so what about Benzes and counter-culture? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
(Thread Starter)
RE: so what about Benzes and counter-culture?

i never said anything about the *car* being bad.

i said the dash *design* is atrocious. it does not belong in a mercedes benz, this is not a comment about quality, it is one of aesthetics.

i especially like how the center stack turns into an hourglass from the vents to the ACC panel. are any of these panels the same width?

is the vent control trim a curved w123 part? do they normally come with a better trim package? i am assuming this is a US spec car because of the ACC panel, but one cant really tell by that alone.

it just lacks something. maybe its the no chrome anywhere thing? maybe its the crazy 3/5 of the dash cluster design.

it just is not right.

i do not wish to make a "which oil is better" thread of this, but please tell me how this design is a success. other than the fact that it covers all the crap underneath it and holds the instrumentation/trappings in place?

pretend its a new design and this is critique day.

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 560 SEL Euro

i have some pics form the hippie fest my friend went to.. they have mercedes and lexus in the parking.. this one one real hippie fest with over 20K real hippies!!

Fuel economy!! whats that??
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 03:35 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 404S

Now here's a much better looking Mercedes dash:

[;)]

http://heidilandrover.webeden.co.uk

VJMC EMLRA EAFVG
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 04:39 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
old300D - 11/1/2005 3:04 PM

They are reliable, simple, and cheap, everything the VW beetle used to be, and now that petroluem fuels are funding war (or is it the other way around?), it's a powerful anti-war statement.

Put that in your pipe and tell me your dreams.
yeah, they make quite a statement.....'specially how we "insanely" pay 3.47 a gallon for diesel, instead of getting some kia crap car.....
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 07:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
AMSOIL300CDT - 11/3/2005 4:39 PM

Quote:
old300D - 11/1/2005 3:04 PM

They are reliable, simple, and cheap, everything the VW beetle used to be, and now that petroluem fuels are funding war (or is it the other way around?), it's a powerful anti-war statement.

Put that in your pipe and tell me your dreams.
yeah, they make quite a statement.....'specially how we "insanely" pay 3.47 a gallon for diesel, instead of getting some kia crap car.....
Who's "we"? I pay $0.70 per gallon for homemade BIODIESEL. It's a better fuel than petro-diesel, pollutes less, grown in America, and doesn't fund terrorists.

OBK #35

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon
(Thread Starter)

not everyone is capable of "refining" their own.

this whole "biodiesel is the future and if you dont make it your self, youre one of "them" bullshit is getting old, old.

its akin to lecturing people on the evils of buying imported herbs. or cars... imagine that...people buying *domestic* products....

"OMG! you used imported saffron in this rice? you know that funds terrorists, dont you?"

i dont like terrorism as much as your next cowardly, anti-social pisces artist type. i dont like pollution as much as the next tree-hugger in the line, either....

but please forgive me for not brewing my own fuel-- i'm too busy choking on my own fear....

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 10:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
iNeon - 11/4/2005 10:06 AM

not everyone is capable of "refining" their own.

this whole "biodiesel is the future and if you dont make it your self, youre one of "them" bullshit is getting old, old.

its akin to lecturing people on the evils of buying imported herbs. or cars... imagine that...people buying *domestic* products....

"OMG! you used imported saffron in this rice? you know that funds terrorists, dont you?"

i dont like terrorism as much as your next cowardly, anti-social pisces artist type. i dont like pollution as much as the next tree-hugger in the line, either....

but please forgive me for not brewing my own fuel-- i'm too busy choking on my own fear....
Well, that's an interesting perspective, but I don't believe I've been separating all of us into "us" versus "them". I was merely trying to communicate why I, a "tree-hugging hippie" (your words) drives a W123 diesel. It's cheap because there are thousands of used parts in pull-it-yourself parts yards, and the fuel is dirt cheap too. It just so happens the cheap stuff is also the best for the car, the environment and national security.

It's a personal choice, so don't get offended because you aren't able to make it.

OBK #35

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

im not offended because i cannot make it. i am college educated-- surely i am capable of making it.

the part that does offend me is the insinuation that because i do not, that i am willingly contributing money to terrorist orginizations both american and foreign.

if i could buy it here(alabama) i would, but it is not available so i cannot. maybe on my trip to ohio i will be able to find some and try it out. i know my injectors need a good cleaning.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 11:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
iNeon - 11/4/2005 10:56 AM

im not offended because i cannot make it. i am college educated-- surely i am capable of making it.

the part that does offend me is the insinuation that because i do not, that i am willingly contributing money to terrorist orginizations both american and foreign.

if i could buy it here(alabama) i would, but it is not available so i cannot. maybe on my trip to ohio i will be able to find some and try it out. i know my injectors need a good cleaning.
With the way things work in this country it's impossible to stop buying all petroleum products. My wife still drives a gasser, and I haven't yet replaced my truck with a diesel. I still use petroluem based lubricants in our automobiles, and most of the crap my family buys has plastic in it and comes from China.

Fact remains we are selling the country out by paying for imported petroluem and cheap Chinese junk. I am making efforts to reduce the amount, and I give support to elected officials with the same goals. It's good you take offense at the "insinuation", most moral people would, but I am not giving offense. What you choose to do as a result of being offended is what you will have to live with.

OBK #35

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

vote nall, ya'll!

http://www.nallforgovernor.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in