Bush only three points from from tying Carter's record for lowest approval rating - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Bush only three points from from tying Carter's record for lowest approval rating

Quote:
dantefr - 9/23/2005 1:11 PM

kvining,
Please refrain from using such language... The F-word is not necessary.... Now, you want to discuss the recent tragedy from Katrina?!? Well let's examine the situation, it is the LOCAL government's job and roll to order an evacuation of a major city. IF the federal government I.E the President ordered the evacuation, it is a violation of the implied powers of the States, written in the U.S Constitution (the most sacred document of all time). I would be willing to bet that if the President or the Federal Gov't did order the evacuation, you would be ranting and raving about the president overstepping his boundries and acting like a dictator. Since he didn't order the evacuation, you call him a terrible leader for not doing so... No matter what the President did, he is going to be attacked by certain people in this country. I remember when Clinton purposed a similar social security plan in the mid 90's and recieved overwelming support from fellow democrats, but those same democrats now don't agree.... Another example of Bush being in a "catch 22" Oh and let's keep in mind, he was re-elected by over 51% and had the one of the largest vote margin in history, not bad for a "guy (who) can't even manage a thunderstorm"
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job" [:D]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 93 500SEL & 99 S500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush only three points from from tying Carter's record for lowest approval rating

Kind of off topic, but GermanStar, i just wanted you know, I have spent thousands of dollars at your store for parts for my Benz, but I have a feeling I may be looking for a new vendor for my parts.... I don't let politics sway my business decisions, but being called names is one big turn off with me, this is a discussion forum, everyone should be treated with respect and offer their opinions and research. It is not necessary to put others down and use nasty unnecessary remarks! I urge everyone in every forum to treat the other members with respect!!! We do not agree politically, and I enjoy having intellegent conversations about the matter, but name calling is not necessary!
post #133 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
dantefr - 9/23/2005 4:11 PM

kvining,
Please refrain from using such language... The F-word is not necessary.... Now, you want to discuss the recent tragedy from Katrina?!? Well let's examine the situation, it is the LOCAL government's job and roll to order an evacuation of a major city. IF the federal government I.E the President ordered the evacuation, it is a violation of the implied powers of the States, written in the U.S Constitution (the most sacred document of all time). I would be willing to bet that if the President or the Federal Gov't did order the evacuation, you would be ranting and raving about the president overstepping his boundries and acting like a dictator. Since he didn't order the evacuation, you call him a terrible leader for not doing so... No matter what the President did, he is going to be attacked by certain people in this country. I remember when Clinton purposed a similar social security plan in the mid 90's and recieved overwelming support from fellow democrats, but those same democrats now don't agree.... Another example of Bush being in a "catch 22" Oh and let's keep in mind, he was re-elected by over 51% and had the one of the largest vote margin in history, not bad for a "guy (who) can't even manage a thunderstorm"
What a great counter argument: "It's not my yob,man."

Clinton with a "similiar plan"? Dude, mail me some of that crack you are smokin, I want to go to the same planet you are on.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #134 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
dantefr - 9/23/2005 1:21 PM

Kind of off topic, but GermanStar, i just wanted you know, I have spent thousands of dollars at your store for parts for my Benz, but I have a feeling I may be looking for a new vendor for my parts.... I don't let politics sway my business decisions, but being called names is one big turn off with me, this is a discussion forum, everyone should be treated with respect and offer their opinions and research. Next time maybe you won't call clients names.....
Number one, this is more than "kind of off topic", it is both inappropriate and untrue. That said, feel free -- there are plenty of reputable vendors out there.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #135 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:36 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
dantefr - 9/23/2005 3:11 PM

kvining,
When the levees broke and refineries were in jeopardy of destruction it became a federal issue. Regardless, he should have stepped in and taken the initiative. I doubt even the staunchest liberal would denegrate him for doing so, and if they did, they would be suffering the samre venom here as his supporters.
The nice thing about this forum is we can take off our professional hats and say what we feel. Due to your threats, I assume you feel otherwise and probably should take a hike.

post #136 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Please, please, please...

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/23/2005 3:35 PM
Quote:
dantefr - 9/23/2005 1:21 PM
Kind of off topic, but GermanStar, i just wanted you know, I have spent thousands of dollars at your store for parts for my Benz, but I have a feeling I may be looking for a new vendor for my parts.... I don't let politics sway my business decisions, but being called names is one big turn off with me, this is a discussion forum, everyone should be treated with respect and offer their opinions and research. Next time maybe you won't call clients names.....
Number one, this is more than "kind of off topic", it is both inappropriate and untrue. That said, feel free -- there are plenty of reputable vendors out there.
I can't wait for number two. <font size=3>I really need to go!</font> <font size=6>Number 2!</font> <font size=9>Now?</font>

“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”
-- Stephen Bishop
post #137 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

RE: Please, please, please...

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 9/23/2005 1:41 PM

I can't wait for number two. <font size=3>I really need to go!</font> <font size=6>Number 2!</font> <font size=9>Now?</font>
Dang -- I forgot about number 2. I guess I was too busy calling people names (???).....

post #138 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:45 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 93 500SEL & 99 S500
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You're right, it is unnecessary to involve professional matters (I have edited my previous post)... I do appologize.... however, i do feel name calling needs to stop. And GermanStar, I have spent over a thousand bucks at your place in the last 2 years.... A/C evaporator, Rotors, suspension stuff, antenna, and much more. You do have excellent products...
Now, we all know that regardless of what Bush does, he will be ridiculed by many people, just as Democratic president's are ridiculed by other people. I don't consider myself a Republican or Democrat, rather an Ultra-Conservative. I disagree with Bush's immigration policy and have written many letters informing him and my own senators of this. I am not one who blindly follows the party.
post #139 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:47 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

First Alfa with #9 now this yahoo with #2. I think I found the common bond with these guys. They can't count.

post #140 of 146 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
dantefr - 9/23/2005 1:45 PM

You're right, it is unnecessary to involve professional matters... I do appologize.... however, i do feel name calling needs to stop.
I agree, which is one reason I do not engage in name calling, even after being victimized by numerous personal attacks......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in