Interesting Facts About Israel - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
Marsden - 1/23/2006 12:10 AM

Quote:
Shane - 1/22/2006 11:58 PM

Fundamentalism is the infinite yellow brick road to rageville.
Primitive religious tribalism is responsible for much of the hatred and violence in the world today. Zionists in particular have proven all too happy to sacrifice the health, wealth, and safety of the United States in support of their narrow tribalist agenda. It's ironic at best that the U.S. would support something so antithetical to its own purported principles. This is where media collusion comes in. And it's why the tribalists are so terrified of the free exchange of information on the Internet. Because that free exchange carries with it the possibility that Americans will finally learn what's actually going on in the world outside their borders.

We support them because their geographic location is a dagger at the throat of the Arabs.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 02:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
430 - 1/23/2006 8:05 AM

Quote:
Marsden - 1/23/2006 12:28 AM

Quote:
GMISBEST. - 1/23/2006 12:17 AM

Remember this, Israel always looks out for the interest of the US first. It never did otherwise.
Just one of countless examples to the contrary:
----------------------------------------------------

Chinese F-8s carried Israeli missiles

By CNN National Security Producer Chris Plante

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Chinese fighter jets sent to intercept recent U.S. reconnaissance flights near China have been carrying air-to-air missiles sold to China by Israel, much to the annoyance of some U.S. defense officials.

The Chinese F-8 fighters captured on videotapes released by the Pentagon are carrying Israeli made Python III air-to-air missiles capable of blasting a plane out of the sky with the squeeze of a finger, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

"Generally speaking, we are not in favor of such capable weapons systems being proliferated to a variety of nations around the world," Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. Craig Quigley told reporters Tuesday.

"That's a good missile, and its capabilities are considerable," Quigley said.

A senior defense official familiar with arms agreements between the United States and Israel said "there has not been any violation here," perhaps in part because the sale of the missiles was made in the late 1970s, he said.

The official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named, said "We don't particularly like going up against hardware made by Israel."

"Here we are bending over backward to give Israel a qualitative edge and they are selling hardware to our adversaries," the somewhat exasperated defense official said.

Referring to the April 1 incident involving a collision between a Chinese fighter jet and a U.S. Navy EP-3 surveillance plane, the Defense Department official said that the decades-old Israeli missiles "would have worked just fine" had the second Chinese fighter been given the order to shoot down the U.S. plane with its crew of 24.

Though the sale of the missiles was years ago, the United States was not made aware of Israel's plans to sell the missiles to China until after the sale was complete, according to the Pentagon.

Quigley said that "..the government of Israel informed the government of the United States that they had sold the Python missile to the Chinese after the sale had been done."

Israel had agreed last year to sell China a technologically advanced airborne early warning radar system similar the U.S. AWACS aircraft.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 17, 2001
Web posted at: 8:03 PM EDT (0003 GMT)
Isreal is a much needed allay in the middle east. They are the only democracy and share most of the values the the US has.

On the other hand Isreal (like any country) looks out for their interests first. If their defence industry can make money selling arms they will (at least to most countries). While not a transfer of technology from Isreal. The US has sold weapons to countries that Isreal is concerned about.
"Isreal"? BONEHEADDOCTOR! BUSTED!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
azimuth's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
kvining - 1/23/2006 4:16 PM



"Isreal"? BONEHEADDOCTOR! BUSTED!
Busted on a spelling error!

aborted Shop Forum member

azimuth is offline  
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
azimuth's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
kvining - 1/23/2006 4:14 PM


We support them because their geographic location is a dagger at the throat of the Arabs.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?

aborted Shop Forum member

azimuth is offline  
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Posts: 978
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Azimuth, that is an impossible question.

Another tuppence worth: one event, often forgotten, perhaps because of the prominence of Arab grievances following the establishment of Israel in 1948, is that the latter prompted widespread persecution of Jews in Arab lands, where they were typically discriminated against (Dhimmi status). This drove massive emigration (c. 800,000) to Israel.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_Arab_lands


Caveat: Yes, I know Wikipedia is not really the best source (as you know, it can be edited by any nut with an axe to grind).
jjl is offline  
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
Marsden - 1/23/2006 12:28 AM

Quote:
GMISBEST. - 1/23/2006 12:17 AM

Remember this, Israel always looks out for the interest of the US first. It never did otherwise.
Just one of countless examples to the contrary:
----------------------------------------------------

Chinese F-8s carried Israeli missiles

By CNN National Security Producer Chris Plante

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Chinese fighter jets sent to intercept recent U.S. reconnaissance flights near China have been carrying air-to-air missiles sold to China by Israel, much to the annoyance of some U.S. defense officials.

The Chinese F-8 fighters captured on videotapes released by the Pentagon are carrying Israeli made Python III air-to-air missiles capable of blasting a plane out of the sky with the squeeze of a finger, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

"Generally speaking, we are not in favor of such capable weapons systems being proliferated to a variety of nations around the world," Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. Craig Quigley told reporters Tuesday.

"That's a good missile, and its capabilities are considerable," Quigley said.

