BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 1984 300CD, 1983 240TD Euro
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
RE: God? and stuff....

Oy Gevalt! Now it's Barukh Pasta???

Doh, we've already got one:

Barukh atah Adonai, Elohaynu, melech ha-olam ha-motzi lechem min ha-aretz.

For the Goyem out there:

Blessed are you, Lord, our God, king of the universe who brings forth bread from the earth.

Oy Vey!!!

I'd rather pray for the wine though...

Barukh atah Adonai, Elohaynu, melech ha-olam, borei p’riy ha-gafen.

and again...

Blessed are You, Lord, our God, King of the Universe, creator of the fruit of the vine.

A wine god seems more appropriate here.

Want cheese with that???

I'll drink to that!

[8D]

Gary

1984 300CD, Exterior Code # DB877 Petrol - Blue/Green Interior Code #155 MB-Tex Creme

"Even more attractive than this coupe's classic lines are it's classic over-the-road capabilities".
Mercedes-Benz of North America 1984 range brochure

SR 395 @ Mono Lake, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/19/2005 2:26 PM

Does he ever.

The point Robscaef misses is that my Galaxy/Black Hole duality is as valid as his God/Devil dichotomy. All religions utimately rest on the faith (or gullibilty as it were) of it's believers, because so far none has been able to actually produce a God from their shell games. My condemnation of his pitiful lack of faith in the monkey's uncle is as valid as his of me. In fact, mine is even more valid than his, because the proof is strong that my God makes men out of monkeys, than his magical God, whom he claims is able to make monkeys out of men if he so wishes, yet to this day Robschaef and his co-religionists are yet to put on the show of his God doing so. I simply have more proof. Therefore, I demand you all worship me, and say a pledge each day, "to one nation, under the Hawkinian Galactic / Black Hole Duality, indivisible, beyond quantum strings, made of spagetti and meat balls, with large stalk for eyes". How is my G/B and different from his God/Man?

P.S. I have included an artistic drawing of Him creating a mountain, trees, and a midget. Remember, we are all His creatures.
post #53 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:15 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/19/2005 1:04 PM
What makes you think that God 'knows what everyone on the planet is thinking at the same moment in time and from moment to moment' in addition to your further extrapolation? ...
if that is what God is, then i guess that the definition of the word "God" must be "the entire universe" because that is the only thing thats with all of everyone CONSTANTLY..........

and the universe is infinite, apparently, and therfore so must be the amount of other cultures, "intelligent" and recogzizable by our definition of "life".......therefor, NO ONE, "made" JUST the planet earth.....caus thats all they talk about in the bible, and it just PROVES that its all a story, 'caus its all based on their primitive state of knowledge........

i CANT force myself to make fiction into fact, as my grandmother laments, all the time.....she's been blissfully ignorant to REALITY her entire life, and thinks that I and my life ARE EVIL.......not far off, from the mom, in the movie "waterboy"....

post #54 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

all this is the reason i had to put "and stuff" at the title of this thread...i KNEW it would go on forever, and have endless hours of reading material included......excellent, a good discussable topic...i always think about this subject, when my mind wanders, and it seems that others do too, as "everyone" has some point to make, or view to express.....isnt BenzWorld great?? [;)]

EDIT: Now i'm gonna have to take time out, and read all this...[8)]
post #55 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:23 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Quote:
v8crazy - 9/19/2005 6:32 PM

Why would they make fat free ravioli now that is blasphemy
how does that work anyways?? i tried it, and seemed just like normal to me...maybe its all a conspiracy to make people FAT, by feeding them what they think is fat free raviolis, but its really just regular...[:0]
post #56 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 11:27 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Quote:
ThrillKill - 9/18/2005 8:21 AM

Just trying to keep silliness alive for the people who find Pauly Shore amusing.
isn't Pauly Shore amusing?? [?][:0][:D]
post #57 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 04:11 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: '83 380SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/20/2005 9:42 PM
I heard singing, and tomato sauce rained from the sky, and I saw angel hair pasta flying about with little farfalle wings and playing harps. It was beautiful. "You shall name Him....Prego...." said the Flying Spaghetti Monster, "and He shall bring in a new era of love and a worldwide following of Pastafarians willing to shed marinara sauce for what they believe."
Here we go again. Won't be long before another joker suckers a segment of the proletariate into following spaghetti-god "Ragu", and we'll be killing each other over pasta sauce. WFF3 - World Food Fight 3.
post #58 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/19/2005 2:04 PM

Quote:
Robschaef - 9/19/2005 10:22 AM

So what you are saying kvining is that you are open to believing in a creator, God, if it is very sepcific terms. No way is there a person sitting in heaven the way some discribe. Well, I think I have tried to bring up before that some people may visualize God as a person sitting in Heaven looking down. I for one, do not think we are capable of comprehinding what God is like. I do believe in God and Christ. How can anyone comprehend what it would be like to know what everyone on the planet is thinking at the same moment in time and from moment to moment. Even if you could comprehend that, you would also need to comprehend that you could also know that out come of all of the possibilites for each person at the same time. I don't think we are even close to figuring that out. So we are back to faith. You either believe or don't believe. That is your choice, freewill. If you quit trying to define God and just accept him, try to open a relationship with him. You may be supprised that you no longer need a definition.

Just my .02 cents
Aren't you guilty of doing exactly what you've accused KV of doing in defining God in this very post? What makes you think that God 'knows what everyone on the planet is thinking at the same moment in time and from moment to moment' in addition to your further extrapolation? Is that a requirement to attain "God" status? Can't God just be some ethereal dude who planted a cosmic garden and just sits back and watches it grow? My point is that it's important to define what you believe in. It seems to me that a lot of folks have their own personal little God that they define in a manner that brings them comfort and seems credible to them. Everyone's God is different and no one is any more correct than anyone else. Of course, there is an easy way to clear all this up, but I'm still waiting...
No he's not guilty of defining God. He was stating what the Bible says about God, that he is all-knowing. Nothing wrong with that.
post #59 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Gert123456 - 9/20/2005 7:32 PM

No he's not guilty of defining God. He was stating what the Bible says about God, that he is all-knowing. Nothing wrong with that.
The Bible says a great many things. Do you believe them all, or just the one's you find credible?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #60 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

There are two common references in the bible........Wine......And shit that's hard to believe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in