LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 06:22 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2000 ml320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: OT : Should I have kids?

I can only echo what all have said above. I have a 6 and 3 yr olds. One of each. Let me put your mind at rest. Logic and common sense says drinking and smoking pot in large quantities is not good for you. People still do it. They just can't get enough of it. Kids are the same, you know you have to sacrifice a lot but its worth it. Me personally would swap a supercharger for a child anyday. One other thing nobody has mentioned. After they get to a certain age you will feel like killing them at least once a day but you still won't swap them for 10 superchargers.

Converted to dual fuel. LPG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 06:30 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1999 ML320

Quote:
Jay P - 1/19/2006 7:22 AM

One other thing nobody has mentioned. After they get to a certain age you will feel like killing them at least once a day but you still won't swap them for 10 superchargers.
So very true.
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
bocobod - 1/18/2006 10:30 PM

Thanks all! I do really enjoy hanging out with my nephews and nieces. I guess it would be cool to have a few rug rats of my own., even if in 14 years they become like Asianml and spend all their time on Benzworld! [:D] j/k! I'd be lucky if they turned out like like him! [:)]
I'll take that as a compliment.

My computer went crazy and deleted that one post I had here;
If you raise them well, send them off to a good college, and they have good careers, think of the benefits you'll get once you retire![:p]

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2002 C240 FORMER: 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2001 ML320, 1984 300TD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)

Quote:
Jay P - 1/19/2006 7:22 AM

Me personally would swap a supercharger for a child anyday.
OK, where do you want to meet to make the swap? We are having problems with our daughter and I’d gladly swap her for a supercharger! She’s grown with a husband and child of her own, but she they are going to have to move back home because they aren’t making it in Atlanta. We have the “empty nester� house so it’s going to be quite crowded until they get back on their feet. I’ll be losing my office and we have to add on to the driveway to have room for more cars. Luckily, they won't be moving for a few months so we have some time to get things ready. Ugh!

--

- RODNEY

So you want to send me a private message? Please read this first:

http://benzbits.com/rudeney.htm
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Maybe you are being presumptuous-what if you are a jaffa?[:0]

post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:17 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005

It is just a matter of time till she says,Honey I have been thinking.You also need someone to care for you when you get old

1962 300SL roadster
2003 ML500
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 1990 300E, 2002 ML500

Since I'm 17, can I hold you guys to your words, if I have a kid can you trade it to me for a Kleeman Kompressor for a 2002 ML500?
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:21 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
bocobod - 1/18/2006 7:24 PM

So...my wife - who has always been a career woman (makes more momey than I do) - has started talking scary. In the past her position has always been that she doesn't have the time and energy for motherhood and always thought babies were loud, dirty little money pits.

Now she's always cuddling every baby she can get her hands on and wondering out loud if she would make a good mother. She hasn't explicitly come out and said she's changed her mind and wants children, but I think it's only a matter of time. [:0]

Now to be honest, I'm not sure if I can handle fatherhood. I know some people say that once they first see their baby, their life changes and suddenly has meaning. I'm thinking of the sleepless nights, the day care, the teenage years, college tuitions...NO MORE SUPERCHARGERS!

I guess I'm being shallow. Someone out there please give me a pep talk about how great parenthood is so I can do something more than break out into hives when my wife brings up the subject officially.
No, you are not being shallow at all. Unlike most people you are actually thinking and planning instead of just leaping.

My opinion is be sure it is something you really want. It is not like you can just take it back to the store.

They are loud, expensive, dirty, and will turn your life upsdie down. No more just taking off on vacation, nice dinners out will become a thing of the past at least for awhile (or will take lots of planning), no more just you and the wife running out someplace you now have to haul tons of crap with you, very little room for sponteinaity. I can go on and on. Just remember it is a life changing event.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
430 - 1/19/2006 6:27 PM

No, you are not being shallow at all. Unlike most people you are actually thinking and planning instead of just leaping.

My opinion is be sure it is something you really want. It is not like you can just take it back to the store.

They are loud, expensive, dirty, and will turn your life upsdie down. No more just taking off on vacation, nice dinners out will become a thing of the past at least for awhile (or will take lots of planning), no more just you and the wife running out someplace you now have to haul tons of crap with you, very little room for sponteinaity. I can go on and on. Just remember it is a life changing event.
Totally agree with what 430 just said. Most people who have children should NOT. Just make sure you're in the other group before you do. Good luck whichever way it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in