post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sobering experience

I was out taking a walk in the early hours this morning when i hear an almighty bang.I can see in the distance a car has hit a tree so i run straight there to see if i can help.When i get there, the car is full of smoke but i can just make out a driver and passenger.I start to call 999 and the driver's door opens and a guy slumps out.The passenger, a woman is moaning,semi-conscious.By this time a resident from the other side of the street runs up to help and attends the woman in the passenger seat.The guy has now gotten fully conscious and is running around in the middle of the road like a headless chicken shouting and yelling so i try to get him onto the pavement.As i approach him the smell of alcohol makes my eyes water.He now runs around to the passenger side of the car and starts shouting at his 'wife' and tries to grab her out of the car,sreaming " there's nuffin' wrong wiv yer,get out the car ya silly cow..etc"I have to pull him off and leave the householder to try to help the poor woman is now screaming.The SOB takes a swing at me so i push him against the wall and try to get him to be quiet.He calms down for a couple of minutes and then the pigs arrive who take one look and sniff of him and try to arrest him.He then punches the woman PC as she tries to cuff him so me and the male PC lean into him to restrain him while he spits, kicks and punches to try to get free.An ambulance then arrives and his poor wife is stretchered away.Two more pigs arrive and it takes five of us to get this arsehole into the police van.Unfortunately,i think he banged his head as we were helping him into the van.
It seems the car, a VW Golf, was doing abt 30mph when he swerved into the tree.The hood was 'V'd between the headlights so that the point was only about 4" from the base of the windscreen.Neither of them were wearing seatbelts but they both had front airbags, without which they would have both been killed for sure.
I'm gonna try to wear my seatbelt in future and i'm pretty sure my next car will have to have airbags!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 08:37 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Sobering experience

Air bags are very nice but I would never expet them to replace the good old seat belt. It has saved my life more than once! Sounds like this guy needed a shilacking!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 08:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Robschaef is right about air bags---they are no match for seat belts.
It is also probably helpful to not drive when you are completely wasted. A couple of my school friends were run over as we were Trick or Treating one Halloween by a man whose own wife said he had been drinking all day. Drunk drivers piss me off. [:(!]
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

"Sounds like this guy needed a shilacking!"

I rather suspect that when the pigs got him back to their pen they showed him the error of punching a little blond WPC.
I was sorely tempted to give him a little 'tude adjustment myself when he spat at me but i figured they can do it and get away with it-that's what a lot of them joined up for in the first place.[:D]

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have to agree with Robschaef I don’t think any airbag would ever would be able to replace a restraint system like seat belts.Any kind of seat belts and airbags will not be able to save you form the hassle and injury an accident causes .my ultimate goal is to stay away form a accident as away as possible.
I actually also happen to help out this kid (16-17 year old) driving a passat wagon which was some how involved with a ford cargo van .I t always sad to see and accident especially one with injuries in it. The boy an rotc cadet had suffered some head injuries .i must say my next car will Not Be a WV. I don't know why but it seems the one at fault will not get injured Another thing I have learned is its not a good idea to argue or shove some one in uniform (personal experience)
Btw
Robschaef , sharwma king does makes tasty sharwrma’s .
So how is houston (besides the traffic)
Demon_possessed
[}:)][}:)][}:)]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)

I think the only reason they survived with airbags and no seatbelts was because they hit the tree precisely head on and met the restraints under ideal conditions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in