Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Rove 101

Quote:
MS Fowler - 8/15/2005 6:47 PM

So should every dishonset, lying politician from any party.
I agree wholeheartedly, and politicians who initiate rumors about opponents brown babies should simply be removed by any means available from the political process altogether, regardless of any actual illegality.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 8/15/2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly, and politicians who initiate rumors about opponents brown babies should simply be removed by any means available from the political process altogether, regardless of any actual illegality.
You really mean that, "by any means available"?

That's a drastic cure looking for a worthy disease.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 8/15/2005 8:27 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 8/15/2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

You really mean that, "by any means available"?

That's a drastic cure looking for a worthy disease.
Rove-itis.

OBK #35

post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:39 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD

GermanStar,
I'm glad we agree on that.

However, I think you cross a dangerous line with the " by any means, regardless of illegality."
We are, presumably, a nation of law. What you advocate is lawlessness. Somethings may be obnoxious, but legal. I prefer to let such scoundrals slide by in order to preserve the protection of law for the rest of us.
Whats the difference between your view on Rove, and say, the way Hitler and his pals turned Germany against the Jews?
If you think your morality provides you with some extra-law ability to pronounce judgment, I think you are going down a very slippery slope.
But, back to the topic, If Rove is proved guilty of violation of law, then he merits legal punishment. No more; no less. In fact that was the thrust of the old Mosaic law---We tend to think " an eye for an eye" was very strict. In fact it was to limit the amount of vengence to be taken. In other words, if someone poked out your eye, you were not to kill him for it; you were limited to only polking out his eye.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:55 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 C320

I think he (Germanstar) meant that it doesn't matter whether what Rove did or not was illegal, he should be taken out of office. I don't believe he was advocating illegal action to "take out" Rove, although I can see how you would interpret it that way.
I think its pretty sorry that you have to commit a crime before your eligible for removal from this administration.
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Exactly -- I said by any means available. Personally, I think this whole GW episode speaks to very serious problems in our country. IMO, by not firing Rove and offering a public apology, GW has assumed personal responsibility for these heinous acts. There is something very wrong when acts of grievous immorality propel someone to the presidency of the U.S. In a decent world populated by decent people, this crap would/should have been political suicide.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Well, what do you expect from a gang of murderers? It is time that we face up to the fact that that is indeed what they are - a collection of murderers, theives, backstabbers and lowlife felons. With a little luck this country will wake up to this fact and vote the GOP out of Congress so these criminals can be investigated and tried. The GOP Congress has been the equivalant of the Chicago Police in the 1930's, letting George Capone and his gang victimize the world and this country with treason and murder.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

My point is that they are not really to blame -- the American people are to blame, for it was they who empowered them.

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 96' W210 & 10' W212
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 8/15/2005 9:47 PM

GermanStar,
Where in the my post do you see ANY defense of Rove? You're thinking with your political mind, again. I said nothing to defend him.
If he is guilty, he should pay the penalty decreed bt the law.
That's gonna be a long list.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
That Guy - 8/16/2005 10:55 AM

I think he (Germanstar) meant that it doesn't matter whether what Rove did or not was illegal, he should be taken out of office. I don't believe he was advocating illegal action to "take out" Rove, although I can see how you would interpret it that way.
I think its pretty sorry that you have to commit a crime before your eligible for removal from this administration.
Rove doesn't hold an office. He is not subject to congressional oversight. He's a paid operative of the president.

He was in there from the first election and has been there ever since. Everybody who voted for Bush voted for his team. They got 51% or so of the popular vote.

Bush doesn't appear especially interested in popularity polls. Probably because he won the only polls that matter.

Everybody who voted for Bush voted for his team. They won. In a few years there will be another contest. Best wishes for your favorite candidate. In the next contest I hope our country gets more than what it deserves and less than it wants.

Every contest among the Republicrats seems to pit two persons whom I wouldn't care to run, against each other. That's why I vote 3rd party. Maybe someday we'll break one or both of the parties. When that happens there will be a massive reshuffling. It needed to happen 60 years ago. I'm hoping it will happen in my lifetime.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in