Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker" - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Quote:
Shane - 7/6/2005 12:04 PM

The Republicans always seem better able of late to manipulate the facts or spin them to their advantage. As usual, the Democrats give off the air of just sitting on the fence and keeping their fingers crossed hoping that Rove might get caught in the media or legal gunsight.
Botnst is correct, what the Democrats need right now is a good lie about a blowjob. Something the average American can relate to. Not some silly legal mumbojumbo about the technicalities of law.
What a clever boy you are! You missed the entire subject and got stuck on the BJ part. Your just like those silly-assed Republicans with their fixation on Clinton's sex life.

Everytime I think I have you figured-out, I learn that I've overestimated your ability to grasp subtility. Hope springs eternal.
Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"


Bush Remains Mum On Wilson Smear

Will Bush press for the truth about the Wilson smear?

By Joe Conason


Even as Matthew Cooper of Time and Judith Miller of The New York Times both face prison time for protecting their White House sources, a question arises that the indignant Washington press corps seems to have forgotten to ask: Why hasn’t the President of the United States tracked down the officials who leaked the C.I.A. identity of Valerie Plame Wilson, fired them and turned them over to the special prosecutor?

George W. Bush hasn’t been obliged to answer that difficult question because the media—understandably preoccupied by the prosecutorial challenge to the essential practice of shielding sources—has obscured the central issues of the Wilson case. Observing the media coverage, as the prison gates dramatically swing open, it would be easy to forget the events that led to this confrontation between the two news organizations and prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald. Those events do not flatter the Bush administration.

For two years, Mr. Cooper and Ms. Miller have protected high-ranking sources who sought to use the news media to punish a real whistle-blower, former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson III. Those sources, aptly called “nefarious� by Judge David Tatel in his opinion upholding the subpoenas, sought to harm the former ambassador by exposing and smearing his wife, Valerie Plame Wilson.

Mr. Wilson had committed the offense of speaking and writing freely about the embarrassing lies and errors in the White House brief for invading Iraq. At the request of the C.I.A., he had undertaken a mission to Niger, the African nation that the President later identified in his State of the Union address as a potential source of enriched uranium for Iraqi nuclear weapons. Mr. Wilson knew that the President’s assertion was wrong—and that the administration knew likewise—and said so in an article for The New York Times.

The leaks about Ms. Wilson’s C.I.A. identity began within days, and within a week emerged in a column by Robert Novak that wrongly suggested she had somehow arranged her husband’s trip to Niger. (Even if she had, by the way, so what? He performed that task as unpaid public service, and he has been proved correct.)

By exposing her identity—protected for two decades as she worked undercover to prevent nuclear proliferation—the White House ruined her career and endangered American national-security interests.

The C.I.A. asked the Justice Department to investigate the leaks, which may have violated the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, a statute signed by George H.W. Bush, the current President’s father.

Attacking her husband was an ugly bit of skullduggery, too. He served the nation with brave distinction as acting ambassador in Baghdad during the months before the first Gulf War. He protected American lives and interests at considerable risk to his own safety and earned a grateful commendation from the first President Bush.

The courageous public service of the Wilsons brings us to the subject of Karl Rove, the Presidential counselor who is their nemesis and moral opposite.

While there is yet no proof that he played a central role in the plot to smear them, the evidence of his involvement is beginning to emerge. His lawyer has acknowledged that Mr. Rove spoke with Mr. Cooper about Ms. Wilson, although the attorney insists that his client didn’t “knowingly� expose her classified status.

That qualifying term is meant to protect Mr. Rove from prosecution under the intelligence identities law, which is narrowly delineated to prevent prosecution of honest error. He could only be indicted under that law if he knowingly revealed the identity of an undercover agent whom the C.I.A. had taken steps to conceal.

But Washington buzzes with speculation that Mr. Fitzgerald is seeking to prosecute someone for perjury or obstruction. To indict an alleged perjurer requires at least two witnesses—which could explain the prosecutor’s zeal in demanding the reporters’ testimony.

Mr. Rove appeared in the grand jury, under oath, at least twice. And if he did participate in this disgusting episode, he would have had ample reason to mislead the prosecutor, even if he thought he had committed no crime.

Back in September 2003, when the White House was still resisting the appointment of a special prosecutor, the President reportedly told his aides, including Mr. Rove, “I want to get to the bottom of this.� His press secretary told the country that the President considered the leak to be “a very serious matter� and said that anyone responsible would be fired. “If anyone in this administration was involved in it, they would no longer be in this administration,� said Scott McClellan, speaking for Mr. Bush.

Specifically exonerating Mr. Rove, he said: “There’s been nothing, absolutely nothing, brought to our attention to suggest any White House involvement.�

No doubt the disturbing facts are at last being brought to their attention. The President should require Mr. Rove to own up to his actions, reveal what really happened, and prevent the jailing of the reporters who have felt obliged to protect this nefarious misconduct.





Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:06 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Quote:
Botnst - 7/6/2005 7:44 PM

Quote:
Shane - 7/6/2005 12:04 PM

The Republicans always seem better able of late to manipulate the facts or spin them to their advantage. As usual, the Democrats give off the air of just sitting on the fence and keeping their fingers crossed hoping that Rove might get caught in the media or legal gunsight.
Botnst is correct, what the Democrats need right now is a good lie about a blowjob. Something the average American can relate to. Not some silly legal mumbojumbo about the technicalities of law.
What a clever boy you are! You missed the entire subject and got stuck on the BJ part. Your just like those silly-assed Republicans with their fixation on Clinton's sex life.

Everytime I think I have you figured-out, I learn that I've overestimated your ability to grasp subtility. Hope springs eternal.
Looked in the mirror lately, Ace?
Shane is offline  
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Quote:
Shane - 7/7/2005 5:06 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 7/6/2005 7:44 PM

Quote:
Shane - 7/6/2005 12:04 PM

The Republicans always seem better able of late to manipulate the facts or spin them to their advantage. As usual, the Democrats give off the air of just sitting on the fence and keeping their fingers crossed hoping that Rove might get caught in the media or legal gunsight.
Botnst is correct, what the Democrats need right now is a good lie about a blowjob. Something the average American can relate to. Not some silly legal mumbojumbo about the technicalities of law.
What a clever boy you are! You missed the entire subject and got stuck on the BJ part. Your just like those silly-assed Republicans with their fixation on Clinton's sex life.

Everytime I think I have you figured-out, I learn that I've overestimated your ability to grasp subtility. Hope springs eternal.
Looked in the mirror lately, Ace?
Ever finished a comic book, ace?
Botnst is offline  
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:02 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Quote:
Botnst - 7/7/2005 7:05 PM

Quote:
Shane - 7/7/2005 5:06 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 7/6/2005 7:44 PM

Quote:
Shane - 7/6/2005 12:04 PM

The Republicans always seem better able of late to manipulate the facts or spin them to their advantage. As usual, the Democrats give off the air of just sitting on the fence and keeping their fingers crossed hoping that Rove might get caught in the media or legal gunsight.
Botnst is correct, what the Democrats need right now is a good lie about a blowjob. Something the average American can relate to. Not some silly legal mumbojumbo about the technicalities of law.
What a clever boy you are! You missed the entire subject and got stuck on the BJ part. Your just like those silly-assed Republicans with their fixation on Clinton's sex life.

Everytime I think I have you figured-out, I learn that I've overestimated your ability to grasp subtility. Hope springs eternal.
Looked in the mirror lately, Ace?
Ever finished a comic book, ace?
Aw now Slick, I didn't mean anything bad. Come on Sport, don't take it so hard. And Chief, why don't you do yourself a favor and learn how to play with others. Now that would make you an even better Sport there Capt'n!
But Babe, I will try harder to be more sensitive and understanding of other asshole's needs.
Chow, Pal.
[:D]
Shane is offline  
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 05:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Quote:
Shane - 7/7/2005 11:02 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 7/7/2005 7:05 PM

Quote:
Shane - 7/7/2005 5:06 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 7/6/2005 7:44 PM

Quote:
Shane - 7/6/2005 12:04 PM

The Republicans always seem better able of late to manipulate the facts or spin them to their advantage. As usual, the Democrats give off the air of just sitting on the fence and keeping their fingers crossed hoping that Rove might get caught in the media or legal gunsight.
Botnst is correct, what the Democrats need right now is a good lie about a blowjob. Something the average American can relate to. Not some silly legal mumbojumbo about the technicalities of law.
What a clever boy you are! You missed the entire subject and got stuck on the BJ part. Your just like those silly-assed Republicans with their fixation on Clinton's sex life.

Everytime I think I have you figured-out, I learn that I've overestimated your ability to grasp subtility. Hope springs eternal.
Looked in the mirror lately, Ace?
Ever finished a comic book, ace?
Aw now Slick, I didn't mean anything bad. Come on Sport, don't take it so hard. And Chief, why don't you do yourself a favor and learn how to play with others. Now that would make you an even better Sport there Capt'n!
But Babe, I will try harder to be more sensitive and understanding of other asshole's needs.
Chow, Pal.
[:D]
The chihuahua is cute when he gets all growly and everything. Don't chew the furniture, please.
Botnst is offline  
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 06:07 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Papa Bot getting cranky! Time for that Viagra laced Geritol again! Just a pinch between your cheek and gum...

Gotta go, he's grabbin' that ol' cane again...
Shane is offline  
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 07:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Explosive allegations on "Plame leaker"

Quote:
Shane - 7/8/2005 8:07 PM

Papa Bot getting cranky! Time for that Viagra laced Geritol again! Just a pinch between your cheek and gum...

Gotta go, he's grabbin' that ol' cane again...
In their styes with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.

Botnst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome