busters the boy! - 7/25/2005 6:05 PM
There are bad apples in every profession, bar none.
You tell the story of a bully who wanted to be a cop so he could bully in uniform.
Remember Keith Blakelock? Hacked to death by a mob with machetes. Found crawling along the ground with his jawbone hanging off; that image remains with me to this day. A decent guy, a family man who bullied nobody.
So what, he was only a policeman.
I think the police have more to fear from us than the other way around.
This is the tip of the iceberg,there is plenty more to come out.Already we hear from different sources that video evidence is 'missing' from the most watched city on Earth.:-
De Menezes family: 'Give us the truth'
10.07AM, Wed Aug 17 2005
The shooting dead of an innocent Brazilian by anti-terror police has been branded "shocking and terrifying" after new details of alleged police blunders emerged.
Jean Charles de Menezes was gunned down at Stockwell Tube station in the mistaken belief that he was linked to the failed July 21 bomb attempts.
Initial accounts suggested that he had fled from armed officers by vaulting over barriers before stumbling onto an Underground train, where the officers opened fire.
But according to documents obtained by ITV News, the Brazilian entered the station at a normal walking pace and even picked up a free copy of the Metro newspaper.
The family of Mr de Menezes has called for a public inquiry into the death of the electrician.
His cousin Allessandro Pereira said: "My family deserve the full truth about his murder. The truth cannot be hidden any longer. It has to be made public."
Harriet Wistrich, lawyer for the de Menezes family, told the press: "It raises very, very serious questions about the shoot-to-kill policy and shows immediate questions need to be asked about whether this policy should be in operation and how dangerously wrong it can go."
The leaked report also indicated that Mr de Menezes was wearing a light denim jacket and not the heavily padded coat as initially claimed.
One police officer in the report was quoted as saying he was able to grab Mr de Menezes and pin his arms to his side before the shooting started.
Another told how earlier during the surveillance operation that led to the shooting he had been unable to record video footage of Mr de Menezes because he had been "relieving himself".
The report also said a post mortem examination showed that Mr de Menezes was shot seven times in the head and once in the shoulder, but three other bullets missed.
On July 22, police had been monitoring a flat in Scotia Road, Tulse Hill, south London, which they believed was linked to the previous day's bomb attempts.
Mr de Menezes left the property before taking a bus to Stockwell tube station.
During the course of his journey, officers came to the conclusion that he matched the description of one of two terror suspects, including Hussain Osman, the alleged Shepherd's Bush attempted bomber, according to the leaked documents.
CCTV footage showed that after Mr de Menezes entered Stockwell station he slowly descended the escalators before running for a train and sitting down.
"Almost simultaneously armed officers ... were provided with positive identification," the report says.
The Brazilian was seen to board the Underground train through the middle doors before pausing, looking left and right, then sitting down in either the second or third seat facing the platform.
A man sitting opposite saw a man boarding and firing his first shot from a handgun at the head of Mr de Menezes from 12 inches away.
A member of the surveillance team said in the report that he heard shouting including the word police before turning to face Mr de Menezes.
"He immediately stood up and advanced towards me and the CO19 officers ... I grabbed the male in the denim jacket by wrapping both my arms around his torso, pinning his arms to his side.
"I then pushed him back on to the seat where he had been previously sitting ... I then heard a gun shot very close to my left ear and was dragged away onto the floor of the carriage."
Scotland Yard Commissioner Sir Ian Blair initially said the shooting was "directly linked" to anti-terror operations but detectives later established he was not connected to attempts to blow up three Underground trains and a bus in the capital the previous day.