Were we lied into the Iraq War? - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Were we lied into the Iraq War?
Yes 2,631 99.28%
No 16 0.60%
Maybe 3 0.11%
Voters: 2650. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Were we lied into the Iraq War?

Quote:
chiphomme - 12/18/2005 6:56 PM

Complaining about eloquence and using vulgar hyperbole.
Get it?
I don't get it; you apparently surpass my humble low IQ so why don't you explain it in simple English… Remember them foreigners need to be taught a lesson you know… I am actually waiting for your President’s speech today so I can learn what truth is and maybe I will apply what I learned from him right here in the land of backwardness… So I implore you to be patient and point to me what a hyperbole is so I can use that too… You see I am trying to learn your democratic ways, is that a bad thing???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Shabah - 12/18/2005 7:01 PM

Quote:

Get it?
I don't get it; you apparently surpass my humble low IQ so why don't you explain it in simple English… Remember them foreigners need to be taught a lesson you know… I am actually waiting for your President’s speech today so I can learn what truth is and maybe I will apply what I learned from him right here in the land of backwardness… So I implore you to be patient and point to me what a hyperbole is so I can use that too… You see I am trying to learn your democratic ways, is that a bad thing???????

You were mocking the lack of eloquence yet you weren't being eloquent. Simple.
As far as the land of "backwardness". That's your call not mine.

post #43 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
chiphomme - 12/18/2005 7:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Get it?

Why do I need to be eloquent? Is the burden on me, the one that this is not his language or you the provider of peace and civilization to the world?
Could you stoop down and talk to me in my language or is that too hard and might give you a headache? God forgive you should even try that, we are so beneath you. Ok so that means I have to learn English, you native tongue to have a discussion with you but noooo that’s moronic and I should just get back to herding camels or something…
You see you are the one that attacked me directly… I talked about your leader as being unfit but you came back with an insult instead of a rebuttal as to why he is not really a modern times Cesar… That’s why I think you think we are backward and that I think that you think that you are so right, get it?
post #44 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:19 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL

Here's an idea - forgive and forget, the ad hominem stuff gets in the way of a productive discussion. What say you?
post #45 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
jjl - 12/18/2005 7:19 PM

Here's an idea - forgive and forget, the ad hominem stuff gets in the way of a productive discussion. What say you?
If jjl says it, then I am game, he's always been fair...
post #46 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:20 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Shabah - 12/18/2005 7:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Get it?

Why do I need to be eloquent? Is the burden on me, the one that this is not his language or you the provider of peace and civilization to the world?
Could you stoop down and talk to me in my language or is that too hard and might give you a headache? God forgive you should even try that, we are so beneath you. Ok so that means I have to learn English, you native tongue to have a discussion with you but noooo that’s moronic and I should just get back to herding camels or something…
You see you are the one that attacked me directly… I talked about your leader as being unfit but you came back with an insult instead of a rebuttal as to why he is not really a modern times Cesar… That’s why I think you think we are backward and that I think that you think that you are so right, get it?

LOL!!!!!!!!
Don't complain about eloquence then.
And you're not talking about Bush being "unfit" you're engaging in ad hominem and hyperbolic attacks (ie you're just resorting to name calling).
I would be willing to engage a debate that was based in substance instead of moveon.org type memes but that's not happening here.

post #47 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
chiphomme - 12/18/2005 7:20 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 12/18/2005 7:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Get it?

LOL!!!!!!!!
Don't complain about eloquence then.
And you're not talking about Bush being "unfit" you're engaging in ad hominem and hyperbolic attacks (ie you're just resorting to name calling).
I would be willing to engage a debate that was based in substance instead of moveon.org type memes but that's not happening here.

I don't need nor do I subscribe to moveon.org to have an opinion. That's right an opinion instead of a party line auto-response...
I am not resorting to name calling when a leader of a nation comes up in front of your nation, in front of the whole world and says that he is going to go on a crusade. I am not drawing hyperboles but expressing what everyone on my side of the land is saying, or should I just not say a thing, let it slide and feed your arrogant ignorance until it’s too late and terrorists have won because you keep listening to your own music?
Look at what Chalabi and company had done to your credibility by playing your ego to the hilt... Am I making this up? you tell me...
post #48 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:29 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL

Hey Chip, what about the gratuitous 'moron' remark? I saw nothing in Shabah's satirical piece likening Bush to Caeser to warrant that.

Anyway, goodnight to y'all.
post #49 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:34 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
I don't need nor do I subscribe to moveon.org to have an opinion. That's right an opinion instead of a party line auto-response...
I am not resorting to name calling when a leader of a nation comes up in front of your nation, in front of the whole world and says that he is going to go on a crusade. I am not drawing hyperboles but expressing what everyone on my side of the land is saying, or should I just not say a thing, let it slide and feed your arrogant ignorance until it’s too late and terrorists have won because you keep listening to your own music?
Look at what Chalabi and company had done to your credibility by playing your ego to the hilt... Am I making this up? you tell me...

"
I will cheer for the leader of the world just to make you happy and warm and fuzzy her ya go Heil Goerge the Great, Heil Cesar, to you we bow down and to your truth we shall submit and eat shit...."

No that's little statement isn't just hate filled garbage is it?
It's amazing that people bitch about the fact the US brought democracy to Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm sure the Taliban and Baathist butchers are more to your liking.

post #50 of 95 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:38 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
jjl - 12/18/2005 7:29 PM

Hey Chip, what about the gratuitous 'moron' remark? I saw nothing in Shabah's satirical piece likening Bush to Caeser to warrant that.

Anyway, goodnight to y'all.

You thought that was "satirical"? I didn't. I thought it just hate filled bile and I responded in kind. Give me a substantive point and I won't be so harsh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in