Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: "I destroy life"

Quote:
smurfccoupe - 11/30/2005 9:31 AM

Quote:
azimuth - 11/29/2005 8:26 PM

The next year, he trained on a maternity ward. In a 24-hour shift, it was not unusual, he said, for four or five women to come in feverish or hemorrhaging from botched abortions.
To me, that's the key point. Making abortions illegal does not mean they won't happen. You do know that, don't you?

Having a safe alternative to those who want abortions doesn't seem like an outrage to me - anyone who wants one will always be able to get one - hell, they can even make a nice vacation out of it, like they used to do when it was illegal here. The morality of it is between the woman and her deity(ies), and I have no interest in deciding the matter. The baby can chime in if he/she/they want(s) to.
I think one would have to be a fool to believe that laws eliminate behaviors. Or are you implying something else?

How would a baby chime in exactly? Abortion sort of removes that choice from him/her. Unless you mean the body language that accompanies partial birth abortions, I understand there's a whole lot of thrashing and writhing that goes on when his/her skull is punctured with scissors so the brain can be evacuated while the head is still in the birth canal.

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:20 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: 2002 C230

Quote:
azimuth - 11/30/2005 6:12 PM
How would a baby chime in exactly?
See? We're on the same page. [:D]

2002 Ccoupe, not as good as others, apparently
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Shabah - 11/30/2005 11:13 AM

Quote:
azimuth - 11/29/2005 11:46 PM

the man admits he believes he is destroying lives and no outrage from anyone? He has committed tens of thousands of murders (as he sees it) of helpless individuals for the sake of a few other's freedom to fit into a wedding dress and no righteous indignation from the anti war lefties?

I can't wait to hear what Shabah, defender of all innocence, says about these atrocities. Where is the indignant, Demon-possessed and the sensitive to ugly visages, Theboss?
Hmmm, Azimuth, I see that you listed only the "Arabs" on this forum. I can't speak for the others but Az you demonstrate once again your bias and shooting from the hip attitude. First of all When did I ever voice an opinion about abortion? Why do you want to drag me into this discussion? Do you think I am going to be an easy target because I am associated with Arabs? Do you think people are not going to see right through your bullshit and accusation laden dynamite fishing attitude? You are one angry man Az...
If you need some therapy I will gladly offer you a visit to my farm, give you an AK47 and let you loose on the wildlife, I am sure that you will enjoy yourself. Oh if you insist on Arab human targets I will see what I can do about that, just let me know...
Now about my opinion on this subject: Women have the right to choose! Especially if it is a matter of life and death. No abortion should be allowed for cosmetic or some other stupid excuses. This is a decision between a woman and a doctor where the doctor has to use sound judgment based on the woman's health. More than that I can't claim expertise nor would I venture into a minefield you may have Azimuth so grow up and enjoy the fact that your mom did not pull you out with a coat hanger...
My invitation to this thread was just that, an invitation. It was a provocative one, I'll grant that but it was based on other than racial motives.

I invited you because we have had heated discussion relative to the killing of innocent life. The doc. in the above article believes the humans he is killing are alive and finds a way to justify it. I jumped the gun believing you had skipped the article altogether while posting on another thread. I interpreted that to be an inconsistency of logic and called you by name as you have done for me.

I invited Theboss because he shows blatant inconsistency relative to the graphic photos folks post here and it appears his tears are crocodillic.

I invited demonposssesed because he defended Shabah's racism and wanted his perspective relative to the destruction of human life to see if his defense was universal or case specific.

These individuals are admitted members of a religious group which denounces the practice of abortion specifically so I figured I had a good chance of getting accurate perspectives from them.

The provocative nature of my invitation was to insure participation.

I'd be glad to come to your property and shoot some paper, however I prefer the sig550 to the AK; though I understand that the AK is more reliable in your climate conditions

post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 11/30/2005 11:31 AM

Quote:
azimuth - 11/29/2005 11:46 PM

the man admits he believes he is destroying lives and no outrage from anyone? He has committed tens of thousands of murders (as he sees it) of helpless individuals for the sake of a few other's freedom to fit into a wedding dress and no righteous indignation from the anti war lefties?

I can't wait to hear what Shabah, defender of all innocence, says about these atrocities. Where is the indignant, Demon-possessed and the sensitive to ugly visages, Theboss?
Sorry, I simply do not believe that the rights of a fetus outweighs the right of the person who is the host of its being. It is ultimately an entirely legalistic and democratic argument to me - the US Constitution guarantees rights to "naturally born persons and those who are naturalized as citizens". If there was majority support to change one word, one word in that sentence to "naturally conceived" I would resign myself to a pro-life country. But it simply not going to happen. Men are, for the most part, against abortion, women are, for the most part, not. I just don't see how a 3/4 majority for changing things can come out of that. If the SCOTUS rules that the Constitution does not say what it says, we are going to have some serious social unrest over it. I wish people would simply accept it as the law.
What if the presence of life is established?

post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 11/30/2005 1:12 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 11/29/2005 11:09 PM
You've just taken the side typically possessed by the right in that it's for the greater good.
Isn't that a communist belief too?
In a general sense, yes. The republicans use that logic occasionally but lend personal responsiblity more credibility over all......I think.[:D]

post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 11/30/2005 4:32 PM

Never slowed down the Orkin man...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
GermanStar - 11/30/2005 6:39 PM

Quote:

Are you saying that bugs lives have the same value as human lives?

post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 11/30/2005 5:59 PM
Quote:
GermanStar - 11/30/2005 6:39 PM
Quote:
What if he did, would that bug you? Call the Orkin man then!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 11/30/2005 5:32 PM
In your eyes, can a woman have an abortion on Mars, where no presence of life has ever been established, and where life simply can not be naturally self-supporting, self-perpetuating?

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 11/30/2005 4:59 PM

I'm sure they have more value from their perspective.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in