US now admits it used chemical weapons against Iraqis - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 2008 CLK63 Black Series, 2008 Cayenne GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: US now admits it used chemical weapons against Iraqis

Quote:
JimSmith - 11/22/2005 10:35 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/22/2005 10:22 PM
When your done debating that strawman get back to me.
What for?

I had a room mate in college Freshman year who told me the circumstances of losing his virginity. He brought the subject up within a minute of being introduced, kind of along the lines of explaining he came from a little tiny town in Upstate NY and he never had the opportunity to smoke pot, but he had been laid. Briefly, he proposed to a girl two years younger than he while a senior in high school. She accepted, and "let him in" and, at the end of his summer vacation and months of access to her charms, he told her he changed his mind, was going to college and wanted his ring back. I told him I was surprised he mentioned that to me, and suggested he keep it to himself, as it revealed nothing even vaguely admirable about him.

I find the same is true about your outlook on this situation. I would recommend you keep most that vile drivel to yourself. Having bad thoughts is not your fault, but embracing them and publicizing them is. A family member of a fallen soldier, or a maimed one, might just have a serious issue with it, and in a few years they will be everywhere poor people come from or work. Jim

Follow your own advice.
BTW, I served nine years in the USMC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/22/2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:
What for?

I had a room mate in college Freshman year who told me the circumstances of losing his virginity. He brought the subject up within a minute of being introduced, kind of along the lines of explaining he came from a little tiny town in Upstate NY and he never had the opportunity to smoke pot, but he had been laid. Briefly, he proposed to a girl two years younger than he while a senior in high school. She accepted, and "let him in" and, at the end of his summer vacation and months of access to her charms, he told her he changed his mind, was going to college and wanted his ring back. I told him I was surprised he mentioned that to me, and suggested he keep it to himself, as it revealed nothing even vaguely admirable about him.

I find the same is true about your outlook on this situation. I would recommend you keep most that vile drivel to yourself. Having bad thoughts is not your fault, but embracing them and publicizing them is. A family member of a fallen soldier, or a maimed one, might just have a serious issue with it, and in a few years they will be everywhere poor people come from or work. Jim

Follow your own advice.
I always do. Being a former "tool" officially does not seem to have worn off. Take some time off and learn to think for yourself. Jim
post #113 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
JimSmith - 11/22/2005 10:41 PM

Quote:
chiphomme - 11/22/2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:
What for?

Follow your own advice.
I always do. Being a former "tool" officially does not seem to have worn off. Take some time off and learn to think for yourself. Jim

No you don't. You have called me a brain dead racist.
Keep your "vile drivel" to yourself.
And if you're too simple to understand that the military is a killing machine and is a tool of US foriegn policy then I suggest you educate yourself.

post #114 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i just don't know how you can say what you said with a straight face, that's all.. not calling you names, but how can you not see what is really going on and keep on swallowing the GOP propaganda?

in political asylum
post #115 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
mzsmbs - 11/22/2005 10:53 PM

i just don't know how you can say what you said with a straight face, that's all.. not calling you names, but how can you not see what is really going on and keep on swallowing the GOP propaganda?

I don't swallow anyones propaganda. I'm not a huge GWB fan but I firmly believe the invasion of Iraq was jusified and a good thing. Saddam had to be taken care of sooner or later. We were engaged in a low grade war from 1991-2003 with his Baathist regime. Two no fly zones, bombing on an almost daily basis, and sanctions that appeared to have only hurt the most vulnerable. Saddam was hoping the west tired of these punitive measures so he could be free to pursue nasty ambitions.

The mass graves, the genocide, and the numerous UN chapter 7 violations were reason enough to end their rule.

post #116 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

To a certain extent i agree but i really think we had him cornered though, under our thumb if you will.

The problem, for me with the whole thing is that UN never authorized this invasion but folks who support it seem to use UN resolutions to justify the invasion.. hmmm? I bet you're probably against the UN in the first place.

The other thing is that we attacked once sovereign nation under the premise of WMDs and yellow cake. Humanitarian intervention wasn't part of the equation when US soldiers trespassed Iraqi soils; only some months later it was found to be the most convenient answer for the moment.

Even if it was for humanitarian reasons, blitzkrieging them just doesn't seem so humanitarian to me. Plus, US is not really leading the world in fighting human rights abuses either thus, making all this humanitarian talk suspect at best. http://www.hrw.org/doc/?t=usa

in political asylum
post #117 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Now there's an unbiased source.

It's like asking a Baptist Church if Satan is at work in the world. What kind of answer would you expect?

B
post #118 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 11/22/2005 11:20 PM

Now there's an unbiased source.

B
you find shrub less biased? "we don't torture" while the pictures of our torturings are all over the internet.. you gotta be kidding me.. [:0]

in political asylum
post #119 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

ok. link me to an unbiased human rights site.

in political asylum
post #120 of 140 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
mzsmbs - 11/22/2005 11:24 PM

ok. link me to an unbiased human rights site.
I think that's his point, MZ. There are none.

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in