Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: God? and stuff....

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 9/23/2005 7:57 AM

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/23/2005 9:38 AM
I'm sorry, but this exceeds my attention span by rather a large margin, could you please rephrase using ten words or less? Alternatively, could you supply me with some amphetamines in order to increase my attention span?
You did not need to go nukular on me!
Don't have amphetamines, but I never rarely take all the hydrocodone that I'm being prescribed for my ailments. If you like those, I can have the remainder sent to you next time, instead of Rush L.
OK -- now that I'm slightly more lucid than this morning (emphasizing slightly), I believe to have the solution at hand. We need only to apply geographic prophylactics in the form nuclear condoms. Enclose each threat within a pre-lubricated, ultra-thin, ribbed device (for their collective pleasure) and we shall be quite safe from the ravages of their ejaculated weaponry, as well as nuclear or any other type of proliferation.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 12:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/23/2005 1:40 PM
OK -- now that I'm slightly more lucid than this morning (emphasizing slightly), I believe to have the solution at hand. We need only to apply geographic prophylactics in the form nuclear condoms. Enclose each threat within a pre-lubricated, ultra-thin, ribbed device (for their collective pleasure) and we shall be quite safe from the ravages of their ejaculated weaponry, as well as nuclear or any other type of proliferation.
COME ON!

You know better than that! Re-read your post, you spelt nukular all weird.

Your idea is not without merit though!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #213 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 9/23/2005 10:28 AM
Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 9/23/2005 10:03 AM
Quote:
GermanStar - 9/23/2005 8:35 AM
Quote:
Botnst - 9/23/2005 4:44 AM
Abortion is killing a child not yet born.
Exactly. And contraception is killing a child not yet conceived.
Potential of life is not life. An unborn child is not potential life, it is life.
Botnst's and your statements are not equivalent thought processes.
The question goes back once more to, when does life begin:
Clearly, it cannot have begun before conception.
Has it begun when the eggs is fertilized? On this people of good will will never agree. I'm partial to say that it is no more alive than a kidney (then again, people don't sacrifice a kidney unless it is dysfuntional, but that is the personal issue others have described and to which I subscribe) until all higher brain functions are functional and functioning correctly.

This is where there is a possible dreakdown in Botnst's incremental approach of day n to day n+1. That could also make a limit such as "abortions allowed until the n'th week of pregnancy" pointless, although it could be a valid guildeline, within +/- a few days.
Egg cells and sperm cells are most definitely alive. Heck, epithelial cells of the skin and intestine are alive. I think we need to place a more emotional weight on the thing to make it worth arguing.

I think that most people, regardless of culture, object to killing human beings. But most people make exceptions to that general rule under certain grave (!) circumstances. Each of us has our own personal list of exceptions to the taboo of killing otehr folks.

Sperm and egg are alive and the zygote is alive. And the post-partum human is alive and the human, old and frail on the deathbed, is still alive. I think it was Haldane who said that a person is just sperms' way of making more sperm.

B
We cannot disagree when using the broader sense of "live", "life" or "alive"
I don't remember where you stood on the Schiavo deal, but I was of the op<u>o</u>nion that she was a vegetable ripe for the picking. Yet, she was alive, by the (accepted) definition you used.
In my post, I provided for my view of what constituted life. I may well be wrong, completely wrong, and most certainly wrong according to 50% of BW.org member's values). My view is nothing else than the filter I would apply if I had to make such decision, and a filter I would apply if I had to sit on Kervorkian's jury, amended for the fact that a terminal being, alive by my definition, has the authority to request his life to end, but that no-one can make that decision for him/her.

The other definition of Life I go by is:
Life, a lethal, sexually transmitted disease.

-- Stephen Bishop
post #214 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/23/2005 2:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this exceeds my attention span by rather a large margin, could you please rephrase using ten words or less? Alternatively, could you supply me with some amphetamines in order to increase my attention span?
Don't have amphetamines, but I never rarely take all the hydrocodone that I'm being prescribed for my ailments. If you like those, I can have the remainder sent to you next time, instead of Rush L.
OK -- now that I'm slightly more lucid than this morning (emphasizing slightly), I believe to have the solution at hand. ...
Eeeeewwwww!! Please keep it to yourself.
post #215 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 9/23/2005 3:18 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/23/2005 2:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:
OK -- now that I'm slightly more lucid than this morning (emphasizing slightly), I believe to have the solution at hand. ...
Eeeeewwwww!! Please keep it to yourself.
That's just rewd, no, no, no, that's just lude. Crap, as long as it's lubed, then rubbed.

-- Stephen Bishop
post #216 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

It's OK -- just don't get any on ya'.......

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #217 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:15 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: '83 380SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 9/23/2005 5:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Potential of life is not life. An unborn child is not potential life, it is life.
Has it begun when the eggs is fertilized? On this people of good will will never agree. I'm partial to say that it is no more alive than a kidney (then again, people don't sacrifice a kidney unless it is dysfuntional, but that is the personal issue others have described and to which I subscribe) until all higher brain functions are functional and functioning correctly.

This is where there is a possible dreakdown in Botnst's incremental approach of day n to day n+1. That could also make a limit such as "abortions allowed until the n'th week of pregnancy" pointless, although it could be a valid guildeline, within +/- a few days.
Egg cells and sperm cells are most definitely alive. Heck, epithelial cells of the skin and intestine are alive. I think we need to place a more emotional weight on the thing to make it worth arguing.

I think that most people, regardless of culture, object to killing human beings. But most people make exceptions to that general rule under certain grave (!) circumstances. Each of us has our own personal list of exceptions to the taboo of killing otehr folks.

Sperm and egg are alive and the zygote is alive. And the post-partum human is alive and the human, old and frail on the deathbed, is still alive. I think it was Haldane who said that a person is just sperms' way of making more sperm.

B
By your collective logic,

... anyone who cracks an egg open for breakfast should be instantly reported to PETA, and

... a woman's menstrual cycle kills one baby a month until menopause.

No wonder you're on medication.

post #218 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:16 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: '83 380SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

B

... anyone who cracks an egg open for breakfast should be instantly reported to PETA, and

post #219 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

as the TOP creatures of the food chain, our lives our worth LOTS more than some dumb chickens.....

thus, u cant compare the two fairly.....HUMAN eggs, and chicken eggs....

amphetamine, in Heilbronn, is a waste prduct from video cassette production, at the BASF factory, in Mannheim.....its stolen out by some techs or whatever, in 5 gallon buckets, as liquid......that turns into a LOT of amphe........do they manufacture "medical" amphe in the US? and prescribe it? if they do, then why no medicinal Herbs?? they are MUCH better for u anyways.......

however, i'm sure Bushy's goverment has some REALLY GOOD amphe on hand, to feed to a Marine expeditionary force, and then set the loose, to conquer the russians, and slaughter the Chinese, and walk over the North Koreans..........
[:0]
post #220 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
C230Kto380SL - 9/24/2005 7:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

B

Hey, how did you know I take Lipitor?

Bot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in