Date registered: Sep 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: God? and stuff....

Quote:
ThrillKill - 9/21/2005 3:16 PM
OMFG!!
Yes?

For a limited time only, get saved for 5% of your earnings, payable on a weekly basis.
Offer valid for new customers only. Void where prohibited. <font color=#EEEEEE><b>Nuke Mecca!</b></font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005

Quote:
ThrillKill - 9/21/2005 3:16 PM
OMFG!!
What the F*ck!
Have you taken my name in vain again? You'll pay for that, you insignificant figment of my imagination!

For a limited time only, get saved for 5% of your earnings, payable on a weekly basis.
Offer valid for new customers only. Void where prohibited. <font color=#EEEEEE><b>Nuke Mecca!</b></font>
post #123 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 01:57 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 9/21/2005 2:16 PM

OMFG!! I just realized that is a MAD stick-on. My whole room was decorated with those.....And Rush posters.
Watch your fucking language young man. This shit will not be tolerated in this household. Wait till your father comes home you'll be sorry! Crush out cigarette, point remote at Thrillkill with one eye open, swish dress, and walk off leaving trail of smoke.
post #124 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
MarcusF - 9/21/2005 12:32 PM

"In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views."
- Albert Einstein
from The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, page 214
OK -- what's the point? The conflict between Christianity and science is entirely one sided. The fact is that science has no agenda other than the search for truth through the determination and application of empirical evidence. Christianity, OTOH, does have an agenda, and that agenda has historically included condemning those who criticize or disprove certain tenets of Christianity to ridicule, imprisonment, or even death. In case you haven't noticed, the warmth with which Christianity greeted the findings of Galileo and Copernicus is still evident today. The difference is merely one of degree.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #125 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:24 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shane - 9/21/2005 2:57 PM

Quote:
ThrillKill - 9/21/2005 2:16 PM

OMFG!! I just realized that is a MAD stick-on. My whole room was decorated with those.....And Rush posters.
Watch your fucking language young man. This shit will not be tolerated in this household. Wait till your father comes home you'll be sorry! Crush out cigarette, point remote at Thrillkill with one eye open, swish dress, and walk off leaving trail of smoke.
Naw, Mom didn't smoke, but she loved her Manhatten's. As long as I didn't forget the Angustura bitters, I had free reign of the household.

post #126 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:42 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
MarcusF - 9/21/2005 3:32 PM

Your response would seem to indicate that you find the babblings of one Charles Darwin to be unscientific. In that, we have something we agree on! Since you didn’t care for my last quote, perhaps you’ll find this one to be more palatable.

"In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views."
- Albert Einstein
from The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, page 214
I'm not sure where you got that! I find the theory of evolution to be very solidly backed up by empirical evidence. Having never read Darwin's books, I wouldn't know how scientific his approach was considering the times when he proffered the theory, I'd imagine that scientific rigor was not as great in those times. That being said much rigor has been practiced in evaluating his theories since that time.
Interesting Einstein quote, although I don't know what the hell it has to do with evolution. I don't recall Einstein studying evolution or writing any papers on it. I thought physics was more his bag.
post #127 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Gert123456 - 9/20/2005 11:28 PM

The problem with evoltionists and their THEORY is this:

According to science philosophy, a scientific theory becomes a scientific law when it is proved repeatedly under various different circumstances.

The problem with the theory of evolution is that it disproves itself. Because when you go back as far as you can, and keep asking the question "where did that come from?" you eventually come to a point where there is just SCIENTIFICALLY NOTHING. What made the Big Bang? Gasses? Ok, where did the gasses come from? No matter what you answer, I can just keep asking you "where did that come from?"

So the theory of evolution implodes on itself by disproving itself using it's own scientific guidelines. Not only does the theory of evolution lack proof, but it disproves itself.

Has something ever come from nothing? No. Has an explosion ever created anything? No, in fact explosions have only ever destroyed things. Science philosophy says that whenever something occurs repeatedly under various circumstances, it becomes a law. Explosions repeatedly destroy things, so the theory of evolution is Indisputably DISPROVED!

So using the guidelines for defining a 'scientific fact' it is therefore a FACT that the theory of evolution is not only implausible, but is, according to the very science it claims as its basis, impossible.

The theory STARTS OFF by ASSUMING matter and force. The closest thing to the theory of evolution being plausible would be if that assumption of matter and force, were GOD, in other words, after God caused that one-celled organism to come into existance, the rest followed by evolution (Also highly scientifically unlikely)

Now I know what you're saying, "So then where did God come from? If there is simply nothing, then where is God?"

Here's the thing: Science says "Seeing is believing". But Christians do not operate by scientific laws. They operate by spiritual laws that seem to directly contradict scientific laws. For example "Do not live by sight, but by faith. FIRST BELIEVE and then you will SEE" The same way natural laws say, "keep your money and you will make more" and spiritual laws say "be a giver, and you will make more"

So spiritual laws GOVERN scientific laws, and HENCE, do not submit under the same scientific rules.

So, though a Christian cannot explain the source of God, he doesn't have to explain God using scientific reasoning because science did not create God, God created science.

Any level headed person reading this, can now clearly see how science cannot explain the origin of things.

This leaves us in a place where we have to believe in something we cannot explain with science - God!

And some people may say that the Bible puts the earth at an age of around 5700 years.

So stop arguing litle issues like prophecy and the missing link and the earth's age. Focus on the overall governing issue: Science PROVES ITSELF impossible to have been the origin of things, and that leaves SOMETHING supernatural, that though we cannot explain it, is the only explanation that doesn't disqualify itself.

P.S. Don't judge religion by the people the follow it. Particularly, don't judge Christ or Christianity by the people that call themselves Christians. If you sleep in a bakery, you don't become a loaf of bread. So going to church doesn't make you a Christian. You are a Christian if you firstly believe in Christ as the Son of God, comfess that you believe in Christ as the Son of God, and then act like Christ.

PPS. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bible is not a rule book. It's mostly a guide book. "All things are permissible for me, but not all things are profitiable!"

Ricardo
SO let me get this straight - you believe the theory of evolution is disproven because you can follow it back to a point where you have no knowledge? In other words, to use your bread analogy, the bread in your supermarket doesn't exist because you don't know who baked it. Pretty stupid.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #128 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Gert123456 - 9/20/2005 11:46 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/20/2005 10:41 PM

Quote:
Gert123456 - 9/20/2005 7:32 PM

No he's not guilty of defining God. He was stating what the Bible says about God, that he is all-knowing. Nothing wrong with that.
The Bible says a great many things. Do you believe them all, or just the one's you find credible?
I find everything the Bible says more credible than a theory that disproves itself.

The point, if you were paying attention, was that he had a basis for his statement.

"a theory that disproves itself"? Like a flat earth, for instance?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #129 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/21/2005 3:49 PM
SO let me get this straight - you believe the theory of evolution is disproven because you can follow it back to a point where you have no knowledge? In other words, to use your bread analogy, the bread in your supermarket doesn't exist because you don't know who baked it. Pretty stupid.
Pretty stoopid indeed, it says so on the f*ck*n loaf, Mrs. Baird!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #130 of 273 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/21/2005 3:51 PM
"a theory that disproves itself"? Like a flat earth, for instance?
OK then, if the earth were not flat, how could we stand and not fall down hill. I'm very worried about the turtoise at the bottom, the more people on the earth, the heavier it becomes. The sun a ball of gas, ha ha ha ha ha! You'd be funny if you were not so pathetic trying to obscure the mind of good and decent believers! Yer going to HELL!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in