post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Al Qaeda-bad timing guys

Hey guys,maybe if you had done this a few days earlier we would have been saved from being selected for the Olympics.

Latest news is at least 33 fatalities,tens critical with missing limbs etc.,hundreds wounded.

London remains calm.The German bombs didn't faze us, the Irish bombs didn't panic us, so we will take this in our stride and life will go on as usual.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: Al Qaeda-bad timing guys

i don't think this had anything to do with the olympics but G8 is another story..

in political asylum
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:32 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

If any of you Al Quaeda operatives are monitoring this......I hear the Olympics have been moved to Gary......That's Gary, Indiana. Head south past Chicago and follow the lake. You'll know your'e there when you see all the pick-up trucks and long lines for lottery tickets at the liqour stores.

I have some extra Ammonium Nitrate in my garage if you're interested.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hey, jacko doesn't live there anymore...

in political asylum
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/7/2005 9:44 AM

Hey guys,maybe if you had done this a few days earlier we would have been saved from being selected for the Olympics.

Latest news is at least 33 fatalities,tens critical with missing limbs etc.,hundreds wounded.

London remains calm.The German bombs didn't faze us, the Irish bombs didn't panic us, so we will take this in our stride and life will go on as usual.

You'd better get some Kevlar to shield that stiff upper lip, my friend.

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Sympathies to you and all Londoners...

Cant' recall where Buster's The Boy is from, but hope all of you BW.orgers are fine, although most likely emotionally scarred.

England used to be a "safe haven" for radical islamist, to the point that it had been dubbed "Londonistan".

I assume that a number of factor determined London to be a target of choice.

1) Alignment on the US foreign policy (hence the threats to Italy and Denmark, both with military presence in Irak)
2) After 9/11, the UK police started monitoring the islamist much more than they had previously, forcing some intelligence to disappear by virtue of groups going underground.
3) Prosecution of some prominent islamic figure
4) Extradition to France of a terrorist suspected in the 1995 terrorist activities in France

A half dozen operations aimed at the UK had been foiled by the UK Police.

I admire your "optimism" when you declare that life will go on as usual, although it unfirtunately seems to be more wishful than it will be factual. The only question is "who's next?", at least for our generation and the next.

We phoned friends in Beckenham who work in the City, luckily, they were fine!

“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”
-- Stephen Bishop
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 7/7/2005 4:36 PM

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/7/2005 9:44 AM

You'd better get some Kevlar to shield that stiff upper lip, my friend.

Watch the news-you will see that the buses and trains are running again and folks are talking about going to work tomorrow,business as usual.Oh and you will probably also see some American tourists checking out of their hotels, cutting their vacations short
and praying to God for protection.

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

tcp-ML500

"I admire your "optimism" when you declare that life will go on as usual, although it unfirtunately seems to be more wishful than it will be factual. The only question is "who's next?", at least for our generation and the next."

Well i grew up in London in the 1970s and as bizarre as the concept might appear,we took the persistant threat of IRA bombs as a fact of life.The only time that it impinged on my lifestyle was after the Canary Wharf bomb and a 'ring of steel' was implemented around the financial district.This meant being stopped and questioned by the pigs when entering or leaving the area in a car or a motorbike,giving them the excuse to search you for 'recs' or making you blow if they detected a whiff of alcohol.Not the sort of occupational hazard expected by your average commodity trader.
We also got to be the city with the greatest density of surveillance cameras on the planet as a consequence.Thanks for that Paddy and Mick.

[;)]
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:09 PM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/7/2005 3:47 PM

tcp-ML500

"I admire your "optimism" when you declare that life will go on as usual, although it unfirtunately seems to be more wishful than it will be factual. The only question is "who's next?", at least for our generation and the next."

Well i grew up in London in the 1970s and as bizarre as the concept might appear,we took the persistant threat of IRA bombs as a fact of life.The only time that it impinged on my lifestyle was after the Canary Wharf bomb and a 'ring of steel' was implemented around the financial district.This meant being stopped and questioned by the pigs when entering or leaving the area in a car or a motorbike,giving them the excuse to search you for 'recs' or making you blow if they detected a whiff of alcohol.Not the sort of occupational hazard expected by your average commodity trader.
We also got to be the city with the greatest density of surveillance cameras on the planet as a consequence.Thanks for that Paddy and Mick.

[;)]
the Republican Army called in and warned the authorities prior to detonatation (in most cases). The point was to show infiltration not necessarily death. You wont get that courtesy call from Ali Baba.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

^^^
So you are prepared to leave the propagandist lies above your censor?
Another IRA terrorist sympathiser are you??[:(!]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in