LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Did Mrs. Wilson leak her own name??

I believe the reference is to her filing on the campain contribution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Reminds me of the ending of various Python skits.

"...or I shall shoot myself!"
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

That kind of stuff ends up being found later to be in error. it's all Internet rumor crap. We can't know anything for sure until it ends up in courts, that what courts are for. At this point, we can be sure of only what the people involved have admitted to. Rove has admitted he discussed Plame with reporters, something he flat out denied before. The guy should resign, or at the very least, have his security clearance revoked.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:19 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Botnst - 7/20/2005 7:59 PM

Reminds me of the ending of various Python skits.

"...or I shall shoot myself!"
Or my favorite S. Holmes line, " If I am wrong, I shall retire to Sussex and keep bees".

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

I don't know if Mrs. Wilson leaks, but I do know that certain commercial products can be of assistance if she does.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 PM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
GermanStar - 7/20/2005 8:58 PM

I don't know if Mrs. Wilson leaks, but I do know that certain commercial products can be of assistance if she does.
Thou art open to incontinency.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:53 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

sorry, I'll answer my own question. Lying POS.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Will Moderate For Cigars

Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Shane - 7/20/2005 12:27 PM

Yeeooowwww!!!! you mean to tell me Mrs. Wilson destroyed her own substantial career just so she could screw with Rove many years down the road? Uh huh. Sure! You bet! Now about that money manager you have been looking for, have I got a deal for you!
Simply implying it is a mistake on her part and this mistake was discovered and used to get Rove. From my understanding about this matter, it was discovered that Brewster - Jennings & associates was leaked many years before as a front for the CIA. IF so, then it is more than plausable that she was more responsible for her name getting out than any one else.

My question is, shouldn't a CIA under cover agent keep a low profile, even if they work for a front company for the CIA? This whole Rove affair just seems fishy to me. It is just politics as usual! So long as we have Dems and Repubs, they are going to have a pissing contest to see who can take down who. You can really trust neither of them.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:26 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005

Quote:
cmitchprint - 7/21/2005 1:08 AM

Quote:
Shane - 7/20/2005 12:27 PM

Yeeooowwww!!!! you mean to tell me Mrs. Wilson destroyed her own substantial career just so she could screw with Rove many years down the road? Uh huh. Sure! You bet! Now about that money manager you have been looking for, have I got a deal for you!
Simply implying it is a mistake on her part and this mistake was discovered and used to get Rove. From my understanding about this matter, it was discovered that Brewster - Jennings & associates was leaked many years before as a front for the CIA. IF so, then it is more than plausable that she was more responsible for her name getting out than any one else.

My question is, shouldn't a CIA under cover agent keep a low profile, even if they work for a front company for the CIA? This whole Rove affair just seems fishy to me. It is just politics as usual! So long as we have Dems and Repubs, they are going to have a pissing contest to see who can take down who. You can really trust neither of them.
I find your attempt to nuance this a rather striking example of the hypocrisy of flag waving morons. Why is it hard for you to simply mouth the words 'fucking traitor' when speaking of Mr. Rove?
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Your assertion seems to be falling apart by the hour:

Plame's Identity Marked As Secret
Memo Central to Probe Of Leak Was Written By State Dept. Analyst

By Walter Pincus and Jim VandeHei
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, July 21, 2005; Page A01

A classified State Department memorandum central to a federal leak investigation contained information about CIA officer Valerie Plame in a paragraph marked "(S)" for secret, a clear indication that any Bush administration official who read it should have been aware the information was classified, according to current and former government officials.

Plame -- who is referred to by her married name, Valerie Wilson, in the memo -- is mentioned in the second paragraph of the three-page document, which was written on June 10, 2003, by an analyst in the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR), according to a source who described the memo to The Washington Post.

The paragraph identifying her as the wife of former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV was clearly marked to show that it contained classified material at the "secret" level, two sources said. The CIA classifies as "secret" the names of officers whose identities are covert, according to former senior agency officials.

