LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 04-E320 (benz #7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to zaphodsplanet
RE: Mexico now handing out maps to illegals.

Quote:
peter811 - 1/26/2006 10:16 AM

I think we need to figure out someway to regulate who comes accross our border. I believe we also need to change our laws so our city cops can arrest imigrants.
And we should have more restrictions on who we give out drivers licenses to. If and imigrant goes to the DMV(DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES) and they can't speak any english and don't have proof that they are a united states citizen then they should be arrested.

My great grand mother left Poland just before it got taken over by the Nazi's during WW2(she was Jewish)and she new if they found her they would kill her. So she got on a boat and came to New York. Then shortly after she found work, and she started going to school to Learn English and she became a U.S. citizen.

Our times have changed and our laws need to change with them.

I couldn't agree with you more Peter..... and look what your grandmother did.... she understood she needed to learn english to thrive here and she did. Awesome for her and I'm glad she made it here. I think it's BS that our tax dollars here in TX are going towards making sure that everything out there also comes in Spanish. I've met people from all around the world that have come here to the US to work. They work hard too... they came in legally.... and guess what... They all learned to speak english. If I was moving to Mexico I'd learn Spanish as fast as I could. If I moved to Japan I'd learn Japanese. Ug... I could go on and on...LOL.

Suffice to say.... I find your point of view most refreshing... have a Great Day!

Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: SLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to slktyperice

Quote:
zaphodsplanet - 1/26/2006 8:39 AM

Quote:
Kajtek1 - 1/26/2006 10:11 AM

http://www.heritage.org/research/fea...xoffreedom.cfm Was able to find 2006 report.
US still on 11-th, what is a good sign. We are not dropping comparing to countries like Estonia and Chile.
Understanding and interpreting the statistics can be another topic, but it still makes ME thinking what wrong went with this country.
I am sure it wasn't small business. Lot of it in CA depends on Mexican workers and haven't seen anybody checking the visas.
Hey.... you've been in Cali for too long. Quit believing this is such a horrible country? Or that something is WRONG with the USA.

I'm sure you're right about the Visa Checking.... and the farmers will do it for as long as they can... Sure they're paying way under min wage.

But I have to say this. QUIT BUYING INTO THE LIBERAL BULL SHIT THAT THIS COUNTRY IS A BAD PLACE. THAT WE ARE GOING DOWN HILL. OR THAT WE ARE BAD PEOPLE.

BECAUSE

WE AREN'T.

Z
The flow of illegal Mexicans has certainly helped keep down the costs of labor which translates lower prices in goods and services, at least in California. However, the uncontrolled flow of illegal immigrants from Mexico has created quite the socioeconomic problem here in LA and less so in areas north of LA. We have California being the only state which Whites are a minority, which honestly I think is a problem. (Before you go saying I'm racist, I'm Asian) Basically LA has become just like Mexico, but only with a couple cities that house other minority (read: White, Black, Asian, other) communities. While the older generation (35+) Mexicans are hardworking, they breed like rabbits and collect welfare like theres no tomorrow since they have 5-12 offspring per family on average (yes it's probably an exaggeration, but you know what I mean). What this means is that taxpayers like me have to pay for some Mexicans to sit on their ass, collect welfare, eat burritos and tacos using my money, and go around terrorizing LA like they own the place. On top of that, since the younger lemmings are not doing anything, they go around robbing people and committing crimes. At some point the Mexican population in California will reach a critical mass and something bad will happen. And don't get me wrong, the welfare problem applies to other minorities too, but since Mexicans multiply 3-4 times as fast as other minorities, the problem is exponentially exacerbating. I wish Mexico was an island so at least it wouldn't be as easy for them to come into the US (read: Cuba).
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
slktyperice - 1/26/2006 12:24 PM

(Before you go saying I'm racist, I'm Asian)
Never heard that one before...

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: '86 190E 2.3L

Quote:
Marsden - 1/26/2006 6:58 PM

Quote:

Neither have I...gave me a good laugh though.

If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
1986 190E 2.3L 135,000mi
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Syracuse315 - 1/26/2006 10:49 PM

Quote:
Marsden - 1/26/2006 6:58 PM

Quote:

Neither have I...gave me a good laugh though.
DAMN! I was gonna go say you were racist then I noticed that you were incapable of racism, being Asian and all........curses.

post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)

Quote:
peter811 - 1/26/2006 8:16 AM

I think we need to figure out someway to regulate who comes accross our border. I believe we also need to change our laws so our city cops can arrest immigrants.
I wonder why the idea about working hard and smart, so uneducated Mexicans, with no knowledge of language, system, materials and lot of others stuff wouldn't beat us with simple drive for earning money never entered your head?
I my service business there is lot of Mexican competitors. I encourage my costumers to hire competition occasionally, just so they can see how it works. I am not perfect in everything I am doing, but I fear no competition. [:D]

BTW peter. You talk about your grandma learning English, so what is your excuse?
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)

Quote:
zaphodsplanet - 1/26/2006 8:39 AM

Hey.... you've been in Cali for too long. Quit believing this is such a horrible country? Or that something is WRONG with the USA.

I'm sure you're right about the Visa Checking.... and the farmers will do it for as long as they can... Sure they're paying way under min wage.

But I have to say this. QUIT BUYING INTO THE LIBERAL BULL SHIT THAT THIS COUNTRY IS A BAD PLACE. THAT WE ARE GOING DOWN HILL. OR THAT WE ARE BAD PEOPLE.

BECAUSE

WE AREN'T.

Z
Don't put words in my mouth, that I have never say.
I choose to live in California and I known what I am doing. Before I come here, I've been living in 2 other countries and visited tens on several continents.
There are better places geographically and there are better places socially, but there is no better place geographically AND socially-wise.
If you don't understand the statistics, the problems I see here now is, that after having our grandparents working hard (and smart) new generations are rather thinking "easy money" and American dream become suing somebody for few millions because "coffee was too hot".
It is not much drop in economic freedoms, what put us on 11-th place. It is sitting on our hands, when others work.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
peter811 - 1/26/2006 11:16 AM

I think we need to figure out someway to regulate who comes accross our border. I believe we also need to change our laws so our city cops can arrest imigrants.
And we should have more restrictions on who we give out drivers licenses to. If and imigrant goes to the DMV(DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES) and they can't speak any english and don't have proof that they are a united states citizen then they should be arrested.

My great grand mother left Poland just before it got taken over by the Nazi's during WW2(she was Jewish)and she new if they found her they would kill her. So she got on a boat and came to New York. Then shortly after she found work, and she started going to school to Learn English and she became a U.S. citizen.

Our times have changed and our laws need to change with them.

It is not that local cops can't arrest illegals. It is that in many communities they don't want to be bothered. Or you live in a place like CA where they have passed laws making it illegal to arrest someone for being here illegally or even inquire about their status or require proof of citizenship.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: ML430
Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to ttaleric

i like the ESPN idea...

1996 C220 SOLD
1999 ML430 SOLD
09 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE SOLD
12 F150 4x4 FX4
12 Ducati Streetfighter (street)
07 Yamaha R6 (track)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in