US Death Toll in Iraq reaches 2,000 mark, with tens of thousands of more wounded, maimed - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:39 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 MB 560 SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: US Death Toll in Iraq reaches 2,000 mark, with tens of thousands of more wounded, maimed

Quote:
i would go and vote, until i have an option, i refuse
As far as I'm concerned, if you don't exercise your right to vote, you shouldn't exercise your right to bitch...either be apart of the deal, or not. Since the very first time I voted in a federal election, it wasn't so much voting for someone as opposed to voting against someone.

mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
RE: US Death Toll in Iraq reaches 2,000 mark, with tens of thousands of more wounded, maimed

Quote:
mark2280 - 10/25/2005 4:18 PM
Having been in Baghdad during the first election, winning to the Iraqis, was voting. Having seen people risk their lives to vote for the first time, well, I certainly won't ever miss a chance to vote again. You want to complain about stratagies, complain about the 50% of the registered American voters that don't vote. As long as no one here cares enough to vote, we continue to get elected leaders like Bush & Clinton.
Maybe if some foreign country staged an invasion of the US, our citizenry would be so inclined to vote en masse?

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 10/25/2005 6:38 PM
Call Bush a Nazi all you want
It would not be fair to call Bush a Nazi. Nazis invaded Poland in less time that it takes Bush to tie his shoes, whereas total victory of our forces in Iraq has yet to be achieved, in what, the third year?

-- Stephen Bishop
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 10/26/2005 8:13 AM

Quote:
mark2280 - 10/25/2005 4:18 PM
Having been in Baghdad during the first election, winning to the Iraqis, was voting. Having seen people risk their lives to vote for the first time, well, I certainly won't ever miss a chance to vote again. You want to complain about stratagies, complain about the 50% of the registered American voters that don't vote. As long as no one here cares enough to vote, we continue to get elected leaders like Bush & Clinton.
Maybe if some foreign country staged an invasion of the US, our citizenry would be so inclined to vote en masse?
YES, most likely, i would............
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JimSmith - 10/25/2005 7:01 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 10/25/2005 5:45 PM
Oh, you're not going to like this place. I'm betting somebody will call you a Nazi sympathizer pretty soon.

Those guys have been really excited at the approaching 2k mark. It reminds me of their frenzied frothing for 1k.

Botnst
Bot, 'fess up, you like it when that Nazi label comes out. I think you have used the threat of it coming from others more often than anyone has actually tried to pin it on Bush and his team lately. I think it must get your blood stirred up. And what's with the frenzied frothing over the 2k dead issue? It is just another American boy's life given up by a country for some unenunciated goal when the conflict started, that we would likely never have backed as a nation, after having watched 1999 of our boys come home in flag covered boxes. I mean, what the hell is the excitement about? Why get in a frenzied, frothing state? Looks like another 56,152 have to go by our standard set in Vietnam before we acknowledge we don't have a just cause, leave, and end the killing. That is a long way to go.

According to the statistics of how many more Iraqis and others making up the local population that die for every American that loses his life bringing democracy to Iraq, that should translate to about 1,000,000 to 3,000,000 or more of these lesser humans that we must also kill before the killing at the instigation of America or hands of Americans in Iraq stops.

We once had a debate going on whether or not a nuke on 9/12/2001 would have been a bigger or smaller crime against humanity than this slow killing business. That was when we thought Osamma=Saddam and Al Qaieda = Iraqis or something like that and we were going in to Iraq to rid us of the immediate threat Saddam posed to the United States. The prospect of killing several million Iraqis in the name of defending America from 9/11 attacks, while Osamma is gleefully screwing as many virgins as he can, where ever he is, just fails any common sense test.

We need to face the fact that we suck unbelievably at this kind of warfare. We should therefore either get really good at it, kind of be a super power at it, or, stop pretending to be a super power when we make it apparent we can't hold our own if someone does kill a couple thousand of us at a time, or, be a freaking superpower and use our superpower skills and capabilities when we have to get aggressive and win.

The key is "have to get aggressive" and how you make that determination. Big time weapons that kill tens of thousands in an instant require a lot more serious consideration before the trigger is pulled. "Little" skirmishes where there is a lot of posturing with airplanes and ships, or "shock and awe" campaigns, can apparently be started without any actual brainpower being applied. Another reason to stop those tactics. Even Bush was taken aback at the idea of using nukes.

We should make the effort to get "safer" nukes, nukes that still kill tens of thousands, but don't make the area uninhabitable for decades. We should also lower the threshold for using such weapons, so that we can actually defend ourselves with them and stop getting goaded into these situations where we agree to confront an enemy on his turf, using his rules of engagement when we have all the evidence we need that we suck at that. We should also feel free to take direct action to stop others from developing similar weapons. Jim
The best way to attempt to avoid the truth of something is to belittle and trivialize it. The truth is simple: the invasion of Iraq was no different from Hitler's invasion of Poland, a pre-meditated act of military murder for the purpose of controlling another country's natural resources, based on a moral system that says it is ok to kill other people's kids so me and my small group of pals can enjoy more power and wealth. Bot has constantly endorsed the idea that it is ok for America to steal other country's natural resources, and to kill our own kids and murder the inhabitants of other countries in the process. Fuck all you Nazi bastards.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Botnst - 10/25/2005 7:38 PM

Call Bush a Nazi all you want, I didn't vote for him and he ain't kin.

I don't especially care for it when some lame-brained, knuckle-dragging cocksucker uses that name on me. But who's complaining?
I am sure you appreciate it as much as I do some Nazi cocksucker saying I enjoy the deaths of these men.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:38 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 MB 560 SEC

Quote:
invasion of Iraq was no different from Hitler's invasion of Poland, a pre-meditated act of military murder for the purpose of controlling another country's natural resources
nonsense...

mark
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
mark2280 - 10/26/2005 2:38 PM

Quote:
invasion of Iraq was no different from Hitler's invasion of Poland, a pre-meditated act of military murder for the purpose of controlling another country's natural resources
nonsense...
Useless comment without an explanation. Contrast the two invasions.

OBK #35

post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

By virtue of proximity, one could forward the notion that Poland was actually more of a threat to Germany than Iraq was to the U.S.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
old300D - 10/26/2005 3:44 PM

Quote:
mark2280 - 10/26/2005 2:38 PM

Quote:
nonsense...
Useless comment without an explanation. Contrast the two invasions.
1) It was them, now it's us.
2) The axis of evil was the invador, we are invading the axis of evil.

Forgot the tongue in cheek thingie

-- Stephen Bishop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in