Date registered: Jan 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Democratic Comments supporting War

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 11/17/2005 9:56 AM

Quote:
azimuth - 11/17/2005 8:50 AM
She was a christian. This was her ONLY crime.
See, now you are giving credence to the theory that being a christian is a crime, effectively giving the terrorists in this country the stick with which to hit you, or even the knive to behead you with.
Yeah. TC, if they had you and me in a submissive position ready to kill us, which one do you think they'd enjoy beheading more?

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:14 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
560DBleu - 11/17/2005 6:07 AM

As previous post showed: all politicians in this country admitted to Iraq's possibility of having WMDs.
In light of 9/11 and US policy stated to seek out any country harboring terrorists (accepted by both aisles), this administration did what was prudent at the time.
What? Prudent my ass. Hussein controlled Iraq was not harboring terrorists. I challenge you to produce proof to the contrary because there isn't any. All politicians thought it was possible that Iraq had WMDs but only one politician (GW) took the country to war based on the "possibility".

Quote:
Especially in light of failure of Iraq to abide by UN resolutions, etc. and the fact that both parties sanctioned this war, you cannot accuse only the Republicans of starting this war and being criminals about it. If so, that blame should be placed on the Democrats as well and anyone else who believed it was the right thing to do..
I don't blame Republicans or Democrats. They didn't take us to war. George W Bush made the decision. He is responsible for it. The blame lies with GW Bush. The democrats and republicans should be blamed for allowing that moron to make it.

Quote:
Most of us are appalled about the twisted facts that were presented to all parties, but this was what we had.
How did those facts get so twisted?!?!?!? I have a pretty good idea how, do you?

Quote:
Did the US go in too quickly and unprepared?.
YES!

Quote:
How long would have been proper in this case if part of the rationale is that another 9/11 massacre or worse could be in the planning?
That was only part of Bush's propaganda rationale. Rational people knew Iraq was not an imminent threat.

Quote:
American lives were taken on 9/11 and American forces applied to a Middle East hotbed that perhaps was not prepared to wage WMDs at us....yet.
Let me make it clear. Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9-11. You're attempts att linking the 2 is disingenuous and many would call it lying.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
That Guy - 11/17/2005 10:14 AM

Let me make it clear. Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9-11. You're attempts att linking the 2 is disingenuous and many would call it lying.
Given that there are terrorists there now, and in light of recent events, do you really think it matters relative to the task at hand?

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 11/17/2005 9:09 AM
Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 11/17/2005 9:56 AM
Quote:
azimuth - 11/17/2005 8:50 AM
She was a christian. This was her ONLY crime.
See, now you are giving credence to the theory that being a christian is a crime, effectively giving the terrorists in this country the stick with which to hit you, or even the knive to behead you with.
Yeah. TC, if they had you and me in a submissive position ready to kill us, which one do you think they'd enjoy beheading more?
Probably me, for historical reasons, political reasons, and as a borderline atheist, I'm not worth the dirt a christian sh*ts on.

“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”
-- Stephen Bishop
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
560DBleu - 11/17/2005 6:07 AM

"criminal abuse of power in starting a war"

You can accuse Republicans of having an agenda, of being too religious, etc. but not this.

As previous post showed: all politicians in this country admitted to Iraq's possibility of having WMDs.
In light of 9/11 and US policy stated to seek out any country harboring terrorists (accepted by both aisles), this administration did what was prudent at the time. Especially in light of failure of Iraq to abide by UN resolutions, etc. and the fact that both parties sanctioned this war, you cannot accuse only the Republicans of starting this war and being criminals about it. If so, that blame should be placed on the Democrats as well and anyone else who believed it was the right thing to do.
Most of us are appalled about the twisted facts that were presented to all parties, but this was what we had.
The question of what to do: whether to be preemptive or wait to be attacked, is another big issue here. You have to go with what you have, and if part of the data was faulty, all US politicians acted on it. And did so willingly.
Did the US go in too quickly and unprepared?
How long would have been proper in this case if part of the rationale is that another 9/11 massacre or worse could be in the planning?
I think the US was regrouping in all respects while the war commenced.
American lives were taken on 9/11 and American forces applied to a Middle East hotbed that perhaps was not prepared to wage WMDs at us....yet.
Apparently you are too stupid to understand the term "course of action". Do you, in your right mind, ever in a million years think the Democrats would have pursued the same course of action as Bush did? Invading a country and setting up shop as dictators in that country? Here is the source of the problem: you guys are a bunch of murderering fascists who put the jackboot up people's asses. Fuck your war, man - and this is one Democrat who has said that from the first day you guys started rattling your sabres, you bunch of blood thristy bastards.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 11/17/2005 9:42 AM

Quote:

Given that there are terrorists there now, and in light of recent events, do you really think it matters relative to the task at hand?
And who made them? Think about it.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Throwing words at Dick Cheney

salon.com

Much is being made of Dick Cheney's world-turned-upside-down comments on Iraq yesterday, but AMERICAblog's John Aravosis zooms in right on the money quote. "The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone -- but we're not going to sit by and let them rewrite history," Cheney said. "We're going to continue throwing their own words back at them."

Hello?

How about these words, Mr. Vice President?

Dick Cheney, Aug. 26, 2002: "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction."

Dick Cheney, Sept. 2002: "[Saddam Hussein] has indeed stepped up his capacity to produce and deliver biological weapons ... he has reconstituted his nuclear program to develop a nuclear weapon."

Dick Cheney, March 16, 2003: "We believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."

Dick Cheney, Oct. 10, 2003: Saddam Hussein "had an established relationship with al Qaeda, providing training to al Qaeda members in the areas of poisons, gases, making conventional bombs."

Dick Cheney, Jan. 21, 2004: "I think there's overwhelming evidence that there was a connection between al-Qaida and the Iraqi government. I'm very confident that there was an established relationship there."

We could go on and on -- there are congressional reports and Web sites filled with false statements Cheney made about Iraq -- but we wouldn't want anyone to accuse us of breaching the "basic measure of truthfulness and good faith" the vice president deems appropriate in political debate. So we'll leave it with this, an oldie-but-goodie from the vice president we find ourselves remembering every time an additional U.S. soldier is killed in Iraq.

You know the one.

When Tim Russert asked the vice president in March 2003 whether Americans were ready for "a long, costly, and bloody battle with significant American casualties," Cheney said not to worry: "Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators."

-- Tim Grieve

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shane - 11/17/2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Irrelevant. Think about that.

post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shane - 11/17/2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The vast number of people we are calling "terrorists" in Iraq are men doing the same thing I would be doing in their position - killing anyone who invades and occupies my country. I simply cannot blame them for doing what all men would do in the same situation. As far as the 1% or so that are truly terrorists, I can only conclude that if our military resources were not tied down placing the fascist jackboot on the people of Iraq, they could have been expended to fight these men. We are currently fighting them in the way guaranteed to insure our defeat, playing right into their hands, by thinking that a World War II style war of occupation and Polish-style Hitlerite invasion can work - in fact, I never think it was intended to work, all it has ever been is a cover story for Bush and the oil fascist's real goal - conquest and control of Iraq.

War against terrorists require clandestine methods, high tech methods and campaigns of identification and assasination of potential threats. Instead we think our potential threat is what? An Iraqi goat farmer? It is stupid and sick.

post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in