Whos tired of all these poltical people posting in off topic - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: is anyone else as tired as i am of having all these different topics about how bush sucks and so on.
Vote to outlaw political posting 3 11.54%
YES i am tired of this crap but i dont want to ban it 5 19.23%
NO i am the liberal who posts it and thiks its part of free spech 18 69.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 02 ML 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Whos tired of all these poltical people posting in off topic

you guys are funny i know i have gotten PMed by fellow conservatives and people who are just tired of all this anti bush stuff. yes its funny to read but it gets old it seems to me a few unnamed people post a few anti bush topics a day here. well why dont you go to a anti bush site or a liberal site? I am here to liberate this off topic section back to pointless crap and random pictures. bush pictures are also allowed!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon

isnt it ironic; dont you think?

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I think when anyone pigeonholes themself with a particular group it tends to get creepy. I could not label myself as a liberal, yet I know Bush is not the right man for the job. Doesn't mean I want to fellate Ted kennedy either.

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
Andrew2004az - 11/13/2005 8:17 PM

you guys are funny i know i have gotten PMed by fellow conservatives and people who are just tired of all this anti bush stuff. yes its funny to read but it gets old it seems to me a few unnamed people post a few anti bush topics a day here. well why dont you go to a anti bush site or a liberal site? I am here to liberate this off topic section back to pointless crap and random pictures. bush pictures are also allowed!!!
You said it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46_1664307_1113200582652PM.jpg (41.9 KB, 24 views)
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

lol
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ahh, don't you just feel proud?

btw. who the hell are you coming over here and telling us what to do? get over yourself nazi boi.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Andrew2004az - 11/13/2005 5:46 PM

is anyone else as tired as i am of having all these different topics about how bush sucks and so on. why cant we have a off topic section that is useful like mbworld.
As I read this thread, it seems the only point of the post quoted above, the one originating the thread, is to impose a form of censorship. Now, it might be a little "over the top" to make a flat statement that it is because the author represents a facist movement. But the idea that because you are "tired of all these different topics about how bush sucks and so on." you should be able to prevent people from posting those topics is pretty close to you appointing yourself the censor for the Off-Topic Forum. Now, there is a pretty well established relationship between censorship and facism. So, the idea of censorship being associated with facism, and the person calling for censorship being called a facist is not completely out of the blue.

Personally, I find many of the threads likely meaningless to me, or topics I would find abrasive. So I either don't read them at all, or, I check them out and if they are not my cup of tea, I don't read them again. I would suggest if you don't like the Bush bashing, and you do like other topics, then post a few other topics you like. It is an "Off-Topic" Forum, afterall. Jim
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

What he really means is that if you continue with your rants you will be joining this group of people in the traitor list from the pro bush movement: http://www.probush.com/traitor.htm
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JimSmith - 11/13/2005 9:08 PM

Quote:
Andrew2004az - 11/13/2005 5:46 PM

is anyone else as tired as i am of having all these different topics about how bush sucks and so on. why cant we have a off topic section that is useful like mbworld.
As I read this thread, it seems the only point of the post quoted above, the one originating the thread, is to impose a form of censorship. Now, it might be a little "over the top" to make a flat statement that it is because the author represents a facist movement. But the idea that because you are "tired of all these different topics about how bush sucks and so on." you should be able to prevent people from posting those topics is pretty close to you appointing yourself the censor for the Off-Topic Forum. Now, there is a pretty well established relationship between censorship and facism. So, the idea of censorship being associated with facism, and the person calling for censorship being called a facist is not completely out of the blue.

Personally, I find many of the threads likely meaningless to me, or topics I would find abrasive. So I either don't read them at all, or, I check them out and if they are not my cup of tea, I don't read them again. I would suggest if you don't like the Bush bashing, and you do like other topics, then post a few other topics you like. It is an "Off-Topic" Forum, afterall. Jim
your right in the fact that i wasnt clear i am just tired of all political posts in a car forums off topic area and am using mbworld and DTMpower.net's off topic section as an example of what an off topic section should look like. a diversity of trash and point less stuff. in a way i am winning since you are replying to my thread and i am creating diversity in the off topic section. and in no way am i saying we should sensor or that one side is right or wrong.... some people are taking what i say out of context and using it for their own gratification. so far i have 7 votes of people who are just tired of it and only 5 that support it. i am not calling for a ban of all political talk i am just asking to lay off we dont need 3 or 4 new political topics a day are the just ridiculous and that are intended to bash one person.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

there you go bud. http://www.*****************/shopforum/ enjoy and you're welcome.

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in