Bork "borks" Meirs - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
RE: Bork "borks" Meirs

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46_1625576_1011200590009AM.jpg (56.4 KB, 44 views)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 09:55 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That says it all N4B! Nice!
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 10/10/2005 9:01 PM

KV,
When I filter out the vitriole and hyperbole, I think I essentially agree with your analysis. ( Amazing, isn't it!)
The problem, as I see it, is that there was no alternative to Bush. The dems put up a totally unelectable candidate. Kerry is/was as dishonest as you feel GW is. Kerry still has not fully released his miltary record, yet claims he has. What he has released is an edited version; not the full record. He has never signed the form to permit the full release of his records. Ordinarily, that may not be so much of a big deal, except he made it so imprtant. Sorry, I just can't trust him.
Its one thing to point out the errors of your opponent; its another to offer some positive leadership of your own. So far the dems have failed at the second part of that requirement.

Jim, Some parts of the New Deal may have been necessary, but that doesn't mean that the whole thing was a good deal for America. Social Security is still nothing more than a Ponzi scheme that will bankrupt us sooner or later. Worse, still the New Deal brought the expectation that government will step in and make everything better. That attitude is destructive to the human spirit. Self reliance is always better than waiting for someone else to do something to help you out.
If you would rather have a president who committs mass murder on innocent people in order to enrich his pals over someone who fudges their military records, well then that is why this country is such a huge fucking mess. We have one huge mass of morally screwed up people in this country.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
kvining - 10/11/2005 2:27 PM

Quote:

KV,
When I filter out the vitriole and hyperbole, I think I essentially agree with your analysis. ( Amazing, isn't it!)
The problem, as I see it, is that there was no alternative to Bush. The dems put up a totally unelectable candidate. Kerry is/was as dishonest as you feel GW is. Kerry still has not fully released his miltary record, yet claims he has. What he has released is an edited version; not the full record. He has never signed the form to permit the full release of his records. Ordinarily, that may not be so much of a big deal, except he made it so imprtant. Sorry, I just can't trust him.
Its one thing to point out the errors of your opponent; its another to offer some positive leadership of your own. So far the dems have failed at the second part of that requirement.

Jim, Some parts of the New Deal may have been necessary, but that doesn't mean that the whole thing was a good deal for America. Social Security is still nothing more than a Ponzi scheme that will bankrupt us sooner or later. Worse, still the New Deal brought the expectation that government will step in and make everything better. That attitude is destructive to the human spirit. Self reliance is always better than waiting for someone else to do something to help you out.
If you would rather have a president who committs mass murder on innocent people in order to enrich his pals over someone who fudges their military records, well then that is why this country is such a huge fucking mess. We have one huge mass of morally screwed up people in this country.

Dead on KV. Trouble is, each group is pointing to the other as immoral and only one of them is right.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 05:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 10/11/2005 5:42 PM

Quote:
kvining - 10/11/2005 2:27 PM

Quote:

KV,

Dead on KV. Trouble is, each group is pointing to the other as immoral and only one of them is right.
Naw, they're both probably right to some degree, but their blind-ass hardcore supporters can't see truth even when it bites them.

Bot
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD

Azi,
The alternative is that neither is right. probably closer to the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in