Bush lied, your kid died - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
GermanStar - 11/24/2005 3:32 PM

You're right. The administration has been open, honest, and frank all along. They never tried to tie Iraq to 9/11, they didn't use 9/11 as a springboard to attack Iraq, they didn't reward Iraqi expatriates for "good" WMD information, but fail to reward those with true information, they never tried to discredit the efforts of UN weapons inspectors, they never said that Iraqi oil would cover expenses of the invasion, and they never painted some helpless third world turd who couldn't defend their own borders as an actual threat to the U.S. Honest as the day is long. You've really got to admire the honest, upstanding smear campaign against McCain, as well, while we're at it.



Funny you should use McCain because he has said the real lie is that Bush lied or mislead.



"
SCHIEFFER: President Bush accused his critics of rewriting history last week.

Sen. McCAIN: Yeah.

SCHIEFFER: And in--he said in doing so, the criticisms they were making of his war policy was endangering our troops in Iraq. Do you believe it is unpatriotic to criticize the Iraq policy?

Sen. McCAIN: No, I think it's a very legitimate aspect of American life to criticize and to disagree and to debate. But I want to say I think it's a lie to say that the president lied to the American people. I sat on the Robb-Silverman Commission. I saw many, many analysts that came before that committee. I asked every one of them--I said, `Did--were you ever pressured politically or any other way to change your analysis of the situation as you saw?' Every one of them said no."

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_111305.pdf




chiphomme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Good politicians make their living in that gray area between truth and something less than the truth, which is one reason I'd make a lousy politician. Saying that Bush hasn't blatantly lied doesn't mean he's been honest either. Any attempt to tie Iraq to WMDs that weren't there and to 9/11 was dishonest, in my opinion. You can call it what you want...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
GermanStar - 11/24/2005 4:43 PM

Good politicians make their living in that gray area between truth and something less than the truth, which is one reason I'd make a lousy politician. Saying that Bush hasn't blatantly lied doesn't mean he's been honest either. Any attempt to tie Iraq to WMDs that weren't there and to 9/11 was dishonest, in my opinion. You can call it what you want...



McCain is not in any "gray area". When you have every major intelligence agency, the previous administration, and the CIA director saying Saddam had WMDs it's mindboggling that anyone could accuse GWB of lying with a straight face.
Remember George Tenet famously said it was a "slam dunk".

On top of the fact there were multiple other reasons to remove the Baathist regime (eg genocide). It is just weird that some people claiming to be "liberal" or "human rights activists" could be opposed to the toppling of a Middle East Hitler.






chiphomme is offline  
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 3:02 PM


McCain is not in any "gray area". When you have every major intelligence agency, the previous administration, and the CIA director saying Saddam had WMDs it's mindboggling that anyone could accuse GWB of lying with a straight face.
Remember George Tenet famously said it was a "slam dunk".
So you're saying it was a certainty, is that right?

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 3:02 PM
.... a Middle East Hitler.
Please. Saddam was going to rise up and rule the whole world, eh? The man was incapable of defending his own borders, for god's sake. Tell me, were you personally afraid of Iraq before the invasion?

BTW, McCain has consistently said that the administration 'needs to be more forthcoming' in regard to Iraq from the onset of the invasion. If you believe that we'd be in the sorry mess we're in now had McCain attained the presidency five years ago, you are sadly mistaken. Had the Bush gang not slandered this true American hero by suggesting that he had fathered a black baby, that might very well be the case.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

BTW, I have yet to hear you discuss how honest it was try to tie Iraq to 9/11...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:55 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
GermanStar - 11/24/2005 5:30 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 3:02 PM


McCain is not in any "gray area". When you have every major intelligence agency, the previous administration, and the CIA director saying Saddam had WMDs it's mindboggling that anyone could accuse GWB of lying with a straight face.
Remember George Tenet famously said it was a "slam dunk".
So you're saying it was a certainty, is that right?



No I'm saying there is a huge difference between being mistaken and lying. And it is truly grotesque that anyone would have the nerve to point fingers at GWB when they too believed Saddam had stockpiles.
BTW, where did all the WMDs go? They still haven't been accounted for.



Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 3:02 PM
.... a Middle East Hitler.
Please. Saddam was going to rise up and rule the whole world, eh? The man was incapable of defending his own borders, for god's sake. Tell me, were you personally afraid of Iraq before the invasion?

