Will there be a regime change in 2008? - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Will there be a regime change in 2008?

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/11/2006 5:06 PM

This just show the extent of your BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome). Joe Wilson flat out lied. Get it? The Senate called him out. Get it again?

"So, to sum up: the Senate Intelligence Committee's report shows that: 1) Wilson lied in the New York Times about what he told the CIA after he returned from Niger. In fact, far from debunking the concern that Iraq may have tried to buy uranium from Niger, Wilson reported that Niger's former Prime Minister told him that Iraq had made just such an overture in 1999. 2) Wilson lied when he leaked a report to the Washington Post about documents he had not even seen. 3) Wilson lied when he said that his wife Valerie "had nothing to do with" his being chosen to go to Niger.

In the face of this evidence, which is evident to anyone who takes the trouble to read the Committee's report, Rosenkrantz and Roberts blithely assert that Wilson's assertions about Africa and uranium "have held up in the face of attacks," and that "the Senate panel conclusions didn't discredit Wilson." Having read the Senate Intelligence Committee's report with care, I can think of only two possible explanations: either Rosenkrantz and Roberts have not read the report, or they are trying to mislead their readers. In either case, this is a grotesque instance of journalistic malpractice. Sadly, however, it is not untypical of the quality of the liberal media's reporting on the Wilson/Plame affair."

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/011068.php#011068
Back to the point, was the leaking of this and other classified information self serving by the Bush regime or not?

We can debate the sides of the stories over and over, and misquote context to make whatever points you or I would like. Neither was there, so we are making arguments that are built on "facts" that amount to heresay. Politically spinning heresay.

I am not here to defend Wilson's actions in sealed rooms with various Senators because I have no idea what he said. However, I have yet to see a CIA report or statement that Valerie Plame's authority extended to selecting her husband for the job. Without a statement describing the selection process (like who was considered and why he was picked) this is just you carping about some alleged unsavory influence that has not been established by anyone, with the sole purpose of discrediting the report Wilson made. Which you then say supported the President's State of the Union claims.

In any case the WMD story and all its "tributaries" have been established to be junk. Why start acting like the last three years have not already gone by? The question was, is the leaking self serving or not? It is. Or do you think it isn't? If you think the leaks are beneficial to the United States of America as a whole, explain. Then carp on about Plame's role in the CIA that the CIA does not agree with you on, and her husband. I don't care. Neither of them are the President, the Vice President or another arm of the regime. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/11/2006 5:24 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 2/11/2006 5:06 PM

This just show the extent of your BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome). Joe Wilson flat out lied. Get it? The Senate called him out. Get it again?

"So, to sum up: the Senate Intelligence Committee's report shows that: 1) Wilson lied in the New York Times about what he told the CIA after he returned from Niger. In fact, far from debunking the concern that Iraq may have tried to buy uranium from Niger, Wilson reported that Niger's former Prime Minister told him that Iraq had made just such an overture in 1999. 2) Wilson lied when he leaked a report to the Washington Post about documents he had not even seen. 3) Wilson lied when he said that his wife Valerie "had nothing to do with" his being chosen to go to Niger.

In the face of this evidence, which is evident to anyone who takes the trouble to read the Committee's report, Rosenkrantz and Roberts blithely assert that Wilson's assertions about Africa and uranium "have held up in the face of attacks," and that "the Senate panel conclusions didn't discredit Wilson." Having read the Senate Intelligence Committee's report with care, I can think of only two possible explanations: either Rosenkrantz and Roberts have not read the report, or they are trying to mislead their readers. In either case, this is a grotesque instance of journalistic malpractice. Sadly, however, it is not untypical of the quality of the liberal media's reporting on the Wilson/Plame affair."

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/011068.php#011068
Back to the point, was the leaking of this and other classified information self serving by the Bush regime or not?

We can debate the sides of the stories over and over, and misquote context to make whatever points you or I would like. Neither was there, so we are making arguments that are built on "facts" that amount to heresay. Politically spinning heresay.

I am not here to defend Wilson's actions in sealed rooms with various Senators because I have no idea what he said. However, I have yet to see a CIA report or statement that Valerie Plame's authority extended to selecting her husband for the job. Without a statement describing the selection process (like who was considered and why he was picked) this is just you carping about some alleged unsavory influence that has not been established by anyone, with the sole purpose of discrediting the report Wilson made. Which you then say supported the President's State of the Union claims.

In any case the WMD story and all its "tributaries" have been established to be junk. Why start acting like the last three years have not already gone by? The question was, is the leaking self serving or not? It is. Or do you think it isn't? If you think the leaks are beneficial to the United States of America as a whole, explain. Then carp on about Plame's role in the CIA that the CIA does not agree with you on, and her husband. I don't care. Neither of them are the President, the Vice President or another arm of the regime. Jim

Funny now you're arguing about whether it was "self serving" or not. As I have stated it's a funny thing called "politics". Joe Wilson (and Valarie Plame) lied about the uranium for political gain and the Bush adminstration countered. Get it?
Where is the treason charge again?

post #63 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

As I thought, when a Republican President and his regime engage in compromising National Security by leaking classified information it is called "politics" or even "hardball politics" by their supporters. Nothing treasonous about breaching National Security for them. All I know is my clearance makes it damn clear there is no "politics" loophole. Jim
post #64 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/11/2006 5:56 PM

As I thought, when a Republican President and his regime engage in compromising National Security by leaking classified information it is called "politics" or even "hardball politics" by their supporters. Nothing treasonous about breaching National Security for them. All I know is my clearance makes it damn clear there is no "politics" loophole. Jim
You're not even debating you're just creating straw men. Are you referring to the Plame/Wilson?

post #65 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

That is what gave Libby his singing voice isn't it?
post #66 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/11/2006 6:40 PM

That is what gave Libby his singing voice isn't it?

Are you referring to this?

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/013098.php

post #67 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:57 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

[QUOTE]JimSmith - 2/11/2006 1:23 PM
That was the point here, the "moral values" arguments just don't seem to apply to lying and leaking classified information when it is done by a conservative's elected official.

Was any body charged?

they entrapped him into lying about a blow job

What trap did they use to get him to lie under oath? That was the crime

Just look at the way you have reacted to Tom Delay's situation. You were all relieved and reinvigorated by the dropping of charges, not because he was "not guilty" but because his lawyer pointed out the law he was accused of breaking was put into effect after he did the deed.

Who's so stupid as to charge some one, when there was never a law against it?

Why is it that leaking existence of the illegal wiretapping, which is roundly being viewed as illegal by anyone outside the inner circle of the Bush regime's advisors,
Are you saying this is domestic wire taps?
post #68 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

No, I am referring to why Scooter is talking to Fitzy at all. If your version was the correct one, why would Libby be singing any tunes to Fitz?
post #69 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/11/2006 6:58 PM

No, I am referring to why Scooter is talking to Fitzy at all. If your version was the correct one, why would Libby be singing any tunes to Fitz?

It's called a Grand Jury investigation.
Libby is being tried for lying not leaking.
If this is all Fitzgerald can get to stick its pretty weak.

post #70 of 147 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 05:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Libby was indicted. The documents are public. Invest a few minutes, google it, and read. The time of his disclosures of classified information predates your cited reference's claim of declassifying them. The indictment is for lying, among other items, and makes it clear the investigation is still underway. Libby is singing and the song is not good for the present regime. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in