BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Header Idea? (No gmisbest, thanks)

Just floating this as an idea...

What do all of the rest of you think about this? When we post a new OT item we can choose to append to the subject "no gmisbest, thanks" as I did on this one?

Then gmisbest should respect that wish and keep his/her/its ideas to her/him/itself (and of course the threads that don't include that disclaimer).

If he/she/it doesn't respect that request, then we'll simply agree to ignore gmisbest's input and carry on as though it wasn't there.

Is that workable? I'm game to give it a try. After reading a few of his/her/its posts I can't imagine I'd ever care what gmisbest's opinion is on any topic of any kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:13 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: New Header Idea? (No gmisbest, thanks)

While this idea is a valiant notion at maintaining some kind of normality (and I mean that in it's broadest possible measure in as far as this OT forum has a slightly skewed measure of normality in any case) I believe that your attempt at exclusion will not fly simply because this flies in the face of human nature - at least that part of human nature that finds itself in the "meaty" area of a normal curve. Why do you ask: well - because I stand for something so offensive to 95% of the members of this forum that the majority of them can not not resist the urge to not reply even if they wanted.

Take chiphomme - the very idea of someone calling his near-top-of-the-line 4 door speedster a "sissy girly poser car" is just so utterly offensive to his persona and his car that he will argue the point to the bitter end regardless of how ludicrous it may be. Or ineon - just plain too nice to ignore. The asian kid likes posting too much - he advises "ignore the troll" and at the same time posts 150 replies in the same thread. Or the guy from Canada - can't help himself: 5 posts in 7 months and then a flurry into 50 in two days.

Nope - forget this idea you poser with your sissy girly man import faggy excuse for a real car.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
GMISBEST - 12/12/2005 5:13 PM

While this idea is a valiant notion at maintaining some kind of normality (and I mean that in it's broadest possible measure in as far as this OT forum has a slightly skewed measure of normality in any case) I believe that your attempt at exclusion will not fly simply because this flies in the face of human nature - at least that part of human nature that finds itself in the "meaty" area of a normal curve. Why do you ask: well - because I stand for something so offensive to 95% of the members of this forum that the majority of them can not not resist the urge to not reply even if they wanted.

Take chiphomme - the very idea of someone calling his near-top-of-the-line 4 door speedster a "sissy girly poser car" is just so utterly offensive to his persona and his car that he will argue the point to the bitter end regardless of how ludicrous it may be. Or ineon - just plain too nice to ignore. The asian kid likes posting too much - he advises "ignore the troll" and at the same time posts 150 replies in the same thread. Or the guy from Canada - can't help himself: 5 posts in 7 months and then a flurry into 50 in two days.

Nope - forget this idea you poser with your sissy girly man import faggy excuse for a real car.
Wow, you can actually craft a few sentences albeit winded; so the dot persona was you after all....
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:46 PM
BenzWorld Member

Oh I forgot to add something about the arab. As he can't resist to get the last word in there is always a guarantee that the proposed strategy will fail.

The conundrum here is that the arab may not really be an arab - what are the chances that he stays awake all weekend during North American "hours" to watch the market. Only markets open during the weekend are the ones he purports to live in (Thursday and Friday being weekend) and one must presume that he will need at least some sleep to run his empire in the middle of the desert. Mmmmm.

In any case. Guys, sell your faggy poser girly man imports and get A REAL CAR. DAMMIT!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
GMISBEST - 12/12/2005 5:46 PM

Oh I forgot to add something about the arab. As he can't resist to get the last word in there is always a guarantee that the proposed strategy will fail.

The conundrum here is that the arab may not really be an arab - what are the chances that he stays awake all weekend during North American "hours" to watch the market. Only markets open during the weekend are the ones he purports to live in (Thursday and Friday being weekend) and one must presume that he will need at least some sleep to run his empire in the middle of the desert. Mmmmm.

In any case. Guys, sell your faggy poser girly man imports and get A REAL CAR. DAMMIT!
Have you ever been in my part of the world? f you have then you would have understood that we don't operate with your version of 9 to 5 work/life...
Anyone who has been in the Middle East will tell you that we pretty much don't sleep at night because it is too hot during the day to work...
Here is my schedule, I go to the office at 7am then leave at 11 am. I come back at 4PM and stay there until 11PM sometimes 2 am... Ask people who know instead of thinking from your perspective...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005

Hey gregs210 I think this is a great idea. If only this site had mods instead of hosts we could get them to delete GMISBEST's posts, because that would be spamming, and we need spam to be at a minimum.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Shabah - 12/12/2005 5:51 PM

Quote:

Have you ever been in my part of the world? f you have then you would have understood that we don't operate with your version of 9 to 5 work/life...
Anyone who has been in the Middle East will tell you that we pretty much don't sleep at night because it is too hot during the day to work...
Here is my schedule, I go to the office at 7am then leave at 11 am. I come back at 4PM and stay there until 11PM sometimes 2 am... Ask people who know instead of thinking from your perspective...
Mmmm right. You'll be the first Arab to ever work between 4 and 11pm. In by 7am out by 7:30 to pray in by 8am out by 9am to pray in by.... out by 3pm to pray in by 3:20pm out by 4pm to go home. Unless its Ramadan (sorry, ramidan) then it's the same as above except out by 4pm to wait for the sun to set at 5pm and hit the restaurants till 4am and then go pray. Of course now it's winter and temperatures have dropped to a freezing 80 degrees during the day with those 2 annual rain storms onto your non-draining roads just around the corner so you'll be in your warmest clothes wishing for those hot 140 degree summer days to come back.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

The reasons my idea initially won't work?

1. gmisbest has no respect for anyone else on this forum.

2. gmisbest agrees that this is a free country, unless you disagree with him/her/it.

Thus, I suggest we simply ignore him. If he/she/it posts up, we should simply respond to the other posts and simply pretend there is no gmisbest.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 04:05 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: CLK

Why can we just ban his monkey ass and get it done with it.[^]
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 04:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
GMISBEST - 12/12/2005 6:02 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 12/12/2005 5:51 PM

Quote:

Mmmm right. You'll be the first Arab to ever work between 4 and 11pm. In by 7am out by 7:30 to pray in by 8am out by 9am to pray in by.... out by 3pm to pray in by 3:20pm out by 4pm to go home. Unless its Ramadan (sorry, ramidan) then it's the same as above except out by 4pm to wait for the sun to set at 5pm and hit the restaurants till 4am and then go pray. Of course now it's winter and temperatures have dropped to a freezing 80 degrees during the day with those 2 annual rain storms onto your non-draining roads just around the corner so you'll be in your warmest clothes wishing for those hot 140 degree summer days to come back.
You almost got it except for the "only Arab to ever work between 4 and 11PM". Do you think that we are lazy or have no work ethics? Sometimes I work more than that because I don't have set hours and it is my business to be online and learn...
You on the other hand, prove to me what have you learned on this forum? Nothing because everything was about you and your stinkin GM... Did you ask anyone a question to get some insight nooooo because you know everything....
That's the difference between you and me... carry on with your ignorant rant and keep amuzing yourself....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in