BTW, McCain has consistently said that the administration 'needs to be more forthcoming' in regard to Iraq from the onset of the invasion. If you believe that we'd be in the sorry mess we're in now had McCain attained the presidency five years ago, you are sadly mistaken. Had the Bush gang not slandered this true American hero by suggesting that he had fathered a black baby, that might very well be the case.[/QUOTE]




I prefered McCain to Bush back in 2000 too but I disagree with your assessment. First I don't think Iraq is the mess you seem to think it is and two I believe McCain would have done the right thing and toppled Saddam.

As far as Saddam being no threat you are just flat out wrong. Read the Deulfer report, look into the mass graves, the plight of the Kurds and Marsh Arabs, and the fact a low grade war had to be maintain to restrain the Sunni Baathists from slaughtering the Shiites and Kurds. Look at the two countries he invaded, the terrorists ties he maintained, the attempted assassination of a US President, etc..

Rememeber this?


http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9902/13/afghan.binladen/







chiphomme is offline  
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
chiphomme's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 5:55 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 11/24/2005 5:30 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 3:02 PM


McCain is not in any "gray area". When you have every major intelligence agency, the previous administration, and the CIA director saying Saddam had WMDs it's mindboggling that anyone could accuse GWB of lying with a straight face.
Remember George Tenet famously said it was a "slam dunk".
So you're saying it was a certainty, is that right?



No I'm saying there is a huge difference between being mistaken and lying. And it is truly grotesque that anyone would have the nerve to point fingers at GWB when they too believed Saddam had stockpiles.
BTW, where did all the WMDs go? They still haven't been accounted for.



Quote:
chiphomme - 11/24/2005 3:02 PM
.... a Middle East Hitler.
Please. Saddam was going to rise up and rule the whole world, eh? The man was incapable of defending his own borders, for god's sake. Tell me, were you personally afraid of Iraq before the invasion?

BTW, McCain has consistently said that the administration 'needs to be more forthcoming' in regard to Iraq from the onset of the invasion. If you believe that we'd be in the sorry mess we're in now had McCain attained the presidency five years ago, you are sadly mistaken. Had the Bush gang not slandered this true American hero by suggesting that he had fathered a black baby, that might very well be the case.
[/QUOTE]




I prefered McCain to Bush back in 2000 too but I disagree with your assessment. First I don't think Iraq is the mess you seem to think it is and two I believe McCain would have done the right thing and toppled Saddam.

As far as Saddam being no threat you are just flat out wrong. Read the Deulfer report, look into the mass graves, the plight of the Kurds and Marsh Arabs, and the fact a low grade war had to be maintained to restrain the Sunni Baathists from slaughtering the Shiites and Kurds. Look at the two countries he invaded, the terrorists ties he maintained, the attempted assassination of a US President, etc..

Rememeber this?


http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9902/13/afghan.binladen/







chiphomme is offline  
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
ThrillKill - 11/24/2005 8:00 AM

Quote:
1982_300SD - 11/23/2005 12:26 AM

Quote:
elau - 11/24/2005 12:29 AM

Did you all see Condi Ricecake on CNN last night talking on the subject? What a bull-dog looking douche bag.

This whole administrations make me sick.
Yeah....did you see John Kerry looking as stupid as ever trying to give an excuse why the Libs don't have a plan to get out of Iraq?

"Condi Ricecake"?....It's people like you that make me sick, not this administration. Grow up man.
If we can't call each other silly names, then the terrorists have won.
Hahaha!

B
Botnst is offline  
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 07:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

Quote:
GermanStar - 11/24/2005 4:43 PM

Good politicians make their living in that gray area between truth and something less than the truth, which is one reason I'd make a lousy politician. Saying that Bush hasn't blatantly lied doesn't mean he's been honest either. Any attempt to tie Iraq to WMDs that weren't there and to 9/11 was dishonest, in my opinion. You can call it what you want...
So McCain is honest except when he lies to protect Bush, the man you claim ran a slanderous campaign aganist McCain.

Either McCain is an unscrupulous man who will do or say anythingt to stay in the limelight or he is an honest man giving his honest opinion. Can't have McCain both ways, can we?

Bot
Botnst is offline  
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Bush lied, your kid died

In my opinion, McCain has sold himself out for the purpose of garnering support from the GOP for a presidential bid in '08. And yes, I do think less of the man for it.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome