Bad luck Paris! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Bad luck Paris!

Quote:
Shabah - 7/7/2005 10:47 AM

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/7/2005 11:03 AM

Quote:
Shabah - 7/7/2005 2:28 AM

Quote:
Botnst - 7/6/2005 8:29 PM

The Londoners want to stay in-country rather than Paris so they can get a decent meal.
That's not right, I love the food in France, it's in England that I actually starve. Oh well either way I am going to games. I hope to see some of you there[;)]
Hey Shabah,let me know when you are coming-i'll be sure to order up some sheep's eyes and testicles so you feel right at home.

And anyone hankering after frog's legs,snails and horsemeat can just jump on the train to Paris.If torturing animals is your fetish-grab some fois gras while you are there.

[;)]
Thanks Deathrattle, I don’t care much for the eyeballs, but the testicles are one of my favorites. I like them thinly sliced and rubbed with garlic prior to pan frying them; no salt needed. I also like the tongue, but beef tongue is better than cheep.
I also love escargots and pas de grenouilles; I guess if we meet I will take you with me to Provence at a small private kitchen in the heart of a winery for a meal you will never forget. If you like wine, you will be in heaven. I am sure that Thrillkill with his culinary background will understand.
So I look forward to add you to my entourage, you will have a blast I tell you.
How ostentatious......He's the boorish Bagwan Rajneesh incarnate, I tell you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

shabah:
"So I look forward to add you to my entourage, you will have a blast I tell you."

Hmmm- to what sort of blast are you referring?

[:D]
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/7/2005 12:12 PM

shabah:
"So I look forward to add you to my entourage, you will have a blast I tell you."

LOL, well ask thrillkill he seems to have the answer for everything. He thinks I am the Baghwan Rajneesh reincarnated. If that’s true, then following the baghwan mantra will be a blast too, we just have to find a whole bunch of ladies to experience the “blast�.[8D]
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shabah - 7/7/2005 11:21 AM

Quote:
deathrattle - 7/7/2005 12:12 PM

shabah:

LOL, well ask thrillkill he seems to have the answer for everything. He thinks I am the Baghwan Rajneesh reincarnated. If that’s true, then following the baghwan mantra will be a blast too, we just have to find a whole bunch of ladies to experience the “blast�.[8D]
Don't forget the fleet of Rolls-Royce', a must for todays happening spiritual leader.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
This is still only 18 months after 'winning' the bid. It's a clusterfuck, as predicted.

London Olympics could cost £9bn
23/02/07
By Mihir Bose
BBC sports editor

The cost estimates for London 2012 continue to rise

The cost of the 2012 London Olympics could rise to nearly four times the figure set out in the city's bid for the Games, the BBC has learned.
The Treasury and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport are discussing a price of £9bn - up from the £2.35bn set out in London's bid document.
The government believes construction alone could cost £3.3bn, with an extra £2bn allocated as a contingency fund.
Regeneration costs of £1.8bn and a £1bn VAT bill have also been added.
Security costs have also risen to at least £900m.
The Shadow Culture Secretary, Hugo Swire, said the news was "staggering", and said Chancellor Gordon Brown should take responsibility, because he signed off the original budget.
"There is no doubt that there will be real worries across the country about the huge increase in costs... it is time we got a proper explanation from Gordon Brown on what has gone on and assurances as to what the government is doing to control the ever-increasing budget," he said.
In the wake of heavy criticism of the government's handling of the games, Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell admitted to parliament in November that the cost of the Games would rise by £900m - 40% - to £3.3bn.
But critics have continued to express wide-ranging concerns about planning, over everything from transport to the burden on the tax payer and effect on the National Lottery's funding of good causes in order to meet costs.
Decontamination work
The Treasury's insistence on how the budget is drawn up is thought to have considerably added to the costs of the games.
It is understood it now insisting a 60% contingency should be to be added to the construction cost.
But this figure has been resisted both by the Mayor of London Ken Livingstone and also the DCMS.
Both of them would like a much lower contingency, a view that appears to have support from CLM, the Delivery Partners.
A variety of other factors are also at play.
These include rise in commodity prices, adjustments to transport figures to reflect 2012 prices and a revised estimate for inflation on construction costs.
The land in the east end of London chosen for the site also needs decontamination and major remedial work before it can be fit for the games.
The Treasury has also decided that the Olympic Development Authority will have to pay VAT. While VAT is in effect paid to the Treasury, the cash initially still has to be found before it is reclaimed

Last edited by deathrattle; 02-23-2007 at 11:07 PM.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 11:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
dr, I am not coming, hope you feel better now, more parking spaces for you guys.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
I thought this post was about Paris Hilton

Otherwise I wouldn't bother
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 01:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
A kilo of Plaster of paris has more living cells than that bimbo.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
In essence the Olympics where a wonderful endeavour , as honest as the people of the world can be .all coming together to whip the others arse ,it's the decedent Roman in us not the high brow Greek the makes it worth while..I would say that the Olympia Games in London will be like sex with a Walrus , and London will be squashed under the weight of this ever expanding circus of silliness,word is there is now a gold awaiting the winner of the unicycle Ramp ,while scoffing a grilled foreskin champion this time ,I've got my money on that flash suited commie fucka Ken . (rubbing hand together)
Rent your house out to the Russians DR , logo to gogo and make a bob or lots .
Attached Images

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 02-24-2007 at 03:33 AM.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
^^^^^^

To be honest, I'm as mad as fuck. Somewhere as congested and established as London does not need the additional burden either physically or financially of this outrageous circus. We the residents were not adequately consulted and will be paying in blood, sweat and tears for the gratification of a very few individuals.
If the area needs development, then the government should address the matter with the least disruption to the capital, not the maximum. This government has proved to be without doubt the worst in my lifetime. I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire. And as for those sleazeballs Bliar and Livingstone, pass the petrol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in