Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Location: John 15:18-19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Great phone company story...
Folks, I didn't see this one on the forum, it's been circulating e-mail for a couple of years, but if you haven't seen it, it's very funny.
An elderly lady phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called -- and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.
On pulling the service ticket and reading the complaint, the telephone repairman moved it to the top of his list, curious to see this psychic dog .... or the senile elderly lady.
He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the customer's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring. Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog had been tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel leash and studded collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 96 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start
moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus
causing the phone to ring.
Which goes to show that some problems can be fixed by pissing and moaning.