AutoNews on Cayenne ""Look at a 1-year-old Cayenne, and it looks used" - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: AutoNews on Cayenne ""Look at a 1-year-old Cayenne, and it looks used"

Quote:
midnightrun - 11/25/2005 12:56 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/25/2005 12:35 AM

I don't have a problem with grownups, that earn their money, buying stuff like that but having kids that can barely drive and have no sense of fiscal responsibility drive them is a different deal.
1. I have worked in my family's business since I was 16. Now even while I study I manage also most of our contracts of procurement. I guess my average day is 14 hours - what is yours? And I don't get paid a salary for it.

2. The SLR was not costing that much. I don't know what it cost but it is used all the time in auto expositions so is a business expense. And it's not new but aged 2 years. My car I have now is a C-Klasse which was my 18th present but up to that point I have already worked since my 16th year without being paid.

What is it that your children do? Besides play XBox and hang in the mall?

You've worked a couple of years. So? It's ridiculous that a someone as young as you are driving a 600+ HP car valued at $450k.

Your parents are spoiling you.

As far as I'm concerened I've worked for every dime I have. At your age I was working my ass off at college with barely enough money to have a couple of cheap beers on a Friday night.

But hey it's just an opinion and I'm not advocating that your parents shouldn't have the right to spoil you. I just believe the old adage "spare the rod spoil the child" (and no I don't beat my son).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Shabah - 11/25/2005 1:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't have a problem with grownups, that earn their money, buying stuff like that but having kids that can barely drive and have no sense of fiscal responsibility drive them is a different deal.
1. I have worked in my family's business since I was 16. Now even while I study I manage also most of our contracts of procurement. I guess my average day is 14 hours - what is yours? And I don't get paid a salary for it.

2. The SLR was not costing that much. I don't know what it cost but it is used all the time in auto expositions so is a business expense. And it's not new but aged 2 years. My car I have now is a C-Klasse which was my 18th present but up to that point I have already worked since my 16th year without being paid.

Doucement midnightrun, the people in here are not used to rich kids.
Speak for yourself.[:D]

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 04:50 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/25/2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You've worked a couple of years. So? It's ridiculous that a someone as young as you are driving a 600+ HP car valued at $450k.

As far as I'm concerened I've worked for every dime I have. At your age I was working my ass off at college with barely enough money to have a couple of cheap beers on a Friday night.

But hey it's just an opinion and I'm not advocating that your parents shouldn't have the right to spoil you. I just believe the old adage "spare the rod spoil the child" (and no I don't beat my son).

Middle class mentality anyone?

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
asianml - 11/25/2005 5:25 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 11/25/2005 1:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry asianml but I have first hand experience in this matter. One of my daughters got a brand new 911 for 18th birthday that cost around 100K... She deserved it and I am happy that she got it. Am I concerned about her safety? absolutly but she is level headed, smart and takes her studying seriously. On the other hand I have a worthless son and all he got is a Honda but he is happy with it because he can haang out with other ricers sticking tincans in the car's rear end... Between us he will be getting my old SEC one day when I feel that he will appreciate it, for now it is in storage and I am hiding it from theboss (from this forum) because he wants it bad.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Shane - 11/25/2005 6:50 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/25/2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Middle class mentality anyone?

Was that suppose to be a slam?

post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry asianml but I have first hand experience in this matter. One of my daughters got a brand new 911 for 18th birthday that cost around 100K... She deserved it and I am happy that she got it. Am I concerned about her safety? absolutly but she is level headed, smart and takes her studying seriously. On the other hand I have a worthless son and all he got is a Honda but he is happy with it because he can haang out with other ricers sticking tincans in the car's rear end... Between us he will be getting my old SEC one day when I feel that he will appreciate it, for now it is in storage and I am hiding it from theboss (from this forum) because he wants it bad.
I don't read your posts outside the OT, but do you flame ricers? If so that would be very ironic. And good for your daughter. I hope my parents feel that way, I get straight A's and can make decisions on my own. It's just I have anger management issues.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

[QUOTE]asianml - 11/25/2005 7:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't read your posts outside the OT, but do you flame ricers? If so that would be very ironic. And goos for your daughter. I hope my parents feel that way, I get straight A's and can make decisions on my own. It's just I have anger management issues.
Not really, I like all sorts of cars including ricers... I just like to pull my kids chains so he will do better things with his life. He droped out from highschool thinking he is the man and he can start a business. He did, but he is strugling and I respect that because I have been there. I just wanted him to go to college first that's all...
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:37 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to markcedes

[QUOTE]Shabah - 11/25/2005 7:29 PM

Quote:
asianml - 11/25/2005 7:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't read your posts outside the OT, but do you flame ricers? If so that would be very ironic. And goos for your daughter. I hope my parents feel that way, I get straight A's and can make decisions on my own. It's just I have anger management issues.
Not really, I like all sorts of cars including ricers... I just like to pull my kids chains so he will do better things with his life. He droped out from highschool thinking he is the man and he can start a business. He did, but he is strugling and I respect that because I have been there. I just wanted him to go to college first that's all...
shbah wit all du respect dont u live in iraq last time i cheked ther where no porsch dealers ther
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

[QUOTE]markcedes - 11/25/2005 7:37 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 11/25/2005 7:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
shbah wit all du respect dont u live in iraq last time i cheked ther where no porsch dealers ther
What makes you think I live in Iraq? No I don't live there and besides my daughter with that car is in college near Geneva. I have another older daughter in the US too, she is finsihing her PHd in engineering and she drives a Benz (I am not telling which one cause there not many of that model over there)...

Edit: Oh, if you want to know where I am just plug in the coordinates near my avatar on google earth...(oh those are not crop circles by the way).
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 05:50 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2005
Send a message via AIM to markcedes

[QUOTE]Shabah - 11/25/2005 7:48 PM

Quote:
markcedes - 11/25/2005 7:37 PM

Quote:
Shabah - 11/25/2005 7:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What makes you think I live in Iraq? No I don't live there and besides my daughter with that car is in college near Geneva. I have another older daughter in the US too, she is finsihing her PHd in engineering and she drives a Benz (I am not telling which one cause there not many of that model over there)...

Edit: Oh, if you want to know where I am just plug in the coordinates near my avatar on google earth...(oh those are not crop circles by the way).
so ur not from iraq?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in