post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 05 C230K
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CKlassBenz
(Thread Starter)

Gas prices are getting so rediculous its not even funny, but we have the power to bring it back down, we have a bigger voice than they do please read and post or send to anyone you know....

I Get Gas From Shell ... Is That Good Or Bad?

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

You're dreaming in daisy land if you think that you're going to get 300 million people to quit buying gas from Exxon and Mobil. A triple of questions to illustrate my point.

If you quit buying from Exxon and Mobil and buy only from Shell, Shell's gonna run out of gas, right? When they run out, people are going to buy anywhwere they can get it so they can drive. No one is going to hurt themselves to try to hurt someone else.

If you don't buy from Exxon or Mobil, would you then be buying from a mom and pop operation that sells Exxon or Mobil (even though their sign doesn't say so), unknowingly contributing to the two headed beast you wish so much to avoid?

Are you going to walk when Shell runs out of gas (assuming your campaign really works and 300 million people with the IQ of a mossy rock don't buy from Exxon and Mobil)?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The only way you can affect fuel prices is to not buy any, and reduce demand. I make my own diesel fuel. [:D]

OBK #35

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: