Bush breaks Carter's record for lowest poll ratings - now heads the for the big one: NIXON'S - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 06:48 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Bush breaks Carter's record for lowest poll ratings - now heads the for the big one: NIXON'S

Quote:
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 11/5/2005 8:50 PM

As far as defending our country is concerned, pro-active defense sometimes means attacking those who would do us ill before they attack us.

EEK!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 07:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Bush breaks Carter's record for lowest poll ratings - now heads the for the big one: NIXON'S

Quote:
ThrillKill - 11/6/2005 8:48 AM

Quote:

As far as defending our country is concerned, pro-active defense sometimes means attacking those who would do us ill before they attack us.

EEK!
Those youths know that their rewards in fighting you, the USA, is double than their rewards in fighting some one else not from the people of the book. They have no intention except to enter paradise by killing you. An infidel, and enemy of God like you, cannot be in the same hell with his righteous executioner.
post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

In direct response to a question regarding our invasion of Iraq, Bush responded with "the enemy attacked us". It was such an embarrassingly stupid remark, that Kerry found it necessary to remind Bush who Osama Bin Laden was.

Germany and France are not in the region. Turkey, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are -- they are U.S. allies, and actually border Iraq. Which one of Iraq's frightened neighbors asked for our assistance in regard to the dreaded Iraqi threat? Unless Iraq has a nuclear-powered U-Boat fleet buried in the desert somewhere, I think it's safe to assume that since they were no threat to their neighbors, they were no threat to us, half a world away.

No one is laughing his ass off more than Bin Laden at GW's attack of the infidel dog Saddam Hussein. Bin Laden predicted such an action, therefore hoped it would occur. By invading Iraq and taking his eye off the target, GW is actually doing Bin Laden's bidding for him.

You seem to be confusing Iraq's leadership with Muslim extremists -- they were not. You're describing the actions of Palestinians and ascribing that behavior to Iraq. Sorry, it just ain't so. Iraq posed no threat whatsoever to the U.S. or anyone else beyond the bounds of their own borders (with a possible exception of Israel, who should take care of themselves), unlike Iran, N. Korea, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. So the motivation to invade Iraq clearly lies elsewhere. Regardless, you don't invade a sovereign nation and kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians on a hunch. It's obscene.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 11/6/2005 5:11 AM

I believe it to be a logical fallacy to jump from denying that Iraq was completely responsible for 9-11 to saying it was totally not involved.
It is possible to be involved at some level less than complete responsibility.
As others post to me, " Think Gray"
It is, and if that is your justification, perhaps we should just invade everyone. In fact, since the U.S. was not only harboring terrorists, but training them to fly airplanes, we should probably invade ourselves first. It's a dangerous world out there, you know. Perhaps we should rise up and rule the whole world! Wait -- someone else tried that a little while back, didn't they?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 09:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Benz4Dirt&Sky - 11/5/2005 9:22 PM

Quote:
ThrillKill - 11/5/2005 9:11 PM

Quote:
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 11/5/2005 8:06 PM

Leading is hard. Reading polls is easy.

There are people in this world who want you and your family dead because you believe it is acceptable for women to vote, work, go to school, and wear bikinis. They want you dead because you watch Hollywood films and allow alchohol to be sold in your country.

It ain't that simple, although it's easier to pretend that it is.

I was disappointed you didn't say "Hate us for our freedom" next.
post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 09:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]lovemyc280 - 11/6/2005 11:43 AM

Quote:
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 11/5/2005 9:22 PM

Quote:
ThrillKill - 11/5/2005 9:11 PM

Quote:
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 11/5/2005 8:06 PM

Leading is hard. Reading polls is easy.

There are people in this world who want you and your family dead because you believe it is acceptable for women to vote, work, go to school, and wear bikinis. They want you dead because you watch Hollywood films and allow alchohol to be sold in your country.

It ain't that simple, although it's easier to pretend that it is.

I was disappointed you didn't say "Hate us for our freedom" next.
Split hairs all you want. They want you dead too.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 10:05 AM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Botnst - 11/6/2005 8:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

EEK!
Those youths know that their rewards in fighting you, the USA, is double than their rewards in fighting some one else not from the people of the book. They have no intention except to enter paradise by killing you. An infidel, and enemy of God like you, cannot be in the same hell with his righteous executioner.
I can't put it better than Ron so I won't even try. I'm aware of the insanity perpetuated by the Muslim extremists, an ideology so un-American that it's difficult to fathom. I don't believe OBL will ever be killed or even captured. To create a martyr for these rabid killers would be the worst thing possible. I still look at it from both sides however. We look at them as senseless murderers and they look at us as the Great Satan. Facts and reality are unimportant. Their social conditioning has told them what to believe as has ours. We are now viewed as the aggressor in their country so their numbers will only increase in an effort to expel us. This issue cannot be stopped with violence as for them the big payoff is a martyr’s death in battle. Conversely, I'm not ready to live life as a Muslim just yet. Why we have not legalized trained death squads to covertly exterminate the leaders of these movements is beyond me. I still recall the attempt to kill Ghaddafi who had taken refuge under a canvas tarp. Somehow, inexplicably the bomb missed him. Give me a break! Something stank then as it does in this latest game.

post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 11/6/2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EEK!
I can't put it better than Ron so I won't even try. I'm aware of the insanity perpetuated by the Muslim extremists, an ideology so un-American that it's difficult to fathom. I don't believe OBL will ever be killed or even captured. To create a martyr for these rabid killers would be the worst thing possible. I still look at it from both sides however. We look at them as senseless murderers and they look at us as the Great Satan. Facts and reality are unimportant. Their social conditioning has told them what to believe as has ours. We are now viewed as the aggressor in their country so their numbers will only increase in an effort to expel us. This issue cannot be stopped with violence as for them the big payoff is a martyr’s death in battle. Conversely, I'm not ready to live life as a Muslim just yet. Why we have not legalized trained death squads to covertly exterminate the leaders of these movements is beyond me. I still recall the attempt to kill Ghaddafi who had taken refuge under a canvas tarp. Somehow, inexplicably the bomb missed him. Give me a break! Something stank then as it does in this latest game.
Let me see if I have this right.

In your world:
People cannot think for themselves but only follow social conditioning;
Assassination squads are okay (in central America, they're properly called, Death Squads);
Assassination of political leaders is okay;
and bombs never miss their targets unless some nefarious hidden purpose so directs them.

Bot
post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
..........This issue cannot be stopped with violence as for them the big payoff is a martyr’s death in battle. Conversely, I'm not ready to live life as a Muslim just yet. Why we have not legalized trained death squads to covertly exterminate the leaders of these movements is beyond me......

This issue will be resolved the way the most aggressive opponent decides it will be resolved. One side forces it's will on the other through violence. it is the way of the world historically.

My advice would be to prepare for the the hordes that will someday come. If you are not prepared to be a Muslim, and they are willing to take your life if you refuse to be one, then what?

Bot posted a link on one of these fora that he titled "Here's Johnny". It is a perfect punctuation for my position. However, I cannot find it expeditiously. Perhaps he would be kind enough to link it here for your perusal.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 11:05 AM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Botnst - 11/6/2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EEK!
Let me see if I have this right.

In your world:
People cannot think for themselves but only follow social conditioning;
Assassination squads are okay (in central America, they're properly called, Death Squads);
Assassination of political leaders is okay;
and bombs never miss their targets unless some nefarious hidden purpose so directs them.

Bot
I think "Do not" is more appropriate as we surely "Can" if we choose to.
Given the choice, taking out the leaders we've deemed evil as opposed to carpet bombing urban areas in an attempt to kill the enemy like a blind squirrel finding a nut, is favorable to me. I don't think we could tarnish our image anymore than it is already.
I reiterate. Creating martyrs is their whole gig. They cannot excel with their limited resources against the most powerful and dare I say intelligent military force in the world. The pen is still mightier than the sword, so to speak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in