LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 03 ML500, 94 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Aren't you a bit extreme?

Those illegal immigrant are not hard to catch. I see them in front of U-haul and Home Depot or hardware store. The cop doesnt seem to enforce it. I think we should send them back to whatever country on the first offense and jail them the second offense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
(Thread Starter)
RE: What America must do to compete with 'Chindia'

United States authorities have charged 13 Indian origin owners and former owners of motels in Arizona with conspiring to harbour illegal aliens, after they rented out rooms to undercover immigration officers who posed as human smugglers as part of a nine-month long sting operation.

The criminal probe primarily focussed on motels in Mesa and began in February 2005, the department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a release.

Each of the defendants in the case is charged with one count of conspiring to harbour illegal aliens, an offense that carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 (about Rs 1.1 crore) fine.

The ICE has provided a list of the establishments that were targetted and the defendants associated with each of the businesses.

The results of the investigation were announced in Phoenix by US Attorney Paul K Charlton and ICE Special Agent-in-Charge Roberto G Medina.

According to the indictments, on numerous occasions, the defendants rented rooms to undercover officers posing as human smugglers, with some charging the smugglers higher rates than their ordinary customers.

The indictments have described in detail how some of the defendants allegedly coached the undercover officers on ways to conceal their smuggling activities, including advising them to register under false names and rent multiple rooms.

Thanks, D.

2006 ML 350 - Black, Appearance Package, Navigation System, Entertainment Package, Sunroof Package, Heated Seats, IPod Integration
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004

Quote:
kvining - 11/11/2005 9:49 AM

End American dependence on foreign energy sources, wwhich will free up trillions in capital currently being exported to oil fascists every day, for improvement of the domestic economy, while stimulating jobs and growth in science and mathematics

End the Space Program, and replace it with a similiar national inititive to do the above and another to make huge advancements in robotics and other machine methods that can compete with slave labor.

Convert the US government to a representative parlamentary democracy, and convert states into simple administrative districts instead of inefficient, argumentative mini-nations constantly at cultural war with one another, eliminating an unnecessary and increasing expensive layer of government that corrupts our schools with religious claptrap and ignorance pushed by religious fascists.

Institute a national ID card system, and use it to enforce the employment laws.

Put employers of illegal aliens in prison.

Kick all the fucking Mexicans out of the country

Economics 101. Of course, your forefathers probably sailed into NYC uninvited escaping poverty, slave wages, famine and endless potato/cabbage/(insert bland vegetable here) dishes on the outskirts of Europe and that didn't seem to hurt the US economy.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '05 CLK 320, '95 Honda Civic (let the tuning begin....)

Education, education, education (sprinkled with some motivation) for our children. Provide a world class education for our children, lead our country to re-embrace moral standing and family values that we used to be known for. America has lost its moral compass. Asians have this figured out - their culture breeds respect for education, elders, and hard work. Asian families stay together, respect each other - and they bring their elderly family members closer - they dont send them away to "retirement communities". Americans have long forgotten hard work.

Isolationism is just prolonging the enevitable failure. Instead of trying to control what other countries are doing - we need to improve ourselves. If other countries are taking the jobs from us - we need to create new jobs (via innovation that is bred by education).....

Federalize the construction of schools - freeing up local property taxes to pay for better teachers and cirriculum...

Blow up every damn TV in america - the F*)*(*in boob tube is sucking the brains out of america and it's youth. Our children are more focused on having a cell phone and winning a pepsi contest so they can shake their booty on MTV than they are with improving themselves. Far too many children are focused on a single big payoff - and know nothing of work ethic or the value of a dollar.

I am a technical person by trade. We are trying to hire 3 engineers at our firm. I have received 100+ resume's for the positions. There are literally only 11 candidates that will make the paperwork cut. Out of those 11, maybe 1 or 2 will be worthy. Most americans are dumb (yes I mean dumb, not ignorant) - until that changes we are set up for failure.

Other countries are beating us becuase they dont sit around and watch the damn TV all the time. We are marketing zombies. We should invest in education for our children - as only an educated employee pool will breed innovation (what america is known for).

