Air America Hosts: Farrakhan Not Wrong on Levees - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Air America Hosts: Farrakhan Not Wrong on Levees

Two hosts at the liberal radio network Air America are defending Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan - saying he's not wrong to suspect that white people deliberately blew up the levees in New Orleans.

"You cannot blame people for coming up with conspiracy theories," Air America host Chuck D. said, after he was asked Thursday about the paranoid pronouncement by MSNBC's Tucker Carlson.

"They look on television and see that the government is four days late in saving people [who are] supposed to be their citizens," Chuck D. explained.

Carlson gave him a second chance to denounce Farrakhan's lunatic declaration, saying, "You're a smart guy. You know that white people didn't blow up the levees to kill black people. You've gotta know that didn't happen."

But the Air America host refused to budge, insisting instead that there was a chance Farrakhan could be right.

"I can't say unless I know for sure what's the actual facts and what's actually false," the rapper-turned-talk host said.

Carlson tried a third time, telling Chuck D.: "Look, I can say for certain that it was not a white conspiracy. White people did not blow up the levee to kill black people."

Still, the radio lefty wouldn't denounce Farrakhan's poisonous rant, saying only, "I don't think it's a person at fault but I think the system needs revamping."

After failing to persuade Chuck D., the MSNBC host turned to panelist Rachel Maddow, who also hosts a show on Air America.

Asked if she believed that white people deliberately destroyed the levees, Maddow declined to render a personal judgment - and instead defended the sentiment behind the toxic hypothesis.

"Conspiracy theories don't necessarily help but you have to understand where they come from," she told Carlson. "They come from people feeling like this disaster had a real racial component. I mean, it was a majority-black city that was absolutely abandoned by the country."

On Monday, Farrakhan uncorked his ugly theory, telling a North Carolina audience: "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:28 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Air America Hosts: Farrakhan Not Wrong on Levees

He could have used those nasty bean pies that they hawk to shore them up.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Alfa - 9/16/2005 6:24 PM

Two hosts at the liberal radio network Air America are defending Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan - saying he's not wrong to suspect that white people deliberately blew up the levees in New Orleans.

"You cannot blame people for coming up with conspiracy theories," Air America host Chuck D. said, after he was asked Thursday about the paranoid pronouncement by MSNBC's Tucker Carlson.

"They look on television and see that the government is four days late in saving people [who are] supposed to be their citizens," Chuck D. explained.

Carlson gave him a second chance to denounce Farrakhan's lunatic declaration, saying, "You're a smart guy. You know that white people didn't blow up the levees to kill black people. You've gotta know that didn't happen."

But the Air America host refused to budge, insisting instead that there was a chance Farrakhan could be right.

"I can't say unless I know for sure what's the actual facts and what's actually false," the rapper-turned-talk host said.

Carlson tried a third time, telling Chuck D.: "Look, I can say for certain that it was not a white conspiracy. White people did not blow up the levee to kill black people."

Still, the radio lefty wouldn't denounce Farrakhan's poisonous rant, saying only, "I don't think it's a person at fault but I think the system needs revamping."

After failing to persuade Chuck D., the MSNBC host turned to panelist Rachel Maddow, who also hosts a show on Air America.

Asked if she believed that white people deliberately destroyed the levees, Maddow declined to render a personal judgment - and instead defended the sentiment behind the toxic hypothesis.

"Conspiracy theories don't necessarily help but you have to understand where they come from," she told Carlson. "They come from people feeling like this disaster had a real racial component. I mean, it was a majority-black city that was absolutely abandoned by the country."

On Monday, Farrakhan uncorked his ugly theory, telling a North Carolina audience: "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."
It's almost impossible to make stuff like that up. "The Onion" is going to have a hard time staying ahead of Farrakhan + Air America.

Bot
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 08:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Farrakhan is a racist himslef, Alfa whay are you taking him seriously?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 09:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shabah - 9/16/2005 10:36 PM

Shabah, what do real Muslims think of that outfit?

Bot
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 9/16/2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Bot
Well Bot, most (my circle of people) think he is crazy, dangerous and needs to be ignored so he can go away. Some other idiots know he is an idiot too but hey as long as he is a "thorn" in America than he is some hero.
The bottom line he is not really a Muslim nor does he really practice Islam. I am not much of a religious dude but I got to respect Islam in its purist form about racism. The religion does not tolerate racism, class structure and other inequalities, unfortunately Islamic culture is fucked up to the hilt because there are and were so many ignorant imams and charlatans that gave their own interpretations for whatever suited them. I am not going to decipher the religion to explain any deeper as I admit I am not that knowledgably; I mean I don’t pretend to know unlike most of the idiots running around pretending to live by the book.
Anyway, going back to Farrakhan, I think he is a pompous pus.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 PM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member

He's more of a Jew-baiter and hater than anything else.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shabah - 9/17/2005 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bot
Well Bot, most (my circle of people) think he is crazy, dangerous and needs to be ignored so he can go away. Some other idiots know he is an idiot too but hey as long as he is a "thorn" in America than he is some hero.
The bottom line he is not really a Muslim nor does he really practice Islam. I am not much of a religious dude but I got to respect Islam in its purist form about racism. The religion does not tolerate racism, class structure and other inequalities, unfortunately Islamic culture is fucked up to the hilt because there are and were so many ignorant imams and charlatans that gave their own interpretations for whatever suited them. I am not going to decipher the religion to explain any deeper as I admit I am not that knowledgably; I mean I don’t pretend to know unlike most of the idiots running around pretending to live by the book.
The same criticism applies to any religion. Religions, when doing what they do best, give comfort to the hopeless and downtrodden who have nowhere else to turn. For them a meal is a miracle. No wonder God is real to them and less real or unreal to we who have everything the world can give us.

People who live that life of deprivation and desparation are especially susceptible to people who offer them righteous power through the sword.

Your comments concerning Farrakhan are congruent with the biographical movie, "Malcom X." Remember in that movie when he made his Hadj? That was when he learned the meaning of the totality of submission to God as demanded by true Islam. It changed him to be a better man, which is the whole point of religion, IMO.

Bot
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:57 PM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Botnst - 9/16/2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bot
The same criticism applies to any religion. Religions, when doing what they do best, give comfort to the hopeless and downtrodden who have nowhere else to turn. For them a meal is a miracle. No wonder God is real to them and less real or unreal to we who have everything the world can give us.

People who live that life of deprivation and desparation are especially susceptible to people who offer them righteous power through the sword.

Your comments concerning Farrakhan are congruent with the biographical movie, "Malcom X." Remember in that movie when he made his Hadj? That was when he learned the meaning of the totality of submission to God as demanded by true Islam. It changed him to be a better man, which is the whole point of religion, IMO.

Bot
You seem to have dismissed my anti-semitism remark in regard to the Nation of Islam leader. Do you not feel this is reason enough to label him a kook?

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
ThrillKill - 9/17/2005 12:57 AM

Quote:
Botnst - 9/16/2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bot

Bot
You seem to have dismissed my anti-semitism remark in regard to the Nation of Islam leader. Do you not feel this is reason enough to label him a kook?
I must've dismissed it out of hand without knowing it.

Bot

P.S. Yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in