarcasm intended). Its inevitable to have differing eyewitness accounts and in this case the sheer number of witnesses that share the same recounting of events versus this small number of people that think they saw something different makes it even more unlikeley to me.

I'll refer you to Occam's razor (mostly because it makes it sound like I know what the hell I'm talking about) [8D]
post #157 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:21 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Excellent Popular Mechanics article on this topic.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html?page=6&c=y

I apologize if this is a repost.
post #158 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
old300D - 2/22/2006 5:59 PM

1. ATC saw something on radar and interpreted it as military. Does this mean the aircraft turned off its IFF, too? How can he determine something is military by looking at a 3d maneuver on a 2d screen?

2. Doppler shift for teh sound, foreshortened perspective for the visual. Ask if these terms are obscure.

3. Space News guy sees a spaceship. Whoa.

B

PS The official report is here. http://fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/build03/PDF/b03017.pdf

Anybody actually read it?
post #159 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
That Guy - 2/22/2006 4:21 PM

It's not reposted in this thread, and I've not seen it. I agree with you about "eyewitness" testimony, in fact many only claim it was a commercial airliner after the official story tied flight 77 to the Pentagon crash.

I'm afraid that link doesn't answer many questions. If one wing was sheared when it hit the ground, according to many "eyewitnesses", where is the resulting damage from that? I also don't buy the "liquid" thing squeezing the plane into the small hole. I'm also not convinced about a landing gear causing the punch through in wing C. Many assertions made, but nothing in print that convinces. And what's with this photo?

This is supposed to be proof of wreckage? It's a freakin' piece of a cowling. So what? And it's the only photo that shows anything.

And nothing explains the manuvers a rookie pilot hijacker did with a 757 from 7000 feet, or why nothing was done about this plane, when it was all alone in the air for 30 minutes after it was known planes had already hit the towers. Where are the fighters? Where is the building defense? Why the difficult flight approach in the newly remodeled, thinly populated side of the building that this plane should not have been able to do?

Just questions.

OBK #35

post #160 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
old300D - 2/22/2006 8:42 PM

Quote:
That Guy - 2/22/2006 4:21 PM

It's not reposted in this thread, and I've not seen it. I agree with you about "eyewitness" testimony, in fact many only claim it was a commercial airliner after the official story tied flight 77 to the Pentagon crash.

I'm afraid that link doesn't answer many questions. If one wing was sheared when it hit the ground, according to many "eyewitnesses", where is the resulting damage from that? I also don't buy the "liquid" thing squeezing the plane into the small hole. I'm also not convinced about a landing gear causing the punch through in wing C. Many assertions made, but nothing in print that convinces. And what's with this photo?

This is supposed to be proof of wreckage? It's a freakin' piece of a cowling. So what? And it's the only photo that shows anything.

And nothing explains the manuvers a rookie pilot hijacker did with a 757 from 7000 feet, or why nothing was done about this plane, when it was all alone in the air for 30 minutes after it was known planes had already hit the towers. Where are the fighters? Where is the building defense? Why the difficult flight approach in the newly remodeled, thinly populated side of the building that this plane should not have been able to do?

Just questions.
Okay, in the first part you discount witnesses and the second part you rely on them. Either the witnesses are reliable or they are not. Unless you have evidence to support discounting some witnesses and favoring others, you are biasing the analysis by selective use of data.

Your mind is made.

Bot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in