Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
RE: Rove 101

Quote:
GermanStar - 8/16/2005 8:32 PM

Quote:
Jillian80 - 8/16/2005 6:08 PM

Right on. I'm getting you a beer too. [8D]
You know, you are fast becoming my favorite female poster in the entire Off-Topic section. [:D]
Alright smarty---that just cost you the good beer. It's watery Buttweiser for you! [:D]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 8/16/2005 9:43 PM

Quote:
JimSmith - 8/16/2005 9:20 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 8/16/2005 9:14 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 8/16/2005 8:12 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 8/16/2005 4:44 PM

Every contest among the Republicrats seems to pit two persons whom I wouldn't care to run, against each other. That's why I vote 3rd party. Maybe someday we'll break one or both of the parties. When that happens there will be a massive reshuffling. It needed to happen 60 years ago. I'm hoping it will happen in my lifetime.
Yeah, but you would voted him if he wasn't a lock. If Rove was a suspected child molester, would that have sway in some manner? I don't really see much difference...
Well, I guess that it comes as no surprise that I see child molestation as a crime and a powerless advisory role as a eunuch position.
And what does this have to do with Rove? A powerless advisory does not describe Rove. And a eunuch abusing children is not some kind of a saint to welcomed into your home. Jim
A powerless eunuch position perfectly describes a job that has no appointed role or duty. His power is only that as advisor, meaning that he who receives the advise may use it or not with no consequences accruing to the advisor. Look it up. That's why Congress has no hand in the position and never has had a hand in it.

Who said anything about eunuchs abusing children? Take some time and read what I wrote. Saves bandwidth.

B
I did. You suggested or implied with your response that the role Karl Rove has in the administration is such a trivial one that his being a child molester would have no bearing on his fitness to continue to advise the President of the United States. You suggested this by defining his role as an advisor who should not be measured by the advice he gives since he is not responsible for making decisons that implement that advice and potentially result in harm to others. You likened the role to that of a eunuch to clear him of having to be considered a child molester for some reason.

I merely pointed out that Rove's propensity to molest children, whether with a complete set of male genitalia or not should not be a significant factor in considering him a child molestor. I also objected to the suggestion he is a "mere" advisor and not to be associated with the advice he gives, since it is at the President's option that the advice is taken.

Rove leaked classified information to reporters to serve his master's interests. Are you suggesting he was giving advice when he did this, or are you suggesting he was responding to his master's accepting of his advice? For an advisor he has an unusually tight grip on the steering wheel, gas pedal and brakes of the bus that is the Bush Administration and by extension the Republican Party. Based on how he is either allowed to carry out his advisory functions, or how his role is defined within the Bush Administration, the title of advisor and its responsibilities as you outlined them are really unrelated. Suggesting Rove is merely an advisor is like saying Eichmann was merely an advisor to Hitler. Jim
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My point is that there is no alternative. You guys believe Rove to be the focus of all evil in the political world. I may agree that he is a bad character. But your candidates are no better. You disagree with Bush's politics and see eliminating Rove as a step to correct this. I believe you are confusing the issues. Its difficult to keep these things seperated. In my (not so sharp) memory, I recall abuse of power by people of both parties. Abuses on "my" side are excused as necesary; abuses on "your" side are evil, and must be destroyed. As I've said before, its all political. In fact McCain/Feingold is nothing more than an incumbancy protection act---it was a bipartisan act to eliminate competition.
Unless there is fundamental change in the way power is centralised in DC, we could wave a magic wand, and replace everyone there, and the same thing would happen again.
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 8/16/2005 2:45 AM

My point is that there is no alternative. You guys believe Rove to be the focus of all evil in the political world. I may agree that he is a bad character. But your candidates are no better.
No, Bush is the focus of evil -- since he embraces Rove, he accepts responsibility for Rove's actions. Almost anyone who does not attack the adopted children of opponents is better than anyone who does -- period. You're just using poor excuses to justify your support of a guy who is inherently evil.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:50 AM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 8/17/2005 4:45 AM

My point is that there is no alternative. You guys believe Rove to be the focus of all evil in the political world. I may agree that he is a bad character. But your candidates are no better. You disagree with Bush's politics and see eliminating Rove as a step to correct this. I believe you are confusing the issues. Its difficult to keep these things seperated. In my (not so sharp) memory, I recall abuse of power by people of both parties. Abuses on "my" side are excused as necesary; abuses on "your" side are evil, and must be destroyed. As I've said before, its all political. In fact McCain/Feingold is nothing more than an incumbancy protection act---it was a bipartisan act to eliminate competition.
Unless there is fundamental change in the way power is centralised in DC, we could wave a magic wand, and replace everyone there, and the same thing would happen again.
Your simplifying the so called (Left's) criticism of one of their most radical opponents. Rove is not evil. Lets stop the simple name game here and now. He is simply too radical and aggressive to serve in our supposedly modern society/gov't. He should be relegated to a second or third world country so he can join those like him in power. We are supposed to be above backhanded tactics. Rove degrades our standards of what is right and wrong as accepted by the majority in this country.
All this begs the bipartisan question; why ignore the threat and downward slide in ethics? When will the problem become obvious enough that you will realize it regardless of past preferences/prejudices? The debt, the unjust war, the deaths, the radical inflation, the shrinking quality of life, when will it become because of and not just by chance? Do you think it logical to ignore a large and growing mass of our population's will to see Rove et. al. out of power? Legally of course, that is the only civilized way.
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Jillian80 - 8/16/2005 7:10 PM

Alright smarty---that just cost you the good beer. It's watery Buttweiser for you! [:D]
Well Ok -- do you have Butt Lite?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It just that I would like to see some even-handedness. Thats why I say its all political. If you all were interested in throwing out all the bums, I's join you. But as I see it, you just want to get rid of the republican bad guys and leave the democrat bad guys in place.
You have a recently impeached president on your side who is still influential in your party politics. You also have Sandy Berger stealing documents from the archives. Is that behavior OK?
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

I know you're not talking to me -- I have voted Republican for president my entire life and probably would have again if this asshole didn't get the nomination. You don't like McCain's politics -- fine -- the bill you keep trying to assassinate has the opposite intent of what you believe. Nobody would like to see quality third party and independent candidates more than McCain. Regardless, unlike GW, McCain is a decent human being who wouldn't stoop to the underhanded tactics of our fearless leader under any circumstances.

post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 8/17/2005 5:02 PM

It just that I would like to see some even-handedness. Thats why I say its all political. If you all were interested in throwing out all the bums, I's join you. But as I see it, you just want to get rid of the republican bad guys and leave the democrat bad guys in place.
You have a recently impeached president on your side who is still influential in your party politics. You also have Sandy Berger stealing documents from the archives. Is that behavior OK?
Berger was indicted and plead guilty. Clinton got his cock sucked, and lied about. Rove committed treason, Bush committed murder, and NINE BILLION DOLLARS is missing from Iraq. I'll take my bad guys over your bad guys any day.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Uh, that's mass murder, which is apparently no big deal......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in