post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:08 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '09 B200, '05 Smart
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: Mysterious indeed, are the ways of The Lord

((puts on flame retardant underwear))

No wonder US politics is so nasty - just look at here !!! and no one here is even on the ticket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:19 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ammonium

Quote:
DARKTECH - 1/11/2006 2:59 PM

Deamcrat or republican ,they are all on the take.
If you think democraps are so honest,just name one that has never taken any money or favors for influence.I never said republicans were honest Iam just saying you act as if democraps are sweet little angels that can do no wrong.You must live in fairy world.
Are you sure you want to take the "they did it too stance"? It does not excuse your party from wrong doing. In fact, you're affirming your party's wrong doing by saying "they do it too so it's alright if we do it". Moral high ground in deed.

Again, republican scandle. No democrats under investigation of indictment.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:21 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
RockSolid - 1/11/2006 2:14 PM

Must be tuff sledding being a Democrat these days.
Once Alito gets on the court, Democrat's attempts to change our country through the courts, rather than the ballot box, will be over.

Democrat, there's always Canada or Sweden: you egg sucking dog.

It would be interesting if all dissenters of this administration just up and left the country. The red staters would have their dreams fulfilled. Mandatory church on Sundays and Wednesday night, christian madrassas, and they could finally nuke them arabs.

What is it that you want that you think the Democrats are preventing you from having?
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 02:36 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005

Quote:
Ammonium - 1/11/2006 3:19 PM

Quote:

If you think democraps are so honest,just name one that has never taken any money or favors for influence.I never said republicans were honest Iam just saying you act as if democraps are sweet little angels that can do no wrong.You must live in fairy world.
Are you sure you want to take the "they did it too stance"? It does not excuse your party from wrong doing. In fact, you're affirming your party's wrong doing by saying "they do it too so it's alright if we do it". Moral high ground in deed.

Why don't you show me where I said I approved of what they did.Anyone convicted should be tossed in the slammer.All I said was both parties should be investigated top to bottom by a non partisan team of investigators.Most people here just go after the repugs. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10451500/
The top Democrat on the Senate committee investigating Jack Abramoff’s Indian
lobbying is returning $67000 in donations he collected.Everyone in washington needs to be investigated. Just do your own reasearch.Both parties have their share of crooks.
Nothing changes someones morals like a sack full of cash.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
That Guy - 1/11/2006 3:21 PM

Quote:
RockSolid - 1/11/2006 2:14 PM

Must be tuff sledding being a Democrat these days.
Once Alito gets on the court, Democrat's attempts to change our country through the courts, rather than the ballot box, will be over.

Democrat, there's always Canada or Sweden: you egg sucking dog.

It would be interesting if all dissenters of this administration just up and left the country. The red staters would have their dreams fulfilled. Mandatory church on Sundays and Wednesday night, christian madrassas, and they could finally nuke them arabs.

What is it that you want that you think the Democrats are preventing you from having?
Your statement is so simplistic that I am having an issue on the best response.

First don't try and make the red-states into mono-issue voting blocks. Despite the view you are expressing politics are much more complicated and a single issue. Did you ever think maybe the shitty ass candidate put forth by the Democrats were a significant cause of the failure to win the White House?

"What is it that you want that you think the Democrats are preventing you from having?" Such an open ended question. There are so many answers unfortunatly many of them are not answered by this administration.

What do I want the democrats won't deliver?

1) Less Taxes
2) Smaller Gov't
3) Privitzation of Social Security
4) Less Gov't regulation (part of #2)
5) The gov't out of health care

There are a number of others.

Of course I can answer the question from the other perspective. What do I want that the Republicans won't deliver.

Basically I want a candidate that is Socially Liberal yet Fiscally conservative.

Anyone who thinks that both parties are not corrupt is either a fool or kidding themselves. Corruption in gov't needs to be vigoursly prosecuted wherever it is found.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
430 - 1/11/2006 4:34 PM

"What is it that you want that you think the Democrats are preventing you from having?" Such an open ended question. There are so many answers unfortunatly many of them are not answered by this administration.

1) Less Taxes
2) Smaller Gov't

Of course I can answer the question from the other perspective. What do I want that the Republicans won't deliver.

Basically I want a candidate that is Socially Liberal yet Fiscally conservative.

