What do you think about the attacks of 9/11? - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?
The administration was caught unaware 12 27.91%
The administration had info, but failed to "connect the dots" 17 39.53%
The administration knew specifics, but failed to prevent in time 2 4.65%
The administration knew, but allowed it to happen anyway 1 2.33%
The administration knew of the attacks and acted to enable them 11 25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Shabah's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Location: 19 05'40.0 N, 49 49'09 E
Posts: 2,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 6:41 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/17/2006 6:22 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 6:18 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/17/2006 6:06 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 5:58 PM

Quote:
Ammonium - 2/17/2006 5:50 PM

I chose not to link those photos because everyone in American deserves to see what is being done in our name. What is being done in my name to people I don't know overseas. For all the supporters, you find these images okay? You sleep better at night with these images?

I find everything going on in my name to be completely embarassing. The fact that there are some who think it is completely okay to strip a POW naked, cover them in their own filth, sexual assault them, and worse, sickens me. People like that should get cancer and die.


Everything the US does overseas embarasses you?
Aren't you embarassed?



Are you talking about removing a vile dictator responsible for the deaths of over a million people? No
And your answer to the Saddam problem was what again?
You still belive in the fairy tail that the US went over there to remove a dictator? Like you cared about those people before? Give me a REAL fucking break, shall we get real?

There are three reasons your ass is over there:
1. OIL
2. ISRAEL
3. Controlling the region as a base for future strikes on anyone you don't like.

Give me your reason again, I can't hear you??????


You're still not answering the question. How would you have dealt with Saddam?
How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...

They had sanctions and as long as the world community saw it fit then be it. Unfortuantly Saddam benefited from those sanctions while his people starved. Where was your compassion then? What would you have done about it?

The only time I thought the US had a ligitimate reason to topple him is when they fought him in the first Gulf War. That in my opinion would have been acceptable because he would have been deposed off while the US was performing a counter attack defending Kuwait. At that time you HAD Arab support, no doubt about it... There was no reasons to make up lies or bushit reasons...
Shabah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:05 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
Ammonium - 2/17/2006 7:05 PM

Did Saddam round up all of the Kurds and systematically murder them? Did Saddam force the Kurds to flee to neighboring Turkey, Syria, and Iran? Saddam took out his political rivals, regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religion. Saddam killed jews, christians, and muslims.

I'm not arguing Saddam was a good guy, we all agree that he was bad, but that was not why we went to war with Iraq. And he certainly did not have a hand in 9/11.

You just stated you'd support a war on humanitarian grounds like the the stuff youre admitting Saddam did.

chiphomme is offline  
post #103 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 4:38 PM

I guess the POINT is what is blowing right by you.
Abu Graib was a tangent. A red herring. Get it?
The POINT was that Iraq wan't the defenseless nonhostile entity that someone brilliantly compared to Greenland.
You're right -- Greenland poses more of a threat by virtue of proximity. Were you actually living in daily fear of an attack upon your person by Iraq? Most of us weren't. Perhaps it was just foolish bravado on our part. Perhaps that fleet of nukular Iraqi subs is still buried in the desert somewhere...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #104 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
Shabah - 2/17/2006 7:24 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 6:41 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/17/2006 6:22 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 6:18 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/17/2006 6:06 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 5:58 PM

Quote:
Ammonium - 2/17/2006 5:50 PM

I chose not to link those photos because everyone in American deserves to see what is being done in our name. What is being done in my name to people I don't know overseas. For all the supporters, you find these images okay? You sleep better at night with these images?

I find everything going on in my name to be completely embarassing. The fact that there are some who think it is completely okay to strip a POW naked, cover them in their own filth, sexual assault them, and worse, sickens me. People like that should get cancer and die.


Everything the US does overseas embarasses you?
Aren't you embarassed?



Are you talking about removing a vile dictator responsible for the deaths of over a million people? No
And your answer to the Saddam problem was what again?
You still belive in the fairy tail that the US went over there to remove a dictator? Like you cared about those people before? Give me a REAL fucking break, shall we get real?

There are three reasons your ass is over there:
1. OIL
2. ISRAEL
3. Controlling the region as a base for future strikes on anyone you don't like.

Give me your reason again, I can't hear you??????


You're still not answering the question. How would you have dealt with Saddam?
How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...

They had sanctions and as long as the world community saw it fit then be it. Unfortuantly Saddam benefited from those sanctions while his people starved. Where was your compassion then? What would you have done about it?

The only time I thought the US had a ligitimate reason to topple him is when they fought him in the first Gulf War. That in my opinion would have been acceptable because he would have been deposed off while the US was performing a counter attack defending Kuwait. At that time you HAD Arab support, no doubt about it... There was no reasons to make up lies or bushit reasons...


that's a non answer answer.

Who's making up lies (note: there is a difference between lying and being mistaken)?
chiphomme is offline  
post #105 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
Shabah - 2/17/2006 5:24 PM

How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...
Right on the money. Give that man a cigar!