"I may be a geek - but it pays for the car!!"...
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj

Since all the stuff on eBay is made in Chindia they should offer a partnership and form eBay-sia so that the USA can garner a percentage of global consumption without adversely affecting the cost to the consuumer.

Similarly it would also remove useless shipping and re-shipping which adds to needless cost and global warming by transport.

Goods could be sold directly from the factory floor thus removing 17 layers of the manufacture-retail pyramid scheme called distribution.

Similarly if the goods didnt meet eBaysia standards they would no longer be made.

It would also have a more interesting consequence that finally after 15 years Babelfish would finally work properly as there is no way anyone can understand those foreign call centres or shipped assembly instructions.

One prohibition would be that nothing sold in IKEA would be sold on Ebaysia as that stuff is already cheap crap and forcing the price down would destroy its allure of being cutting edge Swedish design. Of course a SAAB is also such a product and if it wssnt way overpriced no one would drive it.

I wonder if the Chindians would buy anything made in the USA or if the photos would simply spawn a knock-off industry. Merely listing your article would allow Chindians to realise there may be a demand and several hours later a lower quality, new in box, cheaper version would be on sale. Admittedly made from painted newspaper but it looks and works the same way unless it is removed from the box and batteries are inserted.

Who would regulate that ? The BritSwiss ?

Modz ... enjoy the difference. www.benzmodz.com
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:50 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Atoche

Ahh baloney! We had Soul Train and American Bandstand and lots and lots and lots and lots of dope.
My kid is a straight A student and so are his braniac friends. They're aware of all the Paris Hilton-ish trash but are thankfully above it. Don't be an old farty pants

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:51 PM
BenzWorld Member

Hmmmmmm.... so to compete with Chindia we should expand Ebay? WTF?? [xx(]

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:52 PM
BenzWorld Member

That tells me you are a good parent, Thrill (refreshing).... **not that you need me to affirm that**

post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005

Quote:
Atoche - 11/11/2005 11:31 PM

Education, education, education (sprinkled with some motivation) for our children. Provide a world class education for our children, lead our country to re-embrace moral standing and family values that we used to be known for. America has lost its moral compass. Asians have this figured out - their culture breeds respect for education, elders, and hard work. Asian families stay together, respect each other - and they bring their elderly family members closer - they dont send them away to "retirement communities". Americans have long forgotten hard work.

Isolationism is just prolonging the enevitable failure. Instead of trying to control what other countries are doing - we need to improve ourselves. If other countries are taking the jobs from us - we need to create new jobs (via innovation that is bred by education).....

Federalize the construction of schools - freeing up local property taxes to pay for better teachers and cirriculum...

Blow up every damn TV in america - the F*)*(*in boob tube is sucking the brains out of america and it's youth. Our children are more focused on having a cell phone and winning a pepsi contest so they can shake their booty on MTV than they are with improving themselves. Far too many children are focused on a single big payoff - and know nothing of work ethic or the value of a dollar.

I am a technical person by trade. We are trying to hire 3 engineers at our firm. I have received 100+ resume's for the positions. There are literally only 11 candidates that will make the paperwork cut. Out of those 11, maybe 1 or 2 will be worthy. Most americans are dumb (yes I mean dumb, not ignorant) - until that changes we are set up for failure.

Other countries are beating us becuase they dont sit around and watch the damn TV all the time. We are marketing zombies. We should invest in education for our children - as only an educated employee pool will breed innovation (what america is known for).

TV is not the only problem. How bout video games? The violance in these games are horendous. People cutting off heads with swords and shit. No kid has business playing that crap.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
v8crazy - 11/10/2005 8:56 PM

I remember when I was in school we read about the- Japanese workers who worked long hours for little money.Nowdays they work less hours and want more money.
I don't think Chinese or India's workers will always work for peanuts.They will eventually get as greedy as the rest of us.With increased wages Walmart can't "sell for less"
if u wathced the 4 hour special on Walm-Mart China INC., u'd know that they will ALWAYS have low prices...they have virtual WAL MART CITIES there, where all the goods u see on the shelf here, made in china, is made, for walmart, by "walmart" people, who live and work and shop on the wal mart facility, its quite grand....i have respect for theit company now, and like to shop there......its the WORLDS BEST store......why shouldnt a World's Best car driver not shop there.....[;)]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in