Al Qaeda-bad timing guys - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
RE: Al Qaeda-bad timing guys

We Americans have a very high opinion of ourselves. It doesn’t take us long to fall into our old self thinking mode. Except for a few who blamed us for the 2001 attacks on our country, we came together and demanded blood, but shortly we began as a Nation to whine, especially our media. I believe we will learn a lesson from the British.

Contrary to what many in the world believe, the British are a tough people. I don’t mean like the English Football Hooligans, but as a people when threatened. They not only come together, but have the people available to go anywhere and kill those responsible for the recent attacks. You go after a Brit. and they come after you. They have proven that time and again.

What the Britons do not do is to spread the operational plans in the Fleet Street headlines. We talk about the CIA and whine. See what happens when some enterprising reporter runs afoul of the “Official Secrets Act�. They will not be coddled and the BBC will not run an exposé on MI-5 and MI-6. Being jailed should be the least of a “leaker’s� worries. As a Brit I worked with told me; “You and the Aussies love to talk and make threats, but we are a brutal lot when threatened�. In my travels, I have learned that is true. I predict they will put the fear of God into a whole lot of terrorists.

The British also have been dealing with one of the premier terrorist organizations in the world for a very long time. They give no quarter and they ask none. Just ask the IRA.

Unlike Americans who have developed a quitter’s mentality since the Vietnam War, the British will see this latest challenge through. In The Falklands, they went around the world to fight for a tiny piece of wind blown real estate. Why? For citizens of their own there and they had been challenged. No new breed American style; “We will only go when we have overwhelming force�. The Brits went with what they had and put Recon Men on the battlefield in days. Then they kicked butt. No cease fires, no talks and no compromises. They stopped killing when the Argies quit.

You can bet they will go after those who attacked them. They will find them and they will kill them wherever they are. Many have died for crossing the Brits. These killings are usually claimed by others and the British say nothing. They will not brag, explain to the media or tolerate anyone “talking out of school�. There will be no “insider� leaking documents to the New York Times. Further, when they take hold of a terrorist, there will be no tours of the place they keep them. There will be no debate on how they are treated. No Member of Parliament will come down and check on their treatment. Remember? “There is your food Mr. Sands, your choice to eat it or not�. They are not as we perceive them.

The Brits have a brutal streak which is essential in winning this type of war. I am one American who will applaud them. After all, war is a brutal business and can basically be broken down into two scenarios; 1) Naked aggression and 2) Revenge. No Nation on earth is more adept at revenge than the British. Stand back and learn. The “Stiff Upper Lip� means silence and vengeance. No questions asked or tolerated, as it should be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Last edited by administrator; 08-14-2006 at 01:35 PM.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It would be even better if he had a light saber!!
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004

My house is situated almost in the middle of where the bombs went off (clarendon place) and I'm glad to see that Londoners have applied the same "f*ck you" policy the New Yorkers did during/after 911. If they showed fear, the camel jockeys would have won.

You know why these terrorists are not in their own countries? Because over there the authorities would chop their bloody heads off!!

Tally ho chaps!
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ciarano - 7/12/2005 1:36 AM

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/8/2005 4:57 PM

^^^
So you are prepared to leave the propagandist lies above your censor?
Another IRA terrorist sympathiser are you??[:(!]
i suppose you think the english 'aint never done nuffin' in irelad eh! only popped over to keep the peace between the two tribes...

its you're inability to see through the propoganda of almost all your national media and press that has you posting red faced smilies on here...

if the IRA wanted to kill thousands in london in the 70's or tomorrow they would have.. they went (unlike your army) mostly after military or economic targets.. oh, and yes TK is correct they gave warnings....

wise up.

You know,despite the unnecessary violence inflicted upon tens of thousands English civilians in the past,i have always deplored the popular notion that the Irish are thick and stupid.You however are forcing me to change my opinion on that matter just as the U.S. is finally changing it's readiness to sponsor Irish terrorism.jjl was correct,sectarian violence belongs in the 17th century and if individuals such as yourself wish to continue to endorse it i suggest you buy a tea towel for you head and move east.

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:31 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: slk 200 '01

oh my darling, you just haven't even read anything on my post have you?

that's a shame because maybe you could open your mind.

as for your typical english 'surperiority complex inducing stereotypes of Irish'... well not even worth replying to...

by the way one simple question - did england do nothing do deserved the IRA visiting it's shores?
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:35 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: slk 200 '01

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/12/2005 12:21 PM
P.s.

You know,despite the unnecessary violence inflicted upon tens of thousands Irish civilians in the past,i have always deplored the popular notion that the English are clever and sophisticated.

You are forcing me to maintain my opinion on that matter...
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Seems reasonably unthick and co-operative to me.

A viable opportunity now exists ``to remove the causes of conflict, to overcome the legacy of history and to heal the divisions which have resulted'', to set aside the failures of the past and to build a democratic, just and equal society in Ireland which is fashioned by the people of Ireland alone to meet our needs.

Everyone shares a responsibility to bring about a real and lasting peace in Ireland.

Republicans have demonstrated the political will to face up to our responsibility in this. This is evident in the initiatives we have taken, both unilaterally and with others in Ireland to advance the search for peace. The courageous initiative taken by the leadership of the Irish Republican Army, on July 20, in restoring its cessation of August 31,1994 is most significant.

Our long-standing position has been one of willingness to enter into dialogue with a view to removing the causes of conflict. Democratic, political and practical imperatives clearly require the involvement of all political views if a democratic resolution is to be sought and achieved.

Much difficult work lies ahead if the potential that currently exists is to be realised to the full. Sinn Fein look forward to a constructive dialogue with the other participants in this process.

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

^^^

I agree with you,sensible and cooperative,even if a little hypocritical.
Shame it took so many decades,the withdrawal of support from the U.S.,the condemnation by the mainstream population of Northern Ireland,the presence of the British army,the disapproval of the legitimate Irish government,the failure of the 'armed struggle' and countless deaths and maimings to accomplish.
I doubt there are any contributors to these fora who belong to nations that are not guilty of some historical wrongdoings and attrocities,but it is our responsibility as citizens in the 21st century to solve these longstanding problems in a rational and enlightened manner.And even if we lack the political will or influence to be involved directly,we still have the moral duty to ensure our children are not poisoned by the prejudices and ignorance of our forefathers.

Anyone fancy a pint??

post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 08:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/12/2005 10:52 AM

^^^

I agree with you,sensible and cooperative,even if a little hypocritical.
Shame it took so many decades,the withdrawal of support from the U.S.,the condemnation by the mainstream population of Northern Ireland,the presence of the British army,the disapproval of the legitimate Irish government,the failure of the 'armed struggle' and countless deaths and maimings to accomplish.
I doubt there are any contributors to these fora who belong to nations that are not guilty of some historical wrongdoings and attrocities,but it is our responsibility as citizens in the 21st century to solve these longstanding problems in a rational and enlightened manner.And even if we lack the political will or influence to be involved directly,we still have the moral duty to ensure our children are not poisoned by the prejudices and ignorance of our forefathers.

Anyone fancy a pint??
I will drink to that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in