Where is that FAT BOY when you need him? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
RE: Where is that FAT BOY when you need him?

Quote:
Alfa - 9/2/2005 10:16 PM

FOR WHAT EVER REASON
CHOOSE---that's the key word. Most did not 'choose' to stay. There was no choice.
Go clean your guns or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Monkey have a nose bleed tonight?
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

^^^^
You know what Bob?-i've read a lot of your posts and said nothing.However if anyone needs a supply of tampons it sounds like you do.Why all this macho BS?
So unsure of your own sexuality that you need to resort to being disparaging and disrespectful towards women?Go have yourself a Pink Squirrel and chill out.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Alfa

Don’t read them then.
It makes me laugh that all the whiners and complainers on this forum need to stick up for each other.
Are you that insecure in your views?
Who made the first snide comment here on this topic?

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Alfa - 9/2/2005 10:33 PM

Monkey have a nose bleed tonight?
You're kidding me, right? Are you really attributing my pissy attitude to a period? Whatsamatta, Bob? Can't take some shit off a girl? Gotta resort to the lame ass 'she must be on the rag' bullshit.
The only thing bleeding here are my eyes after reading a couple of your incoherent posts.

[xx(][xx(]
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Alfa

If the shoe fits.
Like I told the other drunk, don't read them.
It's your choice.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Does anyone here have the type of experience that Alfa is speaking of? I certainly don't, and although I find the situation terribly frustrating, I'm not going to complain about the efforts, because I really don't know what's involved, and I certainly couldn't formulate a plan to meet everyone's satisfaction. This is an unprecedented disaster in our country, and I'm sure that federal and local governments are doing the best they can. I wish they were doing better, but I don't really grasp how they could.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Alfa,
Or Bob Dirts? You would not have asked your question if you know anything about me. I happen to work in our country's E 9-1-1 environment. I help design over 45% of the PSAP in VA, 50% in MD, 35% in PA, 30% in NY, 15% in FL 10% in KY, 25% in SC, 25% in NC, 100% in MA, 10% in DE, 60% in NJ and 80% in ME. That is just my personal involvement, and by no means as the percentage of the PSAP designed by the company I work for. Which happens to be a 30-year old hardware/software outfit, and has an industry domination of over 50%.

So what has it got to do with the price of rice in China? I think I can speak with authority that I know a thing or two in disater relief/rescue requirements.

You, on the other hand, talk big base on your limited experience from your military past, in which, in the civilian world, has no relevance whatsoever. The worse people I ever work with are the ex-military type. You guys have limited mind sets/trainings, and procedures apply only in localized flashpoint/battlefield applications.

It does not take a chimp to figure out getting help to the victims don't need helipads, field/combat/evacuation hospitals, as you mentioned. All they need is food air dropped to the convention center. We did it in Berlin almost 50 years ago, why can't we do it today? We only need to have buses transporting the sick and the injured to a hospital in the neighboring towns and citiies. This is U.S. of A. and not a battlefield in some far off country that you have to track a few hundred kilometers to a friendly village. You look at the scenerio like you are fighting a war, and that is the exact training you military folks received that prevent you from seeing the forest for the trees.

I made a comment about the fat boy Jeb, and you go off half cock about my experience without even knowing me professionally. Do you even comprehend my point, or you just read a few lines and went ballistic?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Alfa

Obviously you are much smarter than anyone currently in charge.
Then you best get your ass down there.
Thump your chest and tell them you install phone lines.
Demand to be in charge because you can speak with authority.
Please don't respond, that would only delay your departure.

ZETRON?
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Alfa

Quote:
Jillian80 - 9/2/2005 10:12 PM

Thousands didn't choose to stay in their homes--they had nowhere else to go. They had no way to get anywhere if they did have a place to go.
Somebody get the bread and mayo, 'cuz this chick just brought the baloney.

Everyone here is very quick to slam me for my comments, but what lies behind them is real truth and valid anger. Hell, I'm very angry at the people who chose to stay behind. Now, millions of dollars are being spent pulling these idiots off roofs that could have gone to helping those who actually followed the directions. And the rescuers are putting their lives at risk for these people.
And please, don't give me this garbage that people are 'too poor' to flee or even worse, "don't have a car." What the hell is wrong with our country that we believe that not having a car makes you a victim? Did the 1,000,000+ refugees who fled the genocide in Rwanda climb into their Hummers and hit the paved 6-lane highway to safety? NO - they gathered what was important (read: LOVED ONES, water, food) and hit the road ON FOOT. And all this without the tens of thousands of television/police/rescue personnel warnings like the people in N.O. had... But no, in America, we need a luxury bus (air-conditioned and with bathrooms, of course) to pick us up and haul our stupid butts away from danger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in