For me, if i were to trade-in my G500, then i would seriously consider the 2007 Jeep Rubicon. Just a few things:
- 32" BFG M/T standard
- 4:1 transfer case...crawl ratio is 73:1 for 6-speed manual tranny! Yes, 73:1!
- Front & rear electric lockers
- Front axle Disconnect (like PowerWagon) = RTI 832!!
- ESP...stability control for on-road safety with full OFF capability when off-roading (I am a BIG fan of ESP as you may know)[:p]
- ABS with Brake Assist that is tune for off-roading...will allow wheel lock when braking on loose terrain
- Stronger Dana 44 (gears are larger, the pinion is larger and the shafts are now 32 spline instead of 30 spline) & 100% stronger frame than before
- Standard rock sliders...along with skidplates
- Side airbags available
- Approach/departure angles = 44/40
- More room inside...more cargo space (double size)
- Warn Winch is available!
- Coolest hardtop EVER!
The new Rubicon will literally blow away everything else in it's class in off-roading (Hummer H3, Toyota FJ Cruiser).
BTW, Kerr...if you want something more refine and roomier, then consider the new Toyota FJ Cruiser or even the Hummer H3.