post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:54 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Do youall like the Mark VIII?

Quote:
Shane - 1/4/2006 1:01 AM

Buy a crown victoria cop car that is not all used up. Make sure you get one with all the lights and sirens still attached. Then have fun.
If you buy one make sure you have your weenies and marshmellows ready... BOOM!!!
I don't like fords, never have.

http://www.tucsonfop.org/crown_vic_issues.htm

http://www.perryhaas.com/crownvictoria/crownvictoria.html

http://www.officerjason.com/gallery/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:12 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005

Quote:
Shane - 1/3/2006 10:53 PM

Having owned a LS400 and a SC400 to 70k miles plus 8 mercedes from a 280SL, 450 SLC, SL320(2), S430, CL500, ML320, and a SL500, I would say I can speak with a little experience on this subject. The lexus are more dependable and hold up beyond expectations. The mercedes feels more solidly made ,usually, but do not hold up quite as well. The mercedes generally drive to my liking better. I call it a draw. But mercedes builds many desirable cars, and lexus only has the LS430 to my mind. The SC430 is too ugly, the ES is ugly, and the RX is damn ugly. GS430 is tolerable. New IS is quite agreeable. Get over it. Both make very fine cars and insulting the other one is naive.
It was a DIRECT copy.

http://www.geocities.com/w126s/Classics1.htm

The basic shape and proportioning of LS400 were no doubt a direct copy of the Mercedes W 126 saloon, the leader of the world's best luxury saloons and a timeless design which the former was aiming at. The exterior of LS400 looked like a flushed W 126 with smoothened out surfaces from most angles. Over years the cloned shape had grown with time in people's eye. At least it had many got used to. In fact the LS400 (both UCF10 and UCF20 shape) started to look better and special, and few other Japanese saloons could match the LS400 for exterior design sophistication. Not even the new LS430. [8)][:0][:I]
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
(Thread Starter)

i could be wrong, but isnt the fire/explosion argument only apt when youre talking about a cop car being hit while on the shoulder of the interstate?

it was explained to me that because cops park almost in traffic(for cover from traffic) to give tickets, the cars get hit much more often than ours that are pulled all the way off the shoulder.

also-- as i say a great deal to all of my stupid, pantywaste "waa waa this brand is better" friends:

theyre all reliable, theyre all relativly safe, they all look the same and they all drive the same way. you can die in a very expensive mercedes(princess di--james dean(right?)) or you can die in a landyacht fomoco coupe. i had a cousin killed in the last real thunderbird... with the flippy lights. dont know what year, but he was run over in that low slung car by a chevy 4x4 with big giant wheels-crushed the ceiling and turned his poor car into a bigfoot truck ramp.

people tell me a great deal that i need a safer car because mine doesnt have airbags or ABS.

i tell them that theyd be nice, but i dont have them. what i do have are bumpers that can withstand a 20-30mph push from a panic-stopping car and only be crooked. boy, that camry needed a lot of plastic replaced.

a lot. [:D]

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Quote:
iNeon - 1/4/2006 10:15 AM

i could be wrong, but isnt the fire/explosion argument only apt when youre talking about a cop car being hit while on the shoulder of the interstate?
From what I read before it was like the Pinto. They could not take a hit in the back without blowing up. Eventually I *think* the problem was solved.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 08 CLS 550 Sport, '05 Z4, '65 Shelby Cobra 427SC

i had a Mark VIII. The air ride is very floaty, but it can be adjusted, however slightly with the ride height position sensors just behind the front caliper. There are several aftermarket companies making the replacement units, as well.
The car has a bunch of very smooth power, and the seats were greaat. Mine was gold with the saddle interior. I put some split-5 rims on. It looked pretty cool.
Be careful of overheating problems. The coolant system is a BITCH to vent, and a bubble will cause a temperature spike and those aluminum heads will warp. I had to shave mine.
You have kids? well, the doors are very long and getting the rugrats out of the back in a tight parking space will be a challenge. The seats move forward electrically like my CLK.
All in all, a great car. I traded it for a Linc LS-8, then to the CLK.

Oh, and I've seen two at the strip, totally hammered and tubbed out. They look superb and they run like hell! The fans love'em.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:20 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

The crown vics only erupt into flames when the holy living cowabunga crap is whaled into the rear. Usually around 60mph before the boom in the rear. That means the trunk is shoved into the rear seat. Most used cop cars already have the easy fix anyway. It is fun being a cop look alike. No one cuts you off, and everyone is always polite.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

One of our local DJ's has pointed out, and I believe very accurately, that the only people who drive Crown Victorias are bitter, old guy's, who could not afford a Cadillac.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Not old, just bitter![:D]
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:02 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 560 SEC,

Quote:
Lexus directly copied the Mercedes 86-91 126 with their piece of shit LS400. If you can't come up with something original, copy the best.

Ohh fuck, whatever. So what do you tossers with your heads stuck up your arses make of the latest S Class having design cues from the Mazda RX8 and BMW 7 Series? Copying the best?
I do know that if I had a choice of owning an early LS400 or W140, thinking with my head, it wouldn't be the Benz. Yes, that 'piece of shit Lexus' did have some teething problems, not nearly as bad as the 140 though. Ohh, and I don't find homos thinking they're pimp driving around in a Lexus, another reason to take it over the Benz. These days, when buying a 3 pointed star, thats the bullshit image that we are associated with, unfortunate for those who buy them for the love of the car not image (me)

Interesting that the LS400 was copied off the W126. I can see some common design features, but always thought the LS evolved from the Toyota Cressida.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
(Thread Starter)

see, when i look at that, all i see is 89 camry/carolla.

ive been hit almost exclusivly by that model car. except once it was an ltd, once it was another neon, once it was a corsica, once was a

wow, so now i feel like i should list my accidents.

age 14: i was told to back my sisters ford tempo out of the driveway. i cut it too sharply and nicked the corner of my aunts caddy.

age 16: rear ended by a geo in my first car, a taurus.

age 17(the good year):

2 months after getting the neon, i forgot to set the parking brake. it rolled into a tree.

the guy in the ltd got mad and hit me an the car

i rear-ended a corsica

on my way to graduation, i got hit by a toyota camry

while taking my friends volvo to service it for her, i got hit by a camry

i rear-ended a buick riviera

at 22:

i wasnt going fast enough on 20 going east and this nissan didnt think i was going fast enough. bump bump bump *ram* he REALLY wanted me out of his way!

on my way to school a newer neon thought he could beat me in a race--his lane enged and he tried to cut me off, did a 360 in front of me[:p]

at 25:

the day i bought my mercedes it ran out of fuel at 1/4 tank(ahh-- used cars) and i was rear ended by a camry who was going interstate speeds on the on ramp. there was no shoulder. i had a flashlight trying to direct traffic, but everyone just honked and waved. then 5 seconds later they would lock their brakes.

yes-- i had the flashers on, i called the police, after 20 minutes and an accident, i called 911. then 20 minutes later i called them again.

finally i called my sister and she arrived 5 minutes before the police did. she had a 20 minute drive, too....

boy its nice to be protected and served.

wow, so yeah-- that car(and the original lexus) kist makes me think about the toyota that gave them their repuatation. theyre not that good anymore.

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in