snips - 12/21/2005 3:33 AM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I was actually looking for something like this and I hope you'll be patient with my questions.
* When you say "I gladly sit out in the forest and just think about life while avoiding the conversations between my christian, athiest and muslim friends about who is going to hell", do you believe there's such a thing as Hell and Paradise and the Day of Judgement?
* When you say that belief in God gives hope and faith and that praying to God is a weakness and one is responible for one's destiny through actions and decisions, don't you think there are a lot of things that we have no control over and therefore our actions and decisions have limited (sometimes no) impact on? Example when an accident happens or a natural disaster hits. If I were at a tsunami-striken beach, I'll pray to Allah for help. What were you to do?
* When you say religion was invented by lords to opress the lower classes, why would the underclass accept this if it doesn't fulfill a need to them. To rephrase, religion was always there because Man needs it and God sent Messengers to Man. Then came times when some people twisted religion to opress the weak and take advantage of their need for belief.
* when you point to the crusades, and this applies to all acts of terrorism and opression, you say "someone always has to ruin a good thing". So, is 'strong belief in principles of life' a good thing? Like a nice car that someone uses to cause a drastic collision? The car is not to blame. You won't ban cars because of reckless drivers. Or ..?
* When you go out on your own to meditate, don't you think about where this whole world came from? Do you have any theories? Or such a thought just doesn't come to mind?
* As you're not good friends with Christianity, do you have curiousity about other philosophies/religions?
I'll appreciate your answers.