A senior defense official familiar with arms agreements between the United States and Israel said "there has not been any violation here," perhaps in part because the sale of the missiles was made in the late 1970s, he said.

The official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named, said "We don't particularly like going up against hardware made by Israel."

"Here we are bending over backward to give Israel a qualitative edge and they are selling hardware to our adversaries," the somewhat exasperated defense official said.

Referring to the April 1 incident involving a collision between a Chinese fighter jet and a U.S. Navy EP-3 surveillance plane, the Defense Department official said that the decades-old Israeli missiles "would have worked just fine" had the second Chinese fighter been given the order to shoot down the U.S. plane with its crew of 24.

Though the sale of the missiles was years ago, the United States was not made aware of Israel's plans to sell the missiles to China until after the sale was complete, according to the Pentagon.

Quigley said that "..the government of Israel informed the government of the United States that they had sold the Python missile to the Chinese after the sale had been done."

Israel had agreed last year to sell China a technologically advanced airborne early warning radar system similar the U.S. AWACS aircraft.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 17, 2001
Web posted at: 8:03 PM EDT (0003 GMT)
Feel the love!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
30-98's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Many
Location: Halesite L.I.N.Y.
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
Marsden - 1/23/2006 12:10 AM

Quote:
Shane - 1/22/2006 11:58 PM

Fundamentalism is the infinite yellow brick road to rageville.
Primitive religious tribalism is responsible for much of the hatred and violence in the world today. Zionists in particular have proven all too happy to sacrifice the health, wealth, and safety of the United States in support of their narrow tribalist agenda. It's ironic at best that the U.S. would support something so antithetical to its own purported principles. This is where media collusion comes in. And it's why the tribalists are so terrified of the free exchange of information on the Internet. Because that free exchange carries with it the possibility that Americans will finally learn what's actually going on in the world outside their borders.

And precisely WHAT,pray is amiss with primitive tribadism?
I,for one am quite in awe of tribadists,the more primitive the better!
30-98 is offline  
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
azimuth - 1/23/2006 6:20 PM

Quote:
kvining - 1/23/2006 4:14 PM


We support them because their geographic location is a dagger at the throat of the Arabs.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?
Oh, I'm a big supporter of the Israelis, always have been. Most people don't realize it, but the Zionists who preceded the Israelis actually bought most of the land that makes up Israel, and the rest of it was unclaimed desert. Add to that their historical claims and its establishment by UN consent, one must consider them a legimate state. As far as the so-called "occupied territories" goes, the Palestinians, under Arafat, blew every chance to have a peaceful settlement that would have resulted in them getting their land back - continually resorting to murder of innocents and pointless terrorism when peaceful compromise could have worked to the point that I could careless if the bastards ever get it back. I wrote off what little sympathy I had for them back in the Clinton years, when Arafat turned down the return of 99% of the occuppied lands because he couldn't get the 1% the Temple Mount sat on, and then he made it worse by unleashing a wave of bus bombings.

The actual real bitch the Arabs have is religious - the Koran says that once a land becomes a Muslim land, it cannot become unMuslim, and this is exactly what the Jews did - made it unMuslim. Add to that the capture of the Temple Mount in the Three Day War in '66, and you can see why the conflict is intractable. Just another case where the real problem is religious fundamentalism.

But as far as being their ally, as a nation, we have a responsibilty to see to our own defense, and when friendly nations with democratic governments that reflect the will of their people invite us to be their allies, we should always oblige, especially in situations that enhance the national defense.


Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Quote:
azimuth - 1/23/2006 6:20 PM

Quote:
kvining - 1/23/2006 4:14 PM


We support them because their geographic location is a dagger at the throat of the Arabs.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?
Oh, I'm a big supporter of the Israelis, always have been. Most people don't realize it, but the Zionists who preceded the Israelis actually bought most of the land that makes up Israel, and the rest of it was unclaimed desert. Add to that their historical claims and its establishment by UN consent, one must consider them a legimate state. As far as the so-called "occupied territories" goes, the Palestinians, under Arafat, blew every chance to have a peaceful settlement that would have resulted in them getting their land back - continually resorting to murder of innocents and pointless terrorism when peaceful compromise could have worked to the point that I could careless if the bastards ever get it back. I wrote off what little sympathy I had for them back in the Clinton years, when Arafat turned down the return of 99% of the occuppied lands because he couldn't get the 1% the Temple Mount sat on, and then he made it worse by unleashing a wave of bus bombings.

The actual real bitch the Arabs have is religious - the Koran says that once a land becomes a Muslim land, it cannot become unMuslim, and this is exactly what the Jews did - made it unMuslim. Add to that the capture of the Temple Mount in the Three Day War in '66, and you can see why the conflict is intractable. Just another case where the real problem is religious fundamentalism.

But as far as being their ally, as a nation, we have a responsibilty to see to our own defense, and when friendly nations with democratic governments that reflect the will of their people invite us to be their allies, we should always oblige, especially in situations that enhance the national defense.


Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Interesting Facts About Israel

Ed Zachary.

B
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome