Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Definition of a total loser

"Brownie"
salon.com

In the Bush administration, everybody is a comedian
We took the president to task yesterday for joking about the outing of Valerie Plame as U.S. soldiers were being killed in Iraq. We thought the president's ill-timed sense of humor showed a certain lack of sensitivity, but it turns out that -- in the Bush administration, at least -- it's all part and parcel of doing a "heck of a job."

According to email messages just released, FEMA Director Michael Brown was making jokes about his wardrobe as Hurricane Katrina threatened America's Gulf Coast. When Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs, told Brown on Aug. 29 that he looked "fabulous," he replied: "I got it at Nordstroms. . . . Are you proud of me?" Brown followed up an hour later with this: "If you’ll look at my lovely FEMA attire you’ll really vomit. I am a fashion god." Several days later, as criticism of FEMA began to mount, Taylor offered her boss some sartorial advice: "Please roll up the sleeves of your shirt … all shirts. Even the President rolled his sleeves to just below the elbow. In this cris[is] and on TV you just need to look more hard-working … ROLL UP THE SLEEVES."

The email exchange is one of many from FEMA that Louisiana Rep. Charlie Melancon has posted on his Web site. Other emails underscore Brown's failure to respond promptly to the emergency that was then unfolding. When a FEMA employee on the ground in New Orleans reported to Brown on Aug. 31 that thousands of people were gathering in the streets without food and water and that there were estimates that many of victims of Katrina would "die within hours," Brown's response was this: "Thanks for the update. Anything specific I need to do or tweak?"

At least Brown responded to that email quickly. Another email, reporting an offer of medical supplies, apparently languished in Brown's inbox for four days before he responded. To be fair, Brown had a lot on his plate in the early days of Katrina, and it's probably unreasonable to expect him to have acted on every email message he received. That said, the man the president picked to handle national disasters did find time to send email messages aimed at bolstering his reputation in the press -- and at helping his wife find someone to take care of the Brown family dog.

-- Tim Grieve

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: Definition of a total loser

Why beat a scapegoat, even if it is truly deserving?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Shane - 11/3/2005 12:23 PM
Orange juice tastes better in the "with pulp" variety. Same principle here, beat him to a pulp, it's a matter of taste!

For a limited time only, get saved for 5% of your earnings, payable on a weekly basis.
Offer valid for new customers only. Void where prohibited. <font color=#EEEEEE><b>Nuke Mecca!</b></font>
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:42 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Jesus, Lord Savior - 11/3/2005 11:29 AM

Quote:
Shane - 11/3/2005 12:23 PM
Orange juice tastes better in the "with pulp" variety. Same principle here, beat him to a pulp, it's a matter of taste!
Such a wise remark! No wonder you beat out all those Greek gods to establish yourself as the one and only. BTW, which religion is right?

PS Would it upset you if I told you there are rumors you lived a gay lifestyle before mankind off'd you?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
(Thread Starter)

Is it true you can no longer walk on water due to the holes in your feet? Also, for the record,would you pass judgement on this:?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
kvining - 11/3/2005 2:34 PM
Is it true you can no longer walk on water due to the holes in your feet?
No.
The buoyancy of my feet has less to do with my ability to walk on water than the state of inebriation of the people reporting that fable, and even less than the credulity, or naïveté of the ignorant public at large.

Quote:
kvining - 11/3/2005 2:34 PM
Also, for the record,would you pass judgement on this:?
Sure.
If I did not think that gay sex was good, would I have invented it?

I have endowed myself with a second penile appendage, so I no longer indulge in gay sex, but why do you think I enjoyed wearing robes, sandals, and long hair in my time with you?

Little faith, kvining, little faith indeed!

For a limited time only, get saved for 5% of your earnings, payable on a weekly basis.
Offer valid for new customers only. Void where prohibited. <font color=#EEEEEE><b>Nuke Mecca!</b></font>
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Shane - 11/3/2005 12:42 PM
PS Would it upset you if I told you there are rumors you lived a gay lifestyle before mankind off'd you?
See my response to your fellow benzworld.orger above.
I must say that your wet dreams have been quite interesting lately, but two men at once, for your fragile effeminate frame?

Oh, and btw, on the subject of dreams...
MrDonut is not a heterosexual, as everybody had long suspected, nor is he a homosexual! He is and will remain an autosexual. I ask you, ain't he self serving? Ain't he?

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

http://www.whitehouse.org/ask/mbrown.asp

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:51 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Jesus, Lord Savior - 11/3/2005 2:27 PM

Quote:
Shane - 11/3/2005 12:42 PM
See my response to your fellow benzworld.orger above.
I must say that your wet dreams have been quite interesting lately, but two men at once, for your fragile effeminate frame?

Oh, and btw, on the subject of dreams...
MrDonut is not a heterosexual, as everybody had long suspected, nor is he a homosexual! He is and will remain an autosexual. I ask you, ain't he self serving? Ain't he?
Just two? Please. If you were truly all knowing you would know that that record was passed long ago. Opps for you! But relax, I do have sympathy for you and the Rolling Stones for that matter. I jsut do not need my red door painted black at this moment.
Your correct. Mr Donut is very self serving. I bet he can lick his own! (as he gets older his back will stop such foolishness!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in