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #106 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/17/2006 8:07 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/17/2006 4:38 PM

I guess the POINT is what is blowing right by you.
Abu Graib was a tangent. A red herring. Get it?
The POINT was that Iraq wan't the defenseless nonhostile entity that someone brilliantly compared to Greenland.
You're right -- Greenland poses more of a threat by virtue of proximity. Were you actually living in daily fear of an attack upon your person by Iraq? Most of us weren't. Perhaps it was just foolish bravado on our part. Perhaps that fleet of nukular Iraqi subs is still buried in the desert somewhere...
Read Deulfer and get back to me.
chiphomme is offline  
post #107 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Posts: 978
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
Shabah - 2/18/2006 12:24 AM


How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...

They had sanctions and as long as the world community saw it fit then be it. Unfortuantly Saddam benefited from those sanctions while his people starved. Where was your compassion then? What would you have done about it?

The only time I thought the US had a ligitimate reason to topple him is when they fought him in the first Gulf War. That in my opinion would have been acceptable because he would have been deposed off while the US was performing a counter attack defending Kuwait. At that time you HAD Arab support, no doubt about it... There was no reasons to make up lies or bushit reasons...
Yes, yes, yes. One slight objection I have to this is that is doubtful if sanctions helped Saddam - could you elaborate?
jjl is offline  
post #108 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
jjl - 2/17/2006 8:16 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/18/2006 12:24 AM


How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...

They had sanctions and as long as the world community saw it fit then be it. Unfortuantly Saddam benefited from those sanctions while his people starved. Where was your compassion then? What would you have done about it?

The only time I thought the US had a ligitimate reason to topple him is when they fought him in the first Gulf War. That in my opinion would have been acceptable because he would have been deposed off while the US was performing a counter attack defending Kuwait. At that time you HAD Arab support, no doubt about it... There was no reasons to make up lies or bushit reasons...
Yes, yes, yes. One slight objection I have to this is that is doubtful if sanctions helped Saddam - could you elaborate?

Oil for food program definitely helped Saddam.
Sanctions in general hurt him. He was trying to bribe his way out and resume all his nasty WMD programs.



chiphomme is offline  
post #109 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Shabah's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Location: 19 05'40.0 N, 49 49'09 E
Posts: 2,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
jjl - 2/17/2006 8:16 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/18/2006 12:24 AM


How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...

They had sanctions and as long as the world community saw it fit then be it. Unfortuantly Saddam benefited from those sanctions while his people starved. Where was your compassion then? What would you have done about it?

The only time I thought the US had a ligitimate reason to topple him is when they fought him in the first Gulf War. That in my opinion would have been acceptable because he would have been deposed off while the US was performing a counter attack defending Kuwait. At that time you HAD Arab support, no doubt about it... There was no reasons to make up lies or bushit reasons...
Yes, yes, yes. One slight objection I have to this is that is doubtful if sanctions helped Saddam - could you elaborate?
The dude was pocketing fortunes from the oil for food program. He was making himself a hero by playing the Fidel Castro card...

How about his two thugs, his sons? Their parties were legendary, I have known people that have been in them, I tell you Caligula will have been put to shame...

Did you see his palaces? Most were built during the embargo and sanctions. He was not worried but he misscalculated that Bush was actually crazier than him.
Shabah is offline  
post #110 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Posts: 978
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: What do you think about the attacks of 9/11?

Quote:
Shabah - 2/18/2006 1:22 AM

Quote:
jjl - 2/17/2006 8:16 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 2/18/2006 12:24 AM


How would I have dealt with Saddam? was that your question? Do you think I am Mossad or some CIA sponsored infiltrator? Are you asking me personnaly what I would have done say if I had been face to face with him? NOTHING; I am not a criminal. It's up to his people to judge him, hang him or keep him. It's not YOUR call; it's not MY call and it sure ain't Bush's call...

They had sanctions and as long as the world community saw it fit then be it. Unfortuantly Saddam benefited from those sanctions while his people starved. Where was your compassion then? What would you have done about it?

The only time I thought the US had a ligitimate reason to topple him is when they fought him in the first Gulf War. That in my opinion would have been acceptable because he would have been deposed off while the US was performing a counter attack defending Kuwait. At that time you HAD Arab support, no doubt about it... There was no reasons to make up lies or bushit reasons...
Yes, yes, yes. One slight objection I have to this is that is doubtful if sanctions helped Saddam - could you elaborate?
The dude was pocketing fortunes from the oil for food program. He was making himself a hero by playing the Fidel Castro card...

How about his two thugs, his sons? Their parties were legendary, I have known people that have been in them, I tell you Caligula will have been put to shame...

Did you see his palaces? Most were built during the embargo and sanctions. He was not worried but he misscalculated that Bush was actually crazier than him.
The world is a crazy place (I read that on the back of a matchbox). His sons, yes, no loss there. And the palaces - what is that all that about, is it a small dick thing?

But joking aside, it is all too evident that Bush made an even bigger miscalculation, IMO. That miscalculation was a failure to understand the cultures of those liberated from Saddam, and the naive expectation that a simple 'head count' version of democracy (Democracy Lite) would be sufficient to keep mullahs out of power and smooth over sectarian divisions; at this point a civil war seems inevitable once the occupying forces leave. Who has gained anything? What a tragedy, whether a war for oil, 'WMD', or on simple, primitive despotism.
jjl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome