Tookie Williams to Die...Governor Denies Clemency - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 04:51 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 300se 560sel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Tookie Williams to Die...Governor Denies Clemency

Hey guys
if you kill then you should be executed asap. i feel sorry for all the tax paying americans who have to pay a fortune to keep scum like tookie alive for 25 yrs in a hotel. (sorry, prison)
but then again what can be expected in a country where every one has the right to carry a fire arm, it might have bee ok when america was new and forming, but its a brave new world now, and people shouldnt need guns.

I would kill everyone on death row tmrw. No point in having a death sentence if it takes 30 yrs to enact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 07:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
iNeon - 12/14/2005 6:41 AM

ive a question for all of youall?

how many of youall have had loved ones killed like this?

i dont mean to trivialize anyones emotions or feelings; i am just wondering how many are actually effected by things like this?

i had an uncle who was shot in the head in gary, indiana. he bought the wrong car, apparently.

i dont think cases like this should be viewed as revenge or 'getting mines' its more an issue of not giving people that kill in cold blood the chance to do it again.

i am not saying people that forget to use their blinkers should be put in the chair, now... just that if these people cant stop at a bloody nose and black eye, if they have to extinguish the lives of people for some reason... their lives should be given the same measure of importance as they gave to their victims.

in this case, i might say that multiple wounds would be appropriate. maybe he ought to have begged to be shown mercy. maybe by a big scary man shoving a gun in his face and then blowing off his ears. one at a time, even.

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I think Germanstar has a brother who was murdered.........

It's been a while since I read the post, but I think that is what he said. Perhaps he could correct me if I'm wrong.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

It's true, as you say. And I still believe that the best society can do is to send a clear message that the taking of another human life is wrong. You don't teach your kids not to lie by lying to them, do you?

Besides, I personally consider life in prison a more severe penalty than death. Isn't death the easy way out from a life without hope?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
GermanStar - 12/14/2005 10:13 AM

It's true, as you say. And I still believe that the best society can do is to send a clear message that the taking of another human life is wrong. You don't teach your kids not to lie by lying to them, do you?

Besides, I personally consider life in prison a more severe penalty than death. Isn't death the easy way out from a life without hope?
As time passes, my beliefs are more congruent with those you have expressed. I think if prison for murderers were truly a hopeless existence, then more individuals would come to our side on this.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Yes, I am absolutely opposed to folks like Tookie gaining celebrity status in prison. Giving his life that kind of hope and meaning from behind bars is obscene.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS

Quote:
GermanStar - 12/14/2005 10:13 AM

I don't think most death row inmates would agree with your end comment.

I disagree with the death penalty not because it’s wrong to get rid of the vile scum that perpetrates these crimes but because it’s arbitrary.

Look at this case of a supposed (I say that because I haven't researched it fully) law abiding citizen, Cory Maye, who had the police mistakenly and without a warrant bust into his home. He unknowingly shot and killed a police officer because he thought he was being attacked by an intruder. He is now on death row for a “crime� he should never have been prosecuted.

"Cops mistakenly break down the door of a sleeping man, late at night, as part of drug raid. Turns out, the man wasn't named in the warrant, and wasn't a suspect. The man, frigthened [sic] for himself and his 18-month old daughter, fires at an intruder who jumps into his bedroom after the door's been kicked in. Turns out that the man, who is black, has killed the white son of the town's police chief. He's later convicted and sentenced to death by a white jury. The man has no criminal record, and police rather tellingly changed their story about drugs (rather, traces of drugs) in his possession at the time of the raid."

http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=3090

post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Re: Let's remember the victims

Quote:
Botnst - 12/13/2005 8:08 PM
Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 12/13/2005 4:06 PM
blah blah blah
No recidivism.

B
Live without parole achieves that desirable outcome, at least from the standpoint of the folks outside the walls.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 09:08 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 12/14/2005 9:59 AM

Quote:
Botnst - 12/13/2005 8:08 PM
Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 12/13/2005 4:06 PM
blah blah blah
No recidivism.

B
Live without parole achieves that desirable outcome, at least from the standpoint of the folks outside the walls.
Please get to the hospital immediately. There appears to be hemoglobin leaching out of your cardiac organ.

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 09:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 12/14/2005 10:08 AM
Please get to the hospital immediately. There appears to be hemoglobin leaching out of your cardiac organ.
This will come to pass. Just this morning, I soiled myself at hearing the cracking sounds of the bones of that toddler I ran over with my car. I can't hope to be that lucky often, but I wish...

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon

but how much debt should these people be able to put on everyone else?

they do sort of owe society.

when i was talking to mother about her brother(i talked about him before) she filled me in on a bit more-- i was only 12 when he was killed, so i was sad, but not terribly invested in seeking justice or even questioning anything.

the young man that killed my uncle did it because the person he bought the car had wronged a gang member. they were on the lookout for the car and my uncle bought it--

this young man took this 'job' to become a member of said gang.

they had no weapon as evidence.

his defense was that his home life was bad and he wanted to be in the gang to feel accepted and loved.

he admitted to the crime.

he is out on parole next fall.

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in