Despite Charges of Racism more whites die in Katrina than Minorities - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Despite Charges of Racism more whites die in Katrina than Minorities

Quote:
That Guy - 12/15/2005 2:57 PM

Wow! I guess the gevernment response to Katrina was just fine. As long as they're leaving more white people to die than blacks.

Who thought that this was a good idea to write such an article? Its absolutely assinine to write an article that essentially says, "See! The liberals were wrong! More white people died due to the bungled government response!"

Stupidity abounds.
The other problem is why associate whites to the liberal cause?
I mean obviously this so called journalist wants to counter some “liberal propaganda� but why counter it by deepening the racial rift? It would have been smarter to go fishing for some other facts (or fictional one too)....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
Shane - 12/15/2005 2:30 PM

The woman was lying while telling the truth.
Sounds like how some would describe a certain president.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
This only proves that.........

George Bush hates white people baby!! Yah!!!

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:52 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 300SD

Quote:
Shabah - 12/16/2005 12:00 AM

Quote:
1982_300SD - 12/15/2005 2:54 PM

I was responding to the fact that a lot of journalism is poorly written, and I was simply stating that the article "is what it is, nothing more." Shabah, what is your take on this black woman I mentioned?
There are a lot of crazy people in this world so yeah I would not be surprised of something like that... But then again think about why some people are so paranoid?
Do you think she lived a balanced life? do you think all she saw troughout her life is an outpouring of love towards her? Do you think that somehow overnight she became delusional?
What's your demons 1982_300SD??? A glow plug that will fail while you are stuck on the some railroad track? hmmm, it must have been the man that made your car stall...
Well, Shabah, I would only need those glow plugs if the car stalled in the railroad tracks and sat long enough for the motor to cool enough inorder for me to use them to start the motor. Otherwise, if a glowplug failed while the diesel was running, then I wouldn't care. Besides, quit making excuses for such a wacko woman. Her claim made me remember back when that liberal judge (I forget her name, but will remember it soon and post it), said, "we need safer guns, and safer bullets." Now what the hell is a safer gun and a safer bullet? That statement makes no sense at all. What do you propose to do with a "safer" gun and a "safer" bullet? There is absolutly no point to a safer gun or bullet because if you think about he concept of the gun, well, you might as well eliminate guns or weapons if you are going to make them "safer." Now, how are you going to kill someone with a "safe" bullet? That is what a criminal would ask.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 03:58 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1982 300SD

I just can't get past the victum mentality of so many people. It is not the government's job to "protect us". You are responsible for your well-being; I am responsible for me. If I see you are in need, and decide to help you, that is my choice. If you force me to help you, that is robbery, or worse.
Find me a place in the Constitution that gives the government the responsibility for every indivdual's health and welfare. ( The Constitution limits the reach of government, and establishes the priority of the individual).
If it were true,( The the government is responsible) then we are no longer citizens, but wards of the State; chattle to be used as the State sees fit. No thank you. I prefer to be responsible for me and my family. To accept the idea that its the government's responsibility is to forever be sentenced to being a victum, waiting for someone else to do something. Only by accepting responsibility can a person make the changes that will result in a better, safer, life.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: 2002 C230

So, you'd be more than happy with a gov't watching on CNN as people die of starvation/dehydration? Nice gov't you'd have there!

Though the people (in your vernacular, "victums", though even someone from the 9th Ward knows it's victims) I'm sure could have done better for themselves and not relied on the gov't to bail them out (at least most; there are some that are just not capable of it, for mental/physical reasons), I don't think that a death sentence is really a fair way of handling the crisis. I don't think that's the compassionate conservatism that Bushie was talking about.

2002 Ccoupe, not as good as others, apparently
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

I worked in Search and Rescue in the immediate aftermath of Katrina in two neighborhoods in NOLA. Probably about a fourth the people we helped were white. The remainder were black, mixed race or undeterminable by me (we sure as heck didn't ask questions, we just helped them into the damned boat). One time we helped several family members into the boat and they asked us to check on a nearby elderly could down the street. motored down and hollared with no response. We entered the home and there was the couple. One reclining in an easy chair and the other sitting upright on a couch. Both dead.

In one neighborhood I worked there were about 7-8 bodies floating in the streets. One of the bodies was right by where we launched on three days, the Eleysian Fields exit off I-10. You can find it on Google.Map. It stayed there getting bigger and more hideous as the hot days went by. We didn't get the poor bastard out because were were not equipped for recovery of bodies and we were busy helping living people. The dead don't need help.

I saw a map of where the dead were recovered with summations by neighborhoods. The neighborhood I mentioned above had a total of 8 bodies reported. This is the official death count. I cannot help but believe it is wrong by at least 100%. You see, rotting human bodies have a very distinctive aroma. It is very different from dog, cat, or rat. As we putted along at a slow idle up and down the streets hollaring for survivors, we would pass homes with that pervasive, horrid smell.

Racism? I don't know. Undoubtedly on a personal scale there's a lot of it. I worked out of the FEMA HQ at the Saint's Training Camp. During my time there I never heard anybody at any level say anything racist. All I heard was people frustrated with FEMA's institutional ineptitude and trying to find ways to work-around it.

Also, the mayor and city council and police chief are majority African-American. They wer so grossly incompetent and cowardly that the city would have been better served had they all moved to Dallas and got jobs. Do they hate blacks? No, they're incompetent. The majority of the population of NOLA is non-white. Wouldn't we expect that the majority of people affected by Katrina to be non-white?

I understand the need to find fault somewhere. The truth is that every level of government failed because of a lack of vision, ineptitude, and corruption. Nobody in the past 30 years had developed a plan to deal with a natural disaster occuring in an area the size of the British Isles. Local corruption in NOLA and LA politics is legendary--anybody here NEW to the idea that Louisiana has corrupt politicians?

Sure, play the blame. It's Bush's fault and he hates black people. Fine. That just demonstrates how fucking narrow is your mind and how limited is you vision.

B
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Ra_

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
Shabah - 12/15/2005 3:03 PM

I mean obviously this so called journalist wants to counter some “liberal propaganda� but why counter it by deepening the racial rift?

You sound like Juan Williams, after the L.A. riots.
He was very upset that the media was showing video
of Reginald Denny being smashed in the head with a brick.

On the other hand, he thought the video of Rodney King was enlightening.

He, just like you, only supports the 'truths' that
prop up whatever propoganda he is trying to push on people.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Botnst - 12/16/2005 9:33 AM

I worked in Search and Rescue in the immediate aftermath of Katrina in two neighborhoods in NOLA. Probably about a fourth the people we helped were white. The remainder were black, mixed race or undeterminable by me (we sure as heck didn't ask questions, we just helped them into the damned boat). One time we helped several family members into the boat and they asked us to check on a nearby elderly could down the street. motored down and hollared with no response. We entered the home and there was the couple. One reclining in an easy chair and the other sitting upright on a couch. Both dead.

In one neighborhood I worked there were about 7-8 bodies floating in the streets. One of the bodies was right by where we launched on three days, the Eleysian Fields exit off I-10. You can find it on Google.Map. It stayed there getting bigger and more hideous as the hot days went by. We didn't get the poor bastard out because were were not equipped for recovery of bodies and we were busy helping living people. The dead don't need help.

I saw a map of where the dead were recovered with summations by neighborhoods. The neighborhood I mentioned above had a total of 8 bodies reported. This is the official death count. I cannot help but believe it is wrong by at least 100%. You see, rotting human bodies have a very distinctive aroma. It is very different from dog, cat, or rat. As we putted along at a slow idle up and down the streets hollaring for survivors, we would pass homes with that pervasive, horrid smell.

Racism? I don't know. Undoubtedly on a personal scale there's a lot of it. I worked out of the FEMA HQ at the Saint's Training Camp. During my time there I never heard anybody at any level say anything racist. All I heard was people frustrated with FEMA's institutional ineptitude and trying to find ways to work-around it.

Also, the mayor and city council and police chief are majority African-American. They wer so grossly incompetent and cowardly that the city would have been better served had they all moved to Dallas and got jobs. Do they hate blacks? No, they're incompetent. The majority of the population of NOLA is non-white. Wouldn't we expect that the majority of people affected by Katrina to be non-white?

I understand the need to find fault somewhere. The truth is that every level of government failed because of a lack of vision, ineptitude, and corruption. Nobody in the past 30 years had developed a plan to deal with a natural disaster occuring in an area the size of the British Isles. Local corruption in NOLA and LA politics is legendary--anybody here NEW to the idea that Louisiana has corrupt politicians?

B
The one place you forgot to assign blame was to the people of New Orleans itself. They too deserve part of the blame. There is such a thing as personal responsibility. They should have left, they should have had adequate insurance, etc. This does not absolve any level of government of blame. But people should also look in the mirror not just point the finger.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 12/16/2005 5:58 AM

I just can't get past the victum mentality of so many people. It is not the government's job to "protect us". You are responsible for your well-being; I am responsible for me. If I see you are in need, and decide to help you, that is my choice. If you force me to help you, that is robbery, or worse.
Find me a place in the Constitution that gives the government the responsibility for every indivdual's health and welfare. ( The Constitution limits the reach of government, and establishes the priority of the individual).
If it were true,( The the government is responsible) then we are no longer citizens, but wards of the State; chattle to be used as the State sees fit. No thank you. I prefer to be responsible for me and my family. To accept the idea that its the government's responsibility is to forever be sentenced to being a victum, waiting for someone else to do something. Only by accepting responsibility can a person make the changes that will result in a better, safer, life.
The Federal Government has a constitutional responsibility under the Inland Waterways clause of the COTUS. Ultimately, the leevees of New Orleans are the responsibility of the feds, and like all responsible parties whose negligence leads to death, they are liable for damages.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in