Anyone who thinks that both parties are not corrupt is either a fool or kidding themselves. Corruption in gov't needs to be vigoursly prosecuted wherever it is found.
BAAAHHAAAAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

baaahhaaaahahahhhhahahahahaha!

ehehehe.

whew.

So with all three branches under control, the repugs still cannot deliver on their goals. Pity. Still don't see how the minority has any sway. Who is really keeping these goals from you?

OBK #35

post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 03:50 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD

If you can strip away the party rhetoric, this could be an intersting topic.
How do you legally define and seperate "influence", from "free speech"?
My attempt:
If I find a politician who demonstrates a philosophy similar to my own, and I support him financially becasue he represents my views, that, in my mind is exercising my free speech rights and demonstrating how a representative government works.
If, on the other hand, I give money to a politician, IN ORDER TO CHANGE HIS VOTE, then that, again, in my view, is bribery, or influence peddaling, and wrong.
The trouble comes in how to differentiate between the two.
The Supreme Court has already determined that financial support of politicians is included as part of the first amendment, free spreech, protection.
I don't want to give up that Right. But I do want corrupt politicians out of office, and serving time in prison.
How do we do this?
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 06:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
old300D - 1/11/2006 6:48 PM

Quote:
430 - 1/11/2006 4:34 PM

1) Less Taxes
2) Smaller Gov't

baaahhaaaahahahhhhahahahahaha!

ehehehe.

whew.

So with all three branches under control, the repugs still cannot deliver on their goals. Pity. Still don't see how the minority has any sway. Who is really keeping these goals from you?
There are very few if any republicans left anymore. As far as who is keeping the goals from being met it is a multipart answer: 1) The goals of the party are not what they once were 2) they do not have the courage or commanility anymore to attempt to get them passed and 3) while they may have a majority they do not have absolute control and the Democrats can prevent things from happening. Of course they actually have to be submitted before they can be passed or stopped.

Politics in the US suck. Both parties are out to screw you. When voting it is a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils and very rarely actually voting for someone you like or agree with.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
DARKTECH - 1/11/2006 4:36 PM

Quote:
Ammonium - 1/11/2006 3:19 PM

Quote:

Why don't you show me where I said I approved of what they did.Anyone convicted should be tossed in the slammer.All I said was both parties should be investigated top to bottom by a non partisan team of investigators.Most people here just go after the repugs. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10451500/
The top Democrat on the Senate committee investigating Jack Abramoff’s Indian
lobbying is returning $67000 in donations he collected.Everyone in washington needs to be investigated. Just do your own reasearch.Both parties have their share of crooks.
Nothing changes someones morals like a sack full of cash.
Tell me how accepting a contribution from the guy makes him a "crook". Last I heard, crooks were determined by indictment and conviction. So far, that seems pretty much a GOP lock. Your whole party is murderous amd corrupt from top to bottom.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 07:49 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
430 - 1/11/2006 6:34 PM

Your statement is so simplistic that I am having an issue on the best response.

First don't try and make the red-states into mono-issue voting blocks. Despite the view you are expressing politics are much more complicated and a single issue. Did you ever think maybe the shitty ass candidate put forth by the Democrats were a significant cause of the failure to win the White House?

1) Less Taxes
2) Smaller Gov't

It was simplistic because I was replying to a someone who appeared to be a simpleton(RockSolid). Anyone who comes on here and urges what I interpret as almost half the nation (largely because I doubt his ability to distinguish a non-republican from a Democrat) to go to Canada & Sweden and then follows it up by calling them egg sucking dogs IS a simpleton. A simpleton that I am ashamed to share a country with. What are the odds that this guy has never left the USA? Anyhow, enough about Rock.

I also asked the question because his party (I'm assuming he's a repub) controls the government yet he still seems to have a sense of victimization by Democrats. I thought it odd.

I also want a candidate that's socially liberal and fiscally conservative so we see eye to eye on that! Understand though, that beig fiscally conservative doesn't necessarily mean cutting taxes. It means balancing the budget. Ideally, cutting spending would be the way to do it.
Curious why you want Social Security privatized???? To what end? What does it do for you/country? I have yet to hear a plan that makes sense and addresses the core issues of SS's problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in