Anyone reading that paragraph should have been aware that it contained secret information, though that designation was not specifically attached to Plame's name and did not describe her status as covert, the sources said. It is a federal crime, punishable by up to 10 years in prison, for a federal official to knowingly disclose the identity of a covert CIA official if the person knows the government is trying to keep it secret.

Prosecutors attempting to determine whether senior government officials knowingly leaked Plame's identity as a covert CIA operative to the media are investigating whether White House officials gained access to information about her from the memo, according to two sources familiar with the investigation.

The memo may be important to answering three central questions in the Plame case: Who in the Bush administration knew about Plame's CIA role? Did they know the agency was trying to protect her identity? And, who leaked it to the media?

Almost all of the memo is devoted to describing why State Department intelligence experts did not believe claims that Saddam Hussein had in the recent past sought to purchase uranium from Niger. Only two sentences in the seven-sentence paragraph mention Wilson's wife.

The memo was delivered to Secretary of State Colin L. Powell on July 7, 2003, as he headed to Africa for a trip with President Bush aboard Air Force One. Plame was unmasked in a syndicated column by Robert D. Novak seven days later.

Wilson has said his wife's identity was revealed to retaliate against him for accusing the Bush administration of "twisting" intelligence to justify the Iraq war. In a July 6 opinion piece in the New York Times and in an interview with The Washington Post, he cited a secret mission he conducted in February 2002 for the CIA, when he determined there was no evidence that Iraq was seeking uranium for a nuclear weapons program in the African nation of Niger.

White House officials discussed Wilson's wife's CIA connection in telling at least two reporters that she helped arrange his trip, according to one of the reporters, Matthew Cooper of Time magazine, and a lawyer familiar with the case.

Prosecutors have shown interest in the memo, especially when they were questioning White House officials during the early days of the investigation, people familiar with the probe said.

Karl Rove, President Bush's deputy chief of staff, has testified that he learned Plame's name from Novak a few days before telling another reporter she worked at the CIA and played a role in her husband's mission, according to a lawyer familiar with Rove's account. Rove has also testified that the first time he saw the State Department memo was when "people in the special prosecutor's office" showed it to him, said Robert Luskin, his attorney.
"He had not seen it or heard about it before that time," Luskin said.

Several other administration officials were on the trip to Africa, including senior adviser Dan Bartlett, then-White House spokesman Ari Fleischer and others. Bartlett's attorney has refused to discuss the case, citing requests by the special counsel. Fleischer could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Rove and Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, have been identified as people who discussed Wilson's wife with Cooper. Prosecutors are trying to determine the origin of their knowledge of Plame, including whether it was from the INR memo or from conversations with reporters.

The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that the memo made it clear that information about Wilson's wife was sensitive and should not be shared. Yesterday, sources provided greater detail on the memo to The Post.

The material in the memo about Wilson's wife was based on notes taken by an INR analyst who attended a Feb. 19, 2002, meeting at the CIA where Wilson's intelligence-gathering trip to Niger was discussed.

The memo was drafted June 10, 2003, for Undersecretary of State Marc Grossman, who asked to be brought up to date on INR's opposition to the White House view that Hussein was trying to buy uranium in Africa.

The description of Wilson's wife and her role in the Feb. 19, 2002, meeting at the CIA was considered "a footnote" in a background paragraph in the memo, according to an official who was aware of the process.

It records that the INR analyst at the meeting opposed Wilson's trip to Niger because the State Department, through other inquiries, already had disproved the allegation that Iraq was seeking uranium from Niger. Attached to the INR memo were the notes taken by the senior INR analyst who attended the 2002 meeting at the CIA.

On July 6, 2003, shortly after Wilson went public on NBC's "Meet the Press" and in The Post and the New York Times discussing his trip to Niger, the INR director at the time, Carl W. Ford Jr., was asked to explain Wilson's statements for Powell, according to sources familiar with the events. He went back and reprinted the June 10 memo but changed the addressee from Grossman to Powell.

Ford last year appeared before the federal grand jury investigating the leak and described the details surrounding the INR memo, the sources said. Yesterday he was on vacation in Arkansas, according to his office.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in