LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: What was your weekend project?

My weekend project was trying to detox KV. Unfortunately, he escaped with my stash, and I am in hot pursuit.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 03:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I spent some time in my garage this weekend. I put new brakes Disks and pads) all around but found out that one of my rear calipers has a problem. It only pushes on one side. I wonder how long it has been doing that.
While I was at it I installed front wheel bearings and replaced the rear accumulators. I also replaces the rear and front shocks. I did not have a fun time removing the rear seat but I did find a bunch of toys from my daughters when they were little. That was cute, the Ninja turtles bring so much memories.
I flushed all break fluid, cooling, rear differential, suspension and engine oils. I had a transmission filter handy so I went ahead and replaced the old one.
Installed a thermostat (the old one was strangly running cool) and I put new belts.
Tomorrow I will replace the iginition and spark plug wires, plugs, rotor and distributor.
I will wrap it up with a Beta testing and some EHA current adjustments. Maybe if I have time I will install new vaccuum hoses all around (i have afew feet of that stuff and I am itching to cut some).
As I was working on the car I was tempted to call a buddy (he does AMG mods) of mine in Europe and have him send me an AMG 6.0 engine with a Kompressor. Maybe I will just give this car to theboss since he is looking for a 560 and I will start from scratch. I will think about it.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

What kinda sheik are you? Aren't you supposed to get you wives to do that stuff?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 04:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

LOL, they were cleaning the cars while they were all soaped up for my pleasure. The longer I worked on the car the longer the cleaning sessions and the more I got to see. We had water fights and dunkin and soap messages. My back was aching from working under the lift you know.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 04:56 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shabah - 7/31/2005 5:09 PM

LOL, they were cleaning the cars while they were all soaped up for my pleasure. The longer I worked on the car the longer the cleaning sessions and the more I got to see. We had water fights and dunkin and soap messages. My back was aching from working under the lift you know.
I'm shakin' that tree boss........shakin' that tree!!

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 05:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
ThrillKill - 7/31/2005 6:56 PM
I'm shakin' that tree boss........shakin' that tree!!
Thrillkill, I am having a cultural black out. What's with the shakin? It sounds like a bit from a movie but you must mean something that's beyond my understanding of rudimentary idioms.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 05:38 PM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member

Just realized it should have been bush not tree. A line in Cool Hand Luke. There was a scene where these chain gang prisoners are working in the hot sun and the wardens HOT wife decides to wash her car.....To this day it's one of the most smokin' scenes. Please rent it because it is fantastic. The Most famous line in the film came from Strother Martin http://www.destgulch.com/movies/luke/luke18.wav

Also the word "Mullet" in it's present meaning has been traced to this film

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 05:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
ThrillKill - 7/31/2005 7:38 PM

Just realized it should have been bush not tree. A line in Cool Hand Luke. There was a scene where these chain gang prisoners are working in the hot sun and the wardens HOT wife decides to wash her car.....To this day it's one of the most smokin' scenes. Please rent it because it is fantastic. The Most famous line in the film came from Strother Martin http://www.destgulch.com/movies/luke/luke18.wav

I have seen that movie a million times. I love it!
I even had an egg context like that when my ass was drafted by force when I went back to Russia...
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 10:05 PM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 7/31/2005 6:38 PM

"What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. I don't like this any better than you do."
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 10:16 PM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shabah
I even had an egg context like that when my ass was drafted by force when I went back to Russia...
http://www.destgulch.com/movies/luke/luke10.wav

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in