9/11 The Obvious Question - Rate Mr. Bush's Performance In Making Us Safer - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 and 2006 C230s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: 9/11 The Obvious Question - Rate Mr. Bush's Performance In Making Us Safer

Sure, Sadam proved that a people in fear are very submissive, after all, look at the guys vote totals... He was one of the most popular leaders in history.

If Osama is Bush's boogeyman, then Sadam was Clinton's. How many cruise misslies did we shoot over there at tax payer expense? Both statements simply aren't true. Foil hats, nothing more.

GST, I feel a bit dated, but "FWIW" ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 5:58 PM

Right, and to point out the differences...

When those attacks occured, how much did the US attempt to intervene in another countries foreign policy, and tell them how to handle the situation? If advise was given and not taken, did we get pissed?
Advice was given and not taken? Am I the arrogant one?
For or against, justified in their fight or not, I see that $ went to the IRA, from contributors in this country, which resulted in the death of "culpable" AND <b>innocent</b> people alike.

Quote:
So many people hear the first part of the statement and ignore the intent of the entire thing. When it has happened to everyone else; we offered aid, and let them deal with it in a maner that they saw fit.
You are requesting that others on this board back up their posts with fact, why do;t you enlighten us? The truth is foreign policy in the US is self serving, we've made no such offer to countries victim of radical islamist terrorism.

Quote:
When we were attacked, why is it such a radical idea to think that we should have been allowed to deal with it as we saw fit. But so much of the One World mentality prevails NOW and it didn't then.
Show me one country that objected to our intervention in Afghanistan (other than Afghanistan and like states)
I noted that you accused abother poster of being full of it, you are not very slim yourself!
Of course, we subsequently showed our righteousness with regards to the intervention in Iraq, the WMDs are now in our safe hands, and the terrorist networks have been dismantled. For that, you should be bitter about the doubts of France (enough to puke on French cheese and rename French fries), Germany (but not enought to drive a GMC product though) and a few others.

Quote:
When Arafat had a school bus bomed, why was his house not bombed?
At the time, dear Mr. superior being, Arafat did not have a home, much like Osama today. The Mossad would have loved to get that son of a bitch when he was all about killing kids.

Quote:
While the world chose to roll over when attacked, we did not. I did not say that we feel you should be there, just for God sakes, if you don't want to help then leave us the hell to our buisness.
I'm baffled, how can you be ignorant and arrogant at the same time? Yet, here you are! Rolling over eh? Shows how much you know about the internal politics, constraints, migratory movements, and other relevant factors such as consequences and responsibilities born from previous colonialistic behavior, recognition of the State of Israel, all factors shared between western European nations which have suffered from terrorism before the U.S.

Quote:
The underhanded dealings amongst most of Europe show me the true intent of the people. Get what's best for them while putting on airs about concern for the good of the world.
"The underhanded dealings amongst most of Europe"
You do know the people well! How lucky are they that we, on the other hand, act selflessly for the greater good of all nations! Thanks for the lesson in morality, I bet your farts smell like French (strike French, replace with your favorite Walmart brand) perfume.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #43 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 6:07 PM

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 9/12/2005 3:48 PM

We are the mighty after all, and God bless America, while he pisses on the rest of his creation!
This is arrogance on your part in making the comment for two very obvious reasons.

1: My argument has nothing to do with religion.

2: I never have said that I feel America is the best, only that we are the least tolerant of attacks on our people. After all that has gone on in Western Europe in the last thrity years I would be ashamed to be from a majority of the countries there. GB, France, and Germany all used to be very proud and powerful countries that people feared to trouble with. I'm not saying that one needs to be overly aggressive or prideful, but to just roll over tiem and time again. Where is their pride?
I see, only you can express your opinion as you see fit. When others do, it should be dubbed "arrogant".

My post, whether you agree or not, like it or not, was as relevant as your engaging us with the "US uberalles" bullshit view of foreign politics and US foreign policies.

You think we are above the rest, just like <b>some, not all</b> cretins dressed up on Sunday believe that God has blessed this nation and no other.

Did you miss the part when you criticized other nations for rolling over and being unresponsive, while we, on the other hand, had adopted the one and only appropriate line?
Forgive me for having mistaken your compassionate and loving comments for the deriding and stupid comments they really were.

Where is their pride? Islam is now the second religion in countries like France, getting close in Germany. Migratory factors are such that 10% of the population in France is from Algerian, Tunisian, Moraccan origin, the same groups found in Germany, in smaller proportions, but a higher influx from Turkey. Same holds true for Belgium, The UK has their fair share of arabic mulsims. Most of these already feel repressed, ignored, marginalized, under appreciated, etc... Some places are unlivable (try Marseilles, some districts of Paris, or Brussels, etc...)
Do you think such should not be consideration in your policies. Do we not have special provisions here to make sure we do not alienate minorities in this countries?
Descartes pretended that reason was the thing that was best shared in the world "La raison [le bon sens] est la chose du monde la mieux partagée". As much as I admire him, I say stupidity is, of which you are a fine example!

-- Stephen Bishop
post #44 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
LK1
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: 86 300SDL
(Thread Starter)

TCP,
Bravo. One of the reasons I love this forum is that there are just enough yahoo's (boneheads? boneheadeddoctors?) that actually believe the merde that comes out of their mouths.
This allows someone that ACTUALLY passed the 4th grade (along the way to their graduate degree) to educate them with facts and a well reasoned argument.
As we all know, the only response to facts and reasoning is NAME CALLING, so prepare yourself.
PS, I forgot "Intelligent Design" is also a good response to facts and reason.
post #45 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
LK1 - 9/12/2005 11:38 PM

TCP,
Bravo. One of the reasons I love this forum is that there are just enough yahoo's (boneheads? boneheadeddoctors?) that actually believe the merde that comes out of their mouths.
This allows someone that ACTUALLY passed the 4th grade (along the way to their graduate degree) to educate them with facts and a well reasoned argument.
As we all know, the only response to facts and reasoning is NAME CALLING, so prepare yourself.
PS, I forgot "Intelligent Design" is also a good response to facts and reason.
My favorite passtime is watching folks passing merde with the left hand and calling it pudding.
post #46 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 7:55 PM

People... They spoke with people at Al Basrah, An Najaf, and Bagdad from what they have told me. I'm sure they didn't ask their religion, in as much as I don't begin conversations with; "So ya Jewish?"
and i am sure they were just jubilant about permanent US bases there too, weren't they?

in political asylum
post #47 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 9/12/2005 11:23 PM
My favorite passtime is watching folks passing merde with the left hand and calling it pudding.
Yummeeehhhh! It's all about the icing.

BTW: Are you still flying over / navigating in N.O.?
How are things, from the raw and unaltered, non P.C., perspective of someone who's actually been there?

-- Stephen Bishop
post #48 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 and 2006 C230s

Quote:
LK1 - 9/12/2005 8:38 PM

TCP,
Sorry, just a Bachelors in Psychology, and a Masters in Marketing... Does this mean that I'm not allowed to play?
post #49 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
AMSOIL300CDT

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

ok, now i feel we can say that we're NOT better off....i mean, who needs all this??? just for some cheaper oil?? america should be growing bio-fuels, and spending money on that, instead of billions, on a bunch of shia, and kurds, and sunnis......just cut the land up into 3 parts, each can have their own land, and be done with the CIRCUS!!!
post #50 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 6:06 PM

We are safer.

Perhaps the French may throw cheese, the Germans desire to invade France, and the Brits talk shit behind our backs while they help us, but how many planes do you see flying into buildings? Do you think that it is "just the terrorists plans" to wait ten years between attacks?

Islamofacists aren't Bill Clinton. They are aware that you don't hit an enemy and then let him recover to hit him again. You kick them in the ribs while they are down. Yet we are left alone. The WORLD may be pissed as hell that we won't let them all have a voice, but perhaps when they are attacked they can decide to get everyone's opinion before reacting. Right now, if the attacks were to come frequently enough, I do believe that we would bomb Mecca into a parking lot. I feel that the a-holes of the world know it too, and know that we have a President willing to order strikes by any means necessary to put an end to it. Look at Iran. They flaunted their hostages in Carter's cabinet's faces, and Regan's ellection resulted in their immediate release. Do you think that they are concerned with GW any less?
Buck fush.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in