9/11 The Obvious Question - Rate Mr. Bush's Performance In Making Us Safer - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:52 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2005 and 2006 C230s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: 9/11 The Obvious Question - Rate Mr. Bush's Performance In Making Us Safer

Iraq... If Iraq was so greatful that out of the goodness of their hearts they said that they would be more then willing to offset some of the cost that we sustain while helping them. If they insisted that we not bear the burden of helping them to secure their country, train their forces, and use our equipment alone, but with their financial aid. What then? Is it fiscal matters alone that concern you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
BenzWorld Member

People... They spoke with people at Al Basrah, An Najaf, and Bagdad from what they have told me. I'm sure they didn't ask their religion, in as much as I don't begin conversations with; "So ya Jewish?"
post #33 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Fiscal matters concern me a great deal, as does launching an unprovoked invasion against a non-combatant sovereign nation that had neither the will nor the ability to do us harm. You want to buy into the Bush administration crap and see us as liberators -- fine -- I'm sure the same kind of jargon was being tossed around in Europe in the late '30s and early 40s.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 4:55 PM

People... They spoke with people at Al Basrah, An Najaf, and Bagdad from what they have told me. I'm sure they didn't ask their religion, in as much as I don't begin conversations with; "So ya Jewish?"
There are three distinct races in Iraq (who have very little use for each other, BTW) -- you may want to do a little background reading. There are no "Iraqis" per se -- there are Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #35 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 5:00 PM

Quote:
old300D - 9/12/2005 3:27 PM

If anyone else had been President, Osama'd be dead, and we wouldn't be in Iraq.
That's total BS and you know it... Anyone else might not have us in Iraq, but Osama would still be missing, and you know it to be true.
No, I stated it because I meant it. In spite of the half-measured response to 9/11 in Afghanistan, he almost got Osama but backed off. Partly because he had better targets and better resources in Iraq. Bush likes Osama at large because he provides a spectre of terrorism to justify spending more on war, enriching corporate profiteers. Don't like what I say? Don't read it.

OBK #35

post #36 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
BenzWorld Member

1: Yeah, jargon in the 30's and 40's... What about when FDR was sitting on his ass (pardon the obvious very inapropriate polio refrence that could be made) while Europe struggled?

Just because we aren't being harmed, it means we need do nothing? So you are all for suspending tax payer financed aid to impovershed countries right? Because after all, we shouldn't be meddling, and wasting your money, right?

2: Religious differences are not racial differences. That's right on par with an A-Hole comment like "Black people and white people are two very different groups with no need for one another." They are PEOPLE... And if you and them could get past the religious differences, and see that, we'd all be beter off. Heusein could not get past that with Kurdish PEOPLE and look where that got him...
post #37 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:25 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
old300D - 9/12/2005 5:13 PM
No, I stated it because I meant it
Bush likes Osama at large because he provides a spectre of terrorism to justify spending more on war, enriching corporate profiteers.
Don't like what I say?
Don't read it.
Believing what you're typing doesn't stop you from being full of it. No more than me responding will get you to see how wrong you are.

The statement "If anyone but Bush were president, we would have gotten Osama by now," is complete bullshit. I'm impressed that you're willing to back it up with conjecture and speculation! A+ for your spirited arguing of an unprovable, and ultimatley foolish statement.

What next? Bush set the whole thing up to get rich?

Be carefull, the foil in your hat looks like it's coming undone, the aliens can probably pick up your thoughts if you don't fix that!
post #38 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
BenzofBend - 9/12/2005 5:17 PM

2: Religious differences are not racial differences. That's right on par with an A-Hole comment like "Black people and white people are two very different groups with no need for one another." They are PEOPLE... And if you and them could get past the religious differences, and see that, we'd all be beter off. Heusein could not get past that with Kurdish PEOPLE and look where that got him...
Perhaps you'll rethink that analogy after studying the history of the region and the Iraqi civil war that's looming around the corner -- in the meantime, believe as you wish and I will do the same -- it makes no difference to me.

post #39 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
BenzWorld Member

Trust me, I don't think disagreeing on the internet changes much of anyone's perspective. However I certainly wasn't going to sit around with what was here and not say anything.

As for the future of the Iraqi people. Only time will tell, I just feel more positivley about it than you.
post #40 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Well said -- FWIW, I hope you